Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1715252 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2390 on: September 06, 2006, 01:31:21 pm »
BARTENDER:

**"Oh, that one.  Why that there's Lureen Newsome.  Cute little thing ain't she?  Daddy runs a tractor business, you know, big... BIG equipment... big EXPENSIVE equipment... "

((The bartender sucks on a bad tooth for a moment, puts a bottle of Corona on the bar, then adds for emphasis: "And it's VERSATILE.

That'll be eighty five cents.  Plus tip."
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2391 on: September 06, 2006, 04:48:38 pm »
= While JACK and LUREEN are by no means quick about gettin' it on in Childress, the PT takes a brief little detour back to Riverton =

MONROE:

((Has finished an intricate Peanut sales display. Is walking towards the store office with the filled-in bean inventory lists when he senses BAA close by and turns just in time to observe the following:))

((Super Market customers are somewhat concerned when they then observe MONROE dancing on tip-toe through the aisles, whistling "I feel happy", grinning like a fool, and twirling about in crazy pirouettes that threaten to send every last box, pack and can flying off the shelves))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 04:52:33 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2392 on: September 06, 2006, 04:52:03 pm »
((Flicks hair and walks toward handsome thief leaving a full bourbon and coke on the table))

Watcha starin' at Cowboy? Do I have peanut on my chin?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #2393 on: September 06, 2006, 07:59:40 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

((Jack looks over at Lureen.))

No ma'am, but you do have a bit of tobacco juice... right.... there.

((Jack grabs a napkin from the counter and wipes her chin.))

Wasn't the most attractive thing in the world, ya know. Just thought you'd want it taken care of.

((A lively little country music number starts up with a great SINGER. %%No, not a sewing machine.%%. Deprived of the fine rhythm of the bull's blues, Jack wonders if he can find another dancing partner.))

Say, ya don't dance, do ya? Cause I'm willin' to get out there if you want.

%% Just keep your hands where I can see 'em. %%
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2394 on: September 07, 2006, 02:45:15 am »

Dance?!  What, ya mean dance?!  Like two people who aren't married to one anutha?!  No one has ever wanted to dance with me afore! 

%%I guess it'd be a good way to keep mah eye on those light fingers of his and expose that stash he has hidden in his neather regions%% 

Sure!  But I'm leading and we're doing the Stomp!   

%% Just keep your hands where I can see 'em. %%

Hhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Tttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  ((spits out chawed tobacco into Jack's top pocket for retrieval after the dance))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 02:47:54 am by Ray »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #2395 on: September 07, 2006, 02:57:21 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

((Trying to hide his disgust, grabs another napkin and retrieves the chewed tobacco from his pocket.))

Miss Newsome, this here's an unclean habit. A pretty gal like you shouldn't be rottin' out her gums with this devil's chaw.

((Stands and tries to lead Lureen to the dance floor, but finds him tripping over his own feet as she grabs his arm and yanks him out there.))

%% Guess I won't be leadin' nothin'. %%

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2396 on: September 07, 2006, 03:07:19 pm »
BARTENDER

((Titters uncontrollably and has a coughing fit, till one of the other patrons pounds him on the back to get him to cough up the gum he swallowed.))

Yep, that Miz Newsome, she's a prize, she is!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2397 on: September 07, 2006, 05:06:28 pm »
%%Righto then, nows me chance to find out what this guy's hiding down them daks%% 

((rub rub rub))

%%mebee ifin I stand on his feet I can get a better feel!%%

((rub rub rub))

%%Hhhhhhmmmmmmm, is it one o' them clocks with a steeple?  It feels like one o' them clocks with a steeple!%%

So..., D'ya like ten pin bowling?  I like abseiling. And please call me Lurrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

((rub rub rub))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #2398 on: September 07, 2006, 05:38:09 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

((Tries in vain to remove Lureen's hands from his.... er... nether regions.))

Lureen, thats not how you dance... %% At least not for another 20 years or so. %% You gotta keep your hands up here.

((Jack drags Lureen's hands to his shoulders and clamps his hands over her wrists, looking at her with a pointed, daring look.))

I suggest ya keep em there.... Pardon me for a moment.

((Jack reaches into his pants and pulls out the clock with the steeple.))

%% I was wonderin' where that had gotten to. It's gettin' bad, I'm losin' sensitivity... And where the heck is our singer?%%

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 05:49:51 pm by Daniel »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2399 on: September 08, 2006, 03:04:44 am »
I wasn't using mah hands!

%%Man, what a droid!  This guy'll be a sinch to lumber with mah ba......%%

WHOA!  Nice clock! You can tell that hands have run around that a few times! 

%%Now this stupid spinning thing he wants me ta do wot he calls dancin', well he can bloody well forget it.  Don't think I's gonna turn mah back on him fer one minute.  I don't want no clocking on the back o' the head....or do I ?!%%

Gawd I love this song!  I saw Cher sing et at her last concert! It's sorta real nice and stuff.  No one's gunna love ya like me, no one else can't, you 'C'!  hawheehehehahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaasnort!  I jist called ya a "C"! hawhawhawsnort!

%%Phew his breath stinks!  %%

Hey, by tha way, I watched ya ride today.................d'ya need a job?  Wanna work fer me Daydy?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:02:35 am by Ray »