Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4636503 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8840 on: November 23, 2008, 11:41:04 pm »
Merci Meryl !

You merit flowers and hugs for posting and taking such photos of First Nation and others !!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8841 on: November 24, 2008, 07:57:40 am »
Can anyone tell about this ce matin ?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8842 on: November 24, 2008, 08:45:51 am »
L - love the new avatar!!!

;D

Thanks!

Chilly here...12 degrees. Rumor has it we are expecting a storm tonight.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8843 on: November 24, 2008, 09:18:32 am »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh.....snow for you!!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8844 on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:26 am »
Good morning. Temp. 29 F when I left home this morning, but no boneless blue today. It's gonna rain tonight for sure.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8845 on: November 24, 2008, 12:25:01 pm »
No snow here. The snow predicted for Fri/Sat never came. It came to Germany alright, traffic chaos everywhere, but not in our area.
Then yesterday evening it did snow, quite heavily even. When we went to bed, it was maybe 2 inches and going on.

And when I woke up this morning - everything was gone again! :laugh:

The snow had thawed and instead it was raining. Still friggin cold, barely above the freezing point.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8846 on: November 24, 2008, 02:38:51 pm »
As Christmas nears now in North America, so will will have to warm up to it !

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8847 on: November 24, 2008, 03:43:37 pm »
Pfft, we had our fair share of snow yesterday. We were at my brother-in-laws, meeting with friend, having a great time. By the time we had to go home, it had been snowing steadily for about four hours. I was a bit worried but I thought the highway would be clear by now. The 'salt trucks' (the men with the machines that throw salt on the roads - I have no idea what they are called in english) were on standby, so they had said on the radio.

Boy, was I wright to be worried. The drive back home normally takes about 50 min. This time it took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to get home. I was completely stressed out when we finally got back. I was driving at about 15 mph! On the highway!!  :o I saw cars in front of me slide from one side of the road to the next, luckily I managed to avoid them.

And no sign of the salt trucks, of course.  >:(

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8848 on: November 24, 2008, 03:53:51 pm »
I'm so glad you're safe, friend!!

In Colorado, the ski areas have just opened, and they needed to make extra snow. I went hiking over the weekend and there was enough snow to keep the rocks from sliding around and for cross-country skiing, but not so much that you had to wade thru it!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8849 on: November 24, 2008, 05:12:20 pm »
Pfft, we had our fair share of snow yesterday. We were at my brother-in-laws, meeting with friend, having a great time. By the time we had to go home, it had been snowing steadily for about four hours. I was a bit worried but I thought the highway would be clear by now. The 'salt trucks' (the men with the machines that throw salt on the roads - I have no idea what they are called in english) were on standby, so they had said on the radio.

Boy, was I wright to be worried. The drive back home normally takes about 50 min. This time it took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to get home. I was completely stressed out when we finally got back. I was driving at about 15 mph! On the highway!!  :o I saw cars in front of me slide from one side of the road to the next, luckily I managed to avoid them.

And no sign of the salt trucks, of course.  >:(

That's exactly what we call them here in Pennsylvania, anyway, salt trucks. Here they usually are just that, huge trucks with some sort of equipment for scattering salt on the roadway.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.