Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4635666 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8990 on: December 10, 2008, 09:34:49 am »
So, on Monday morning it was 20 F when I left home for work. This morning it was 58 F  :P and raining lightly.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8991 on: December 10, 2008, 09:38:30 am »
Same thing here, Jeff!

Has your area been predicted to get snow in the next few days?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8992 on: December 10, 2008, 09:42:47 am »
Same here. 5 degrees on Monday, 15 yesterday, and 52 degrees today, with lots of rain. Dreary.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8993 on: December 10, 2008, 09:43:41 am »
Chickens in the backyard are getting to be a big thing here in Seattle.  I've never been a chicken person. 

We've never suspected you of cowardice, Clarissa.  ;D  ;)

One year for Easter when I was a very small boy, Mother and Dad got me a couple of "peeps." This was back in the day when nobody realized it was uncool to dye their fuzzy little feathers different colors (mine were pink and purple).  :-\  Whenever I handled them, my hands would get all blotchy.  :P  Years later my doctor told me I was allergic to chicken. However, I've never eliminated chicken from my diet, and I don't necessarily feel I've had any ill effects from eating chicken, or eggs, or getting a flu shot.

After Easter we took the "peeps" to live on a farm owned by one of my dad's coworkers.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8994 on: December 10, 2008, 09:44:08 am »
Same thing here, Jeff!

Has your area been predicted to get snow in the next few days?

Nope.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8995 on: December 10, 2008, 09:46:02 am »
We've never suspected you of cowardice, Clarissa.  ;D  ;)

One year for Easter when I was a very small boy, Mother and Dad got me a couple of "peeps." This was back in the day when nobody realized it was uncool to dye their fuzzy little feathers different colors (mine were pink and purple).  :-\  Whenever I handled them, my hands would get all blotchy.  :P  Years later my doctor told me I was allergic to chicken. However, I've never eliminated chicken from my diet, and I don't necessarily feel I've had any ill effects from eating chicken, or eggs, or getting a flu shot.

After Easter we took the "peeps" to live on a farm owned by one of my dad's coworkers.

You were probably having a reaction to the dye or something in the chickens' feathers (like dander on a cat) and not allergic to the chicken itself. My 2 cents.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8996 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:46 am »
You were probably having a reaction to the dye or something in the chickens' feathers (like dander on a cat) and not allergic to the chicken itself. My 2 cents.

L

I've often thought of that, too, but the doctor told me I was allergic to chicken after I finally had allergy tests when I was about 13 or so. He was speaking in the context of food allergies, so I've never really understood what was going on.

But, yes, I've long suspected it was the feathers or something that caused my hands to break out in ugly red splotches.  :P

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8997 on: December 10, 2008, 11:11:03 am »
Front-Ranger, you two look great !

Atz, that's good story.

There are many kinds of chickens... as I remember some, rare ones,  with tiny heads on a show farm that Cruise had where I used to go create paintings. And some cocks are so colourful too... with different cokour feathers! I saw that Cruise picked different couloured eggs and placed them in a basket so when the Tv station cameraman/woman came, they would take a photo of that for Easter, but no, one cock stood on that edge of the half door and sounded... chanting that he was beautiful!

Ellemeno, did you see yet such cocks around your way?

May everyone of you enjoy seeing chickens and cocks, and like cooking fresh eggs !!

Bonne journée à toutes et tous et, aussi aux poules et coqs (ha! ha!)

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8998 on: December 10, 2008, 12:03:39 pm »
ARRRRGH! >:(

May I vent here a bit?
Today is one of these days ..... when you could blow up the whole world. It was destined to be a shitty day, since it started with an appointment at the dentist. :P
I skip the middle part, and come directly to my latest "delights". I loaded up pictures to a photo service (you load up your digital pics, they make real photos of it). For 43 pics, my PC needed more than three hours. At three hours, 86% were uploaded. When I checked half an hour later, the connection had been interrupted or God knows what had happened. I got an error notice: uploading failed. Please try again.

Then some reckless idiot let his dog do his business in front of our gate. My son stepped into it (and I didn't notice at first) and of course I had the shit in my house. Arrrgh! >:( >:( >:(

In between all the shit comes the second call from a friend, asking when she can have my car. I don't mind lending my car out, but when I say I need it in the afternoon, isn't that enough? Do I have to go through the Spanish Inquisition about the exact times and details? It's my car for Pete's sake! >:(

Ack!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8999 on: December 10, 2008, 01:27:41 pm »
ARRRRGH! >:(

May I vent here a bit?
Today is one of these days ..... when you could blow up the whole world. It was destined to be a shitty day, since it started with an appointment at the dentist. :P
I skip the middle part, and come directly to my latest "delights". I loaded up pictures to a photo service (you load up your digital pics, they make real photos of it). For 43 pics, my PC needed more than three hours. At three hours, 86% were uploaded. When I checked half an hour later, the connection had been interrupted or God knows what had happened. I got an error notice: uploading failed. Please try again.

Then some reckless idiot let his dog do his business in front of our gate. My son stepped into it (and I didn't notice at first) and of course I had the shit in my house. Arrrgh! >:( >:( >:(

In between all the shit comes the second call from a friend, asking when she can have my car. I don't mind lending my car out, but when I say I need it in the afternoon, isn't that enough? Do I have to go through the Spanish Inquisition about the exact times and details? It's my car for Pete's sake! >:(

Ack!

Vent away, Chrissi!  Sounds like you have more than good reason to.  May the bluebird of happiness cease shitting and start perching on your home!  ;D

Speaking of bird shit, I had a close encounter with it recently.  A couple who are good friends of mine asked me to go to the country with them for Thanksgiving and were scheduled to pick me up that morning for the drive up to Connecticut.  I got a call saying they'd had a "disaster" and would be late.  When they arrived, it was clear why! 

The whole car was covered in bird droppings, with only the windshield somewhat clear so the driver could see.  Lee had found what he thought was a lucky parking space on the street two nights earlier and left the car there, only to discover why it was empty when he went to pick it up.  The trees above it must be a famous bird hotel!  It's just a good thing he hadn't left it there longer.  :P

Anyway, the whole way to Connecticut we provided entertainment for passing motorists, one of whom honked and laughed on his way past.  Just looking out the windows was like being at an abstract art show.  There were no car wash joints along the way, so we had to wait til we got to our destination to hose it down.  I'm afraid when I dubbed it the "Scheissmobile" Lee was not amused!  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...