Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4637925 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8300 on: September 28, 2008, 02:11:33 pm »
Meryl: did you stay at the Siesta? What a great picture!

Fabienne: The tablecloth is great! We all love it! As for Speculoos (that's what it says on the jar)...no, we haven't cracked it open yet. I had a craving for Mr. Bagel this morning so I ran downtown to buy a bunch of bagels and some chive cream cheese. I may save the Speculoos til Lance comes home.

Chrissi: The other thing I am saving til Lance comes home is the Ketchonnaise! But my oh my, I am having a hard time keeping that a secret! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8301 on: September 28, 2008, 02:16:16 pm »
Chrissi: The other thing I am saving til Lance comes home is the Ketchonnaise! But my oh my, I am having a hard time keeping that a secret! LOL

:laugh:
Can't wait to hear about his reaction. I would so love to see his face right in that moment! :laugh:

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8302 on: September 28, 2008, 02:22:23 pm »
It's amazing that there's no such thing as Ketchonaise cocktail sauce in the condiments aile in the US.  ???

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8303 on: September 28, 2008, 02:34:03 pm »
It's amazing that there's no such thing as Ketchonaise cocktail sauce in the condiments aile in the US.  ???

Oh, we have cocktail sauce, and we have Russian dressing (which is basically just ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together) but we don't have something in a tube that comes out in stripes....

THOMY Rot Weiß ist ein beliebtes Produkt bei allen Snack- und Fast Food-Liebhabern. Es passt zu Pommes frites, Sandwiches, Burgern, Frikadellen, Fisch und Schalentieren, ist aber auch ideal zum Garnieren. Beim Ausdrücken ergibt sich ein schönes Streifenbild.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8304 on: September 29, 2008, 03:20:55 am »

Monday's Top Ten List

injest                       30,479   
MaineWriter            13,202   
Garry_LH                 11,245   
Front-Ranger          11,224   
DavidInIndy            10,643   
Artiste                    10,559   
Elle                          10,209   
dot-matrix                9,865   
Lucise                       8,772   
Jeff Wrangler           8,318      

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8305 on: September 29, 2008, 06:33:04 am »
Morning all,

Kyle blew through and didn't really bother us except for lots of rain. 63 degrees now but they are predicting temps in the 70s and beautiful sunny skies! Let's hope that weather report is accurate!

L

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8306 on: September 29, 2008, 06:39:19 am »
Oh, we have cocktail sauce, and we have Russian dressing (which is basically just ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together) but we don't have something in a tube that comes out in stripes....

THOMY Rot Weiß ist ein beliebtes Produkt bei allen Snack- und Fast Food-Liebhabern. Es passt zu Pommes frites, Sandwiches, Burgern, Frikadellen, Fisch und Schalentieren, ist aber auch ideal zum Garnieren. Beim Ausdrücken ergibt sich ein schönes Streifenbild.

Ein schönes Streifenbild?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I can just imagine the fun you can have garnishin your Burgern with Thomy.

Thanks for the laugh Leslie.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline optom3

« Reply #8307 on: September 29, 2008, 08:52:20 am »
Well I have very sore eyes this morning. I lost my varifocals the other wek,no lines I think they are called here. Having checked on the price of an eye exam and varifocals here, I decided no way and found myself in Wallmart picking up a pair of reading specs. off te shelf.

I am mortified that I ended up doing that but I had rung my ex business partner,and asked him to look up my old prescriotion, and make me up a new set. He was more than happy to do so, bless him.

I just could not wait any longer though, even with every light in the house on and my book as far away as my arms would stretch, I still could not read.

I will have to wait though as my eyes are really sore this morning.I do at least feel vindicated, for all the yera I spent telling my patients not to buy them . They really do hurt, unless both your eyes are the same and mine aren't.

What a state of affairs though, Optometrist, with off the shelf specs.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8308 on: September 29, 2008, 08:57:31 am »

Somebody once told me that if you add pickle relish, then it becomes Thousand Islands dressing.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline optom3

« Reply #8309 on: September 29, 2008, 09:25:50 am »
Somebody once told me that if you add pickle relish, then it becomes Thousand Islands dressing.  ;D

That somebody was pretty well right. I just make my own sauce with ketchup and mayo, then I can customise it to how my fussy lot like it. Bitt more ketchup fo the boys, bit more mayo for me and daughter.