Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3113648 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1080 on: July 12, 2006, 08:06:29 am »
Okay all of you UptoDate!SecondChance readers,

point for discussion.  Last night a reader mentioned how adventurous the sex had gotten with new NC17!Toys etc, and my question is... did Ellery bring Ennis too far along the path of kinky sex?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1081 on: July 12, 2006, 08:10:21 am »
It had to be done!  You were on Chapter 65 or something over the weekend and when i got back to the UK it was 80!  I needed to just hunker down and read.

I dread to think how many chapters I'll have to catch up on when I get back from the States :)

Hey - and looky look!  Thank god I'm not a tourist any more :)

Before you know it, Helen, you'll be in the 1000+ posts club and for that, they give you a statue, secret handshake and password. Although they are getting stingy with the statues and I had to share mine. And I am still waiting on the Ennis and Ellery version! David...are you working on that?

Oh...you want to see my statue? Here 'tis....

As for your US trip, buy a laptop. There is wifi everywhere. I couldn't live without my computer under my arm....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1082 on: July 12, 2006, 08:12:12 am »
You know who we don't have in the Galley? Lauren! He's key, how did we miss him? I picture Lauren as cute and sweet...who would be a suitable candidate?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1083 on: July 12, 2006, 08:15:36 am »
good lord!  we forgot Lauren!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1084 on: July 12, 2006, 08:19:44 am »
good lord!  we forgot Lauren!

I actually mentioned him a couple of times, but he kept getting lost in the shuffle. David is the one with all the pictures of hunky guys...he must be going through his files right now. David, are you listening?

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1085 on: July 12, 2006, 08:27:26 am »
we dont want to get too dreamy over Lauren. When I get home I need to look up the description.  He is as I recall, rather scrawny.

Helen

« Reply #1086 on: July 12, 2006, 08:30:17 am »
Okay all of you UptoDate!SecondChance readers,

point for discussion.  Last night a reader mentioned how adventurous the sex had gotten with new NC17!Toys etc, and my question is... did Ellery bring Ennis too far along the path of kinky sex?

Well it's certainly getting um interesting.  But hey, you're pushing the boundaries, and that's not a bad thing.  And who decides what is too much and what is not, anyway?

Helen

« Reply #1087 on: July 12, 2006, 08:31:26 am »
Before you know it, Helen, you'll be in the 1000+ posts club and for that, they give you a statue, secret handshake and password. Although they are getting stingy with the statues and I had to share mine. And I am still waiting on the Ennis and Ellery version! David...are you working on that?

Hee I don't think so.  I don't have a lot of time for the internet anymore....but hey, nice staue!!

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1088 on: July 12, 2006, 08:33:48 am »
Did Ellery bring Ennis too far along the path of kinky sex?

I'm one whose eyes bugged out just a bit at the new toys; but then, I've had one partner for 35 years, and I'm probably less adventurous (and experienced?) than many of your readers. Although there was a time early on when we tried quite a few tricks, I have to admit I'm getting a real education here. In the context of a loving and fulfilling relationship, just about anything goes. You have been introducing Ennis to a lot of new ideas that he has readily accepted; however, I think it would be implausible for him to feel comfortable if more new things just kept coming at him. Give him (or maybe just me!) time to adjust to one thing before introducing another -- at least a couple of chapters!

Edit: I am also brand-spanking-new to slash fiction, having discovered it after watching BBM. So I'm just a rookie here.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:41:35 am by neatfreak »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1089 on: July 12, 2006, 08:34:41 am »
we dont want to get too dreamy over Lauren. When I get home I need to look up the description.  He is as I recall, rather scrawny.

Aren't you the woman who made "skinny the new sexy" Louise? Lauren doesn't have to be a dreamboat, but he is cute....I picture 5'8", brown hair, brown eyes, thin (do we have to go all the way to scrawny?).