Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1715885 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2380 on: September 05, 2006, 01:02:35 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

**Hey, what about the announcer...? Oh, right, she's still frozen.**

((Jack sighs.))
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #2381 on: September 05, 2006, 01:19:32 pm »

((BIKER #2 reunites with BIKER #1 and shares a welcome cold one))

** I worry about that guy MONROE.  I hope he don't hide his light under a bushel, so to speak.  We'll have t'keep an eye on him so he don't go completely into the closet again.  I'm gonna put a big article in the newsletter about the Gastronomic Getaway Cruise along the Riviera next spring.  He needs t'see that a lot o' the world is more enlightened about eats than they are out here in the sticks, n'est ce pas?.  Us 'nomes gotta watch out fer each other's all I'm sayin'.**
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #2382 on: September 05, 2006, 01:31:59 pm »
BULL:

**Last I saw of that... announcer?... she was red-lining it for Wyoming. Something about a man she wanted to see. What is it about those Wyoming boys, anyway? You got any idea, Jack?

And then, when I was sitting around in my pyjamas, sipping cow-ppucino and listening to NPR, I heard that she was selling her stuff on Ebay: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5767783.**
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 01:54:26 pm by nakymaton »
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2383 on: September 05, 2006, 01:37:16 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

((Realization dawns on him.))

**Ohhhhh.... So we just did all that without an announcer eggin' me on. I think you let me win, that ain't fair. I was hopin' to hear the equivalent of "Sure looks like a winnin' ride to me."**

((Jack hops off the Bull.))

**Well, guess I better head over to that Dance Hall now, get this over with...** ((Jack looks up for a minute.)) **Hey, you comin'? Wouldn't mind some more Tango lessons.**

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #2384 on: September 05, 2006, 02:06:56 pm »
BULL:

**Sorry, Jack... my therapist tells me that I should probably avoid bars from now on. You know, bad to relive traumatic experiences, and so on. (Plus my actor isn't going to be around this afternoon and doesn't want to hold up the thread.) Anyway, you've gotten good enough at those lessons to dance by yourself, cowboy.**

:-*

**Oh, and a hint? Watch out for ladies in red. You know how bulls react when they see red? Yeah. Just... watch out, cowboy.**
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #2385 on: September 05, 2006, 02:14:04 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

**Well now, I don't mind seein' red, just don't necessarily want a lady to be wearin' it. But I'll take yer warnin' inta consideration.**

((Jack approaches the Dance Hall, feeling a little giddy about winning a rodeo tournament, even if the bull did let him win. He saunters over to the bar and orders a drink.))

%% Here is where a kind-hearted person jumps in as the Bartender in this scene. %%

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2386 on: September 05, 2006, 02:22:07 pm »
BARTENDER:

**Hey bud, what'll it be?  Ain't you the one who just won that ride out there?  You must have a passel a prize money comin to ya, so's you can order a fancy drink or sumpin.**

((Bartender obviously schmoozing for a hefty tip from the winning rider.))
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #2387 on: September 06, 2006, 01:00:57 am »
YOUNG JACK:

((Jack's young, but he ain't innocent. He knows what the bartender's about.))

** Yeah, I'll just have a beer. Nothin' special for me tonight. I gotta save that money for something I really want.**

((Jack notices the girl in red out of the corner of his eye. She keeps looking at him and making weird faces.))

Hey, what's the matter with that girl? ((Jack nods his head toward the girl in red.))

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2388 on: September 06, 2006, 03:48:03 am »

Who me?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #2389 on: September 06, 2006, 01:11:24 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

**Yeah, you. But I was asking the Bartender here so he can deliver an alternative of a classic line from some movie that we all watched.**