Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4623596 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8980 on: December 09, 2008, 10:37:10 am »
good morning everyone!

some evil person has left a jar of chocolate adn toffee covered macadamia nuts for everyone to pick at.

>:(

"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from chocolate and toffee-covered macadamia nuts."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8981 on: December 09, 2008, 10:38:04 am »
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from chocolate and toffee-covered macadamia nuts."

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8982 on: December 09, 2008, 11:47:38 am »
Bonjour à toutes et tous !!

Good thing that you talk about chocolate which seems to help health, for the good of it!

But there are now many buts, since some of it now has something like increased milk in it which can kill you; that element I forget (was it anti-freeze?) which was added in China and which many chocolate cos. in Europe, USA, etc., I think, used with chocolate, unfortunately, even big well knowed cos!  There was a warning Holloween that even the chocolate money was poison with that - that given often to children then!

Be safe... that way you are healthy !

Au revoir,
hugs!  Anyone has chickens in their yard ?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8983 on: December 09, 2008, 03:38:54 pm »
My daughter plans to install chickens in our yard next spring, but I'm not sure the homeowner's association will allow it. Only two pets are permitted, and we're at our quota now! She also asked if she could repurpose the doghouse for a coop. The dog is getting a little old to spend his days outside, so now he sleeps in the sunroom, especially last night when we had 10 inches of snow.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8984 on: December 09, 2008, 04:09:32 pm »
My daughter plans to install chickens in our yard next spring, but I'm not sure the homeowner's association will allow it. Only two pets are permitted, and we're at our quota now! She also asked if she could repurpose the doghouse for a coop. The dog is getting a little old to spend his days outside, so now he sleeps in the sunroom, especially last night when we had 10 inches of snow.

Why does your daughter want to raise chickens?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8985 on: December 09, 2008, 06:10:09 pm »
Why does your daughter want to raise chickens?

I'm not sure but she came home from Ireland last year on a self-sufficiency kick, and I wouldn't be surprised if she started an egg farm, stuffed mattresses full of feathers, had a thriving chick hatchery, and sold Sunday roasters!! I think she would probably find a use for the manure too!! Here she her and I me are am:

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8986 on: December 09, 2008, 07:59:49 pm »
Merci Front-Ranger !

I think that she has a wonderful idea !

I want to do that too!
But those new so-called neighbours would never allow that,
since they killed all the squirrels !

Why are you allow only 2 animals ?

Here an article on raising chickens in the city:
http://www.pathtofreedom.com/pathproject/simpleliving/chickens.shtml

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8987 on: December 09, 2008, 11:42:06 pm »
I'm not sure but she came home from Ireland last year on a self-sufficiency kick, and I wouldn't be surprised if she started an egg farm, stuffed mattresses full of feathers, had a thriving chick hatchery, and sold Sunday roasters!! I think she would probably find a use for the manure too!! Here she her and I me are am:

Couldn't you get her to raise sheep instead of chickens?  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8988 on: December 09, 2008, 11:50:16 pm »
Chickens in the backyard are getting to be a big thing here in Seattle.  I've never been a chicken person. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8989 on: December 09, 2008, 11:58:08 pm »

Parents of a friend of mine started raising chickens a few years ago.  They initially got their inaugural batch of chickens from an organization dedicated to preserving rare breeds of chickens.  So, when they requested however many "normal" chickens and roosters, the organization gave them 4 extra, free unusual-breed chickens.  Those four had really pretty and very different feathers.  Her parents did (or do) treat the chickens more or less like pets.  They use the eggs, but I don't think they would ever use their chickens for meat.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie