Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4621942 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9230 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:28 pm »

I'm more mechanical than Randall :laugh:.

LOL!  As I was reading your post I was thinking that you could have used chewing gum and bailing wire. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm very happy to hear your warm water is back.  It must be quite a relief.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9231 on: January 14, 2009, 08:47:02 am »
I sure was pleased to read you have hot water again. I am moaning my head off because it is 42 degs this am and supposed to go down into the 30's here at the weekend. Not what I came to florida for !!!

Do not really have any cold weather clothes either. Still I will just have to work so hard at the store that I keep warm. !!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9232 on: January 14, 2009, 10:29:23 am »
Thanks everyone. There was high traffic yesterday evening in our bathroom :laugh:.
The hot water still runs (*knocks on wood*). It has gotten warmer. Still negative temps during the nights, but through the days, it is around the freezing point.

This morning, it rained and the rain of course froze immediately on the frozen ground. Now is snows heavily and over the ice we have a snow layer. Dangerous combination for drivers.  :-\

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9233 on: January 14, 2009, 10:42:49 am »
Thanks everyone. There was high traffic yesterday evening in our bathroom :laugh:.
The hot water still runs (*knocks on wood*). It has gotten warmer. Still negative temps during the nights, but through the days, it is around the freezing point.

This morning, it rained and the rain of course froze immediately on the frozen ground. Now is snows heavily and over the ice we have a snow layer. Dangerous combination for drivers.  :-\

Yikes!  Sounds bone chilling!  I'm glad to hear the water is still working. :)

We're having a major cold snap here in Pittsburgh today... and they say through Saturday.  It's very unusual to have temperatures here in the single digits for any kind of extended period of time.  And, over the next few days it sounds like we'll have temps in the teens and single digits.  And, wind chills well below zero!  This sounds like Chicago-style weather to me.

People in Pittsburgh are all freaking out.  In general, the region here isn't used to super severe winters.  They routinely get snow and cold weather in the winter, but it's usually not too extreme.  Snow often melts quickly, etc.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9234 on: January 14, 2009, 10:46:11 am »
Cold here in NJ as well!  About 22 degrees or so!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9235 on: January 15, 2009, 03:41:01 pm »
Ta-da! Time for another Hooray!

The cold spell is over, the second pipe has also thawed. My super-mechanical construction is not needed anymore, everything is back to normal.

Who would have thought I'd be happy for temperatures around the freezing point .....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9236 on: January 15, 2009, 03:47:45 pm »
Ta-da! Time for another Hooray!

The cold spell is over, the second pipe has also thawed. My super-mechanical construction is not needed anymore, everything is back to normal.

Who would have thought I'd be happy for temperatures around the freezing point .....

Grab a beach towel, run outside and do some sunbathing, Chrissi! Hurry before the temperature goes back down again! ;)

I'd give my left ass cheek to see it around the freezing point. When it finally gets here it will feel like Florida. :laugh:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9237 on: January 15, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »
*Does happy dance for Chrissi*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9238 on: January 15, 2009, 09:46:40 pm »
Grab a beach towel, run outside and do some sunbathing, Chrissi! Hurry before the temperature goes back down again! ;)

I'd give my left ass cheek to see it around the freezing point. When it finally gets here it will feel like Florida. :laugh:

There's some wimps in Florida who now go to bed with hot water bottles. It has dropped below 40 a couple of nights now.I have 4 layers on for the shop !!!!

To think I used to thing over 40 was a lovely Summer day, back in old blighty !!! :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9239 on: January 15, 2009, 10:02:15 pm »
We've got 15*F right now, Optom3. It's pretty cold. But no precipitation. I still am not wearing a coat--but I keep one in the trunk of the car.  :P

It's 40 there? Put your cocoa mix and marshmallows on an endcap!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~