Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4637012 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8580 on: October 28, 2008, 08:30:42 am »
1st day at work at the shop. I cannot believe how nervous I am. I keep going on about how daft our staff are.What if I can't even run a register/till.
I know they will take the Piss no end, wife of the boss with all those degrees etc.
In fact I am so scared I keep being sick, how stupid is that?
Ah well it's only stupid pride, I will have to stamp on it and get help, when needed. I din't know who scare me more the staff or customers. Particularly with all the robberies going on here at the moment.The shop is in a very rough area !!!!

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #8581 on: October 28, 2008, 08:42:47 am »
Happy Third Birthday to Matilda Rose!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8582 on: October 28, 2008, 08:51:25 am »

Happy Birthday Mathilda Rose!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8583 on: October 28, 2008, 09:46:01 am »
Oh, happy birthday! Three years old, hard to believe.

Dreary day here with lots of rain expected. 52 degrees right now but it is supposed to get much colder in the next few days.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8584 on: October 28, 2008, 01:21:55 pm »
Oh, happy birthday! Three years old, hard to believe.

Dreary day here with lots of rain expected. 52 degrees right now but it is supposed to get much colder in the next few days.

L

Regular Nor'easter down here. We took a colleague out to lunch for her employment anniversary and came back soaked to the skin.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8585 on: October 28, 2008, 01:51:31 pm »
It snowed here in NJ today!

It didn't last more than an hour, nor did it stick, but it was our first snow!

;D

damn, before Halloween, even!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8586 on: October 28, 2008, 02:37:06 pm »
We had a lovely day here, with lots of sunshine. But a frost has been forcast for tonight!  :o Brrrr Time to get the wood stove started.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8587 on: October 28, 2008, 07:35:14 pm »
winter is coming soon......

Offline optom3

« Reply #8588 on: October 28, 2008, 08:18:42 pm »
winter is coming soon......

It's even come to Florida, 51 degs this a.m. !!!!!  Not a happy bunny. The register at work completely threw me as I knew it would. I sit there with all my fancy schmancy degrees and I can't get to grips with a till!!!!
I was so slow, things actually scanned twice. I still get the nickels and dimes muddled up.Then when I have to weigh something as well, well Lordy,lordy. I don't even recognise half the produce we sell. As for which things have tax and which don't ?????  !!!!!

I have a feeling this is not something I am going to master in a couple of days. I have never said sorry so many times in one day, and I already say it quite frequently.
Tomorrow can only get better, except boo hoo now I am getting a cold as well.

It has been a real eye opener, there are bits of animals we sell, which quite frankly, I think even my dogs would turn their noses up at !!  The phrase you can eat all of the pig apart from its squeak is obviously true, pork butts, I ask you !!!!!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #8589 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:54 pm »
I've decided that the days of a w/d that last 25 years are long gone...at least here in the US. In this house, we started off with an ancient Kenmore (the wonderful all in one machine) that probably did last 25 years before it conked out. Then we got a Whirlpool w/d stacked pair they lasted 12 years: 1988-2000. Next up, GE (the machine that died last week; another stackable pair) which I bought in Nov 2000 -- not even 8 years! Of those two, both the washer and dryer have broken dozens of times (it seems). It's been nothing but frustrating. I am hopeful this new pair will have more longevity but I am not holding my breath.

L

Where I used to live, the washer and dryer would break every six months or so it seemed...

::)

PS - Hello from the land of workdom!  (It sure is cold and windy here in my neck of the woods tonight!)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."