Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3104229 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #9100 on: February 03, 2007, 02:09:39 pm »
thanks for the quotes Marie! love your comments!  :)  :P
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9101 on: February 04, 2007, 10:37:08 am »
Good morning all....

Today, chapters 21-25:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/80813.html

A fun exchange from chapter 21:

“Fine,” Ellery said, digging in his wallet. To the amazement of Jones and Taylor, he took two crisp $100 bills out of his wallet and handed them to Rudy. “Keep the change,” he snarled, and stalked back to his own office.

Rudy tucked the money in his own wallet, then sat down to wait out his discharge from custody while Jones plucked away at a Remington typewriter with two fingers. He then went in search of Ellery for his signature.

Ellery was greeted with a roast beef sandwich on a roll, chips, and Coca Cola when he returned from Processing, and was sitting at his desk when Jones knocked on the door.

“Yeah what is it? Can’t a man eat?”

“Just need yer signature, Chief. You really lettin em go?”

“Yep.”

“How much money you keep in yer wallet?”

“Jones, what’s the inquisition about?” Ellery frowned at him.

Jones smiled timidly, raking back his thinning hair. “Taylor an I laid a bet on how much you keep in yer wallet.”

“Oh, how much did you say?” Ellery scribbled his signature on Rudy’s release and then took another bite of his sandwich, chewing noisily.

“Thanks, Chief,” he said, nodding, picking up the release. “I said a thousand dollars.”

“An what did Taylor say?”

“He said five hundred”

“Tell Taylor he owes ya lunch.”

“Damn.” Jones went out of the office wearing a silly grin.

“I swear,” Ellery said, sipping on his Coca Cola and picking up the phone.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9102 on: February 04, 2007, 10:51:36 am »
Chapter 22, a new product appears on the scene!

“Now before ya reach for the Vaseline I got a little surprise ya might like, boy.” Ellery said, stepping closer slowly, as if fearing Ennis would seize him before he got where he was going. He saw Ennis’s hand twitch as he bent over to open the nightstand drawer and pulled out a long unopened tube.

“Ointment?” Ennis asked, hand still holding his cock but not yet stroking it, his breath hitching slightly at the proximity of Ellery’s naked, aroused body so close to him.

“No. Lube. Try this on ya, boy,” Ellery said, unscrewing the cap and squirting some of the clear gel onto his fingers. He reached for Ennis’s cock, spreading it over the tip and down the shaft.

“Christ, that is slick...” Ennis said softly.

“K Y personal lubricant, Ennis, the latest thing fer queer pleasure.”

“Damn... “ he moaned softly, his hips thrusting toward Ellery’s hand. “Better stop that or I’m gonna come,” he said, reaching for Ellery’s wrist.

Ellery let go of his glistening cock, panting lightly. “Ya know what I want.”

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9103 on: February 04, 2007, 10:54:42 am »
Chapter 22, continued:

“Yeah.” Ellery puffed on the cigar, agitated. “An now that we mention that, I go up to Ivinson to interview our victim number four, Wayne, an he tells me you were talkin about tyin me up an spankin me at the bar. Now how in the hell did Wayne get wind a that so he could throw it in my face, I wonder?”

It was Ennis’s turn to avert his eyes, then. “I’m sorry Ellery.”

“Well?” Ellery’s face paled. “Ya mean he wasn’t makin it up?”

“I... I felt kinda strange after... you know, after that spankin thing, an I just asked Lauren whether a lot a queers do that, maybe he did that with his man.”

“Oh Ennis,” Ellery put a hand over his face. “You knew he was gonna turn around an spill it all ta Wayne didn’t ya?”

“No, I thought he would say sure, his boyfriend spanks em every night. Hell Ellery I don’t know! I ain’t got that queer handbook, who am I gonna ask?”

“Me maybe...” Ellery said softly. “Never mind, it ain’t important. I just wish Wayne weren’t so fuckin curious about everythin I do in bed.”

“Maybe he got his eye on ya too.”

“Yeah but we covered that, remember? Desert island, coconut...”

“Yeah well yer the one with the looks an everybody swoonin after ya.”

“That is a new story, couple a weeks back you thought everyone had their eyes on yer ass, now they all got their eyes on mine.”

“I told you I am a jealous man, Ellery. It don’t get better.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9104 on: February 04, 2007, 10:58:19 am »
Chapter 23:

Ellery shrugged. “He’s knockin. Any other day I’d answer it, sure.” He walked out of the bedroom into the kitchen, pausing as he glanced at the glass door, and his mouth dropped open. “Goddamn son of a bitch stalkin kid,” he fumed, and went to the door, unlatching it and pulling it open.

“Goddammit it, Sevigny, what the hell are you doin here?”

“I saw a cruiser on the other side, figured I’d come up the back. Hi there Chief... don’t you look sexy in shorts!”

“I asked you a fuckin question boy!” Ellery said, his voice tight with anger. Ennis was two paces behind him.

The smile faded on Sevigny’s face. “I came ta say hi. Don’t know too many high up rankin Sheriff’s department personnel who are queer ya know. Can I come in?”

“No. You stand right there, boy.”

“Oh. This is yer man,” Sevigny said, seemingly oblivious to Ellery’s anger, smiling sunnily at Ennis’s flushed face, and offered his hand. “I’m Brad.”

Ennis, too stunned to do otherwise, automatically accepted his hand and shook it. “Ennis.”

Ellery turned and picked up the phone, dialing 911. “Hey dispatch, this is Chief Cantrell, you got a call on an intruder at my residence, is there a car on the way?”

“Yes Chief,” said the cheerful female voice.

“Have the cruiser proceed, no precautions, intruder has surrendered and is in custody.”

“Understood Chief.”

“Advise the officer on duty he will be taking him into custody.”

Sevigny’s head turned. “Huh?”

“Understood, dispatch out,” and the dispatcher hung up. Ellery put down the phone, giving Sevigny an unpleasant smile.

“Congratulations, you are under arrest fer trespassin.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9105 on: February 04, 2007, 11:01:45 am »
Chapter 24:

“Bye, Chief… bye… Ennis,” he said, and Ennis looked up, startled. “You ain’t bad lookin neither,” he said, and then Joe closed the door.

“See?” Ennis said.

“What?” Ellery set down his beer.

“He said, ‘you ain’t bad lookin neither.’ That means compared ta you.”

“It’s the hair, Ennis.”

“So if I grow my hair long like that all those young boys will start droolin after me like he’s droolin? That boy came by so he could make some time with you, an you know it.”

“Maybe.” Ellery walked out of the kitchen and moved the curtain slightly, watching Joe drive off with Sevigny in the back seat of his cruiser.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9106 on: February 04, 2007, 11:02:33 am »
Chapter 24:

“You weren’t gonna have em arrested were ya?”

“I wanted to, that is probably why Wes sent Joe. He knows Joe would talk me out of it if I did anythin rash.”

“You do need a vacation then. We should go up higher, take the weekend, go ta Medicine Bow, Fort Laramie, something.”

“With you like that? Ennis, come on.”

“Or go wadin in the river, that won’t be too much trouble.”

“Wadin in the river sounds nice. Makin love in the tent, with me tied up in that lariat….” Ellery reached for his cigars.

“You are one horny sumbitch, Ellery.”

“Only when I’m in love, Ennis.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9107 on: February 04, 2007, 11:03:54 am »
Chapter 25, Ellery and his diet...LOL

Ellery turned, leaning against the counter, and gave Joe a look. “Did that guy seem too nervous ta you?”

Joe shrugged. “It might be your witherin look, Ellery. You do still have an attitude on ya.”

“Somebody forged my fuckin signature ta check out that rifle, Joe. I wasn’t even in the county that day.”

“Good thing, wouldn’t want someone forgin yer signature with you standin by watchin em.”

“Oh, fuck off will ya?”

“You need a change a diet. Getting enough vegetables? Maybe some bulk.”

“I get plenty a bulk, I take it in liquid form.”

Joe shook his head. “I do not need ta interpret that remark.”

“No, you don’t.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9108 on: February 04, 2007, 12:42:26 pm »
Chapter 25, Ellery and his diet...LOL

“I get plenty a bulk, I take it in liquid form.”

Joe shook his head. “I do not need ta interpret that remark.”

“No, you don’t.”

Yeah, Ellery and his diet - bulk in liquid form and homemade baked goods sliding down his throat - that boy sure is a caution!   :laugh:

Thanks for the quotes!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline opinionista

« Reply #9109 on: February 04, 2007, 01:57:14 pm »
Im kinda missing Joe -round's a shape- Tooey and his muffins!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.