Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4635805 times)

karen1129

Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9130 on: December 26, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
Meryl del Mar wakes before five, wind rocking the trailer, hissing in around the aluminum door and window frames.  The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.  She gets up, shuffles to the gas burner, pours leftover coffee in a chipped enamel pan; the flame swathes it in blue.  She turns on the tap and urinates in the sink (not so easy for a female), pulls on her shirt and jeans, her worn boots, stamping the heels against the floor to get them full on.  She is suffused with a sense of pleasure because JeffWrangler was in her dream.

The stale coffee is boiling up but she catches it before it goes over the side, pours it into a stained cup and blows on the black liquid, lets a panel of the dream slide forward.  If she does not force her attention on it, it might stoke the day, rewarm that old, cold time on the mountain when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong.  The wind strikes the trailer like a load of dirt coming off a dump truck, eases, dies, leaves a temporary silence.

There was some open space between what she knew and what she tried to believe; but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

:'(

Awww Meryl..... that was great !

:-*

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #9131 on: December 26, 2008, 11:47:55 pm »
Bonne nuit heureuse à toutes et tous!

Happy good night to all !

Sweet dreams!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9132 on: December 27, 2008, 01:30:29 am »
I am saddened that such a long time member is leaving.I thought things were improving when the largest number of views and posts on my blog, were ll on the Florida Brokie get together.The event itself further reaffirmed how special I feel Brokies are.

I stopped posting in many areas where I thought things were getting, too heated and way too far away from what presumably was the original purpose of the site, i.e BBM.

I now stick with a few tried and tested areas, and have also been very blessed with much support from so many here. I hope you find something which will fill the gap, that Bettermost will leave. You have my very best wishes.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9133 on: December 27, 2008, 01:37:27 am »
It's always a crying shame when something like this happens. And this is hitting me pretty hard because I've considered Jeff a good friend over these past few years. I will miss him a lot. I'm hoping that perhaps after a week or two, he will come back to us. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I always enjoyed reading Jeff's posts. He has an incredible sense of humor, he is interesting, intelligent and compassionate. I really do hope he comes back.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9134 on: December 27, 2008, 10:56:56 am »
Morning all,

34 degrees and sort of gray outside.

It was three years ago today that I saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9135 on: December 27, 2008, 11:00:23 am »
Happy Anniversary,  Leslie! 

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9136 on: December 27, 2008, 12:01:33 pm »
"Time to go, Cowboy."

Friends, this post will mark the end of my active participation on Bettermost. To me the "town" is no longer the congenial place it used to be, so it's time to pack up the saddle bags and head out...

...it seemed appropriate to me to say good-bye on Chez Tremblay, since it was my Tremblayan buds who what brought me here in the beginning.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Adios, amigos.

J.W.

This is really, really sad. Jeff, your voice has been one of insight and humor from the beginning. Your leaving is a huge loss.
You know I'll be in touch, dear friend.
Fern

p.s. To the moderators, whose good intentions I don't doubt...I hope there will be some further reflecting about where those good intentions over the past several months have led.
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9137 on: December 27, 2008, 12:09:19 pm »
Happy anniversary Leslie! :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #9138 on: December 27, 2008, 12:14:39 pm »
Morning all,

34 degrees and sort of gray outside.

It was three years ago today that I saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time.

L

Happy Anniversary, Leslie!!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9139 on: December 27, 2008, 12:21:56 pm »
Bon samedi matin à toutes et tous!

Bon anniversaire Leslie!

Au revoir,
hugs! Hugs à toi aussi Jeff!