Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166056 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5610 on: October 16, 2006, 06:52:26 am »
oh Jo you make me so jealous of you Aussies, having access to Hughdity that us Americans only dream about!!!

Last night I stayed up late watching the full version of the interview with Hugh with James Lipton "Inside the Actors Studio" in 2004 that covered much of his life and details of his acting methods and training.  I didn't know that he won three awards for his Broadway performance of "The Boy from Oz" - considered the "Triple Crown" of stage acting.

I remember watching Hugh on Parkinson (a UK chat show) a couple of years ago, I think he had just done "Oklahoma" in the West End, and he was such a nice person.  I didnt really know a lot about him, but he was so pleasant and funny and so interesting, it was a great interview.  He even sang a little at the end, and boy he has one good singing voice!!!

Slightly o/t but I would love to see Heath Ledger "In the Actors Studio", I think that would be fascinating.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5611 on: October 16, 2006, 06:55:08 am »
Read Louise's original stories is an option. I've just begun the Princes of East, and looks exciting.

absolutely!

it should keep you busy...! for a while at least!  until I write an add-on story.

*applauds* great! maybe we can find out a bit more about their time in the Honeymoon Cottage. (and, no, i really don't mean, more getting fancy!  ;D)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5612 on: October 16, 2006, 07:00:08 am »
A little bit late but the feeling is heartfelt:

Happy Birthday to Scudder!

Scudder, a devoted reader, regular lurker and occasional poster, turned 81 years young on Saturday. Best wishes and I hope you had a wonderful day!

Hugs and more,

Leslie
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5613 on: October 16, 2006, 07:10:53 am »
yes, Natali is leading the way, foraging into my original stories.  A lot more plot, a lot less getting fancy, but nonetheless no story of mine is completely devoid of sex!  Depending upon which one you choose, of course.  "Princes of the East" is a retelling of the saga of the life and loves of Saheris El Maduc, a fictionalized version of Attila the Hun, who managed to marry 54 women in his lengthy life, and conquer most of Eastern Europe in the process.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #5614 on: October 16, 2006, 07:37:19 am »
I have started re-reading the LS for some time now, but I'm doing it at a leisured pace - a few pages each night only.  I'm now up to the latter part of Book 3, so I still have a few books to read.

I am also waiting for the arrival of Erotic Etudes and just today have thought about reading the other stories on Louise's website.  Since LS will end after The Red Stallion, I will have to find something else from you to read.  But I'm not familiar with those stories at all, I'm a bit worried I may have a hard time understanding them.  But I'll try. 

Louise, it's not just because of sex that LS has captured my heart so deeply, it's the ways you describe the relationship between E&E, their struggles, Ennis's relationship with his daughters and Alma etc that stand out so much to me.

yb

« Reply #5615 on: October 16, 2006, 07:39:11 am »

Scudder, a devoted reader, regular lurker and occasional poster, turned 81 years young on Saturday. Best wishes and I hope you had a wonderful day!

Hugs and more,

Leslie
xo

Scudder, we have not talked before but still

Happy Birthday!

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5616 on: October 16, 2006, 08:32:52 am »

Hugs and more,

Leslie
xo
Thanks, one and all for your Birthday wishes.  Yes, I had a happy day, quiet but satisfying.  I especially thank Leslie for getting me involved, first with A Love Born from Steel, then with the Larramie Saga, and then with many of the fine AU stories out there.  I have learned a lot (even at 81 I have a lot to learn), and while I don't post much, I sure do enjoy reading your comments.  You are a great group!  and Louise is a learned psychologist and a great story-teller. Be good, everyone!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:35:54 am by MaineWriter »

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5617 on: October 16, 2006, 08:41:07 am »
Thanks, one and all for your Birthday wishes.  Yes, I had a happy day, quiet but satisfying.  I especially thank Leslie for getting me involved, first with A Love Born from Steel, then with the Larramie Saga, and then with many of the fine AU stories out there.  I have learned a lot (even at 81 I have a lot to learn), and while I don't post much, I sure do enjoy reading your comments.  You are a great group!  and Louise is a learned psychologist and a great story-teller. Be good, everyone!

Thank you so much Scudder  :) I'm happy to hear you had a lovely day  :)

Best wishes and take care  :)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5618 on: October 16, 2006, 11:31:49 am »
Is it my imagination or is it rather quiet round here today?

I'm on a course for the next three days so will only be able to check updates in the evenings. How on earth am I going to cope? I should have weaned myself off gently and not attempted to go cold turkey!

Karen

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5619 on: October 16, 2006, 11:41:02 am »
You are more than welcome Louise, you are making us so happy with the constant posting of chapters, we are very very lucky.  This story has grabbed hold of me more than I ever thought it would, and I find myself thinking about Ennis and Ellery a lot.  This is a testament to your wonderful writing, your wonderful characters and the love you have created for Ennis and Ellery.

Louise, it's not just because of sex that LS has captured my heart so deeply, it's the ways you describe the relationship between E&E, their struggles, Ennis's relationship with his daughters and Alma etc that stand out so much to me.

Yes ,  exactly how I feel about the story, I’m just sad that I joined you enthusiastic people here when the saga coming to the end, which is kind of unbelievable at the moment as it absolutely devoured me and made me feel I’m reading never-ending story, and I’m sorry I’m mostly not able catch up chatting with you but I’m enjoying every each of your comment and witty notes and pictures  :-*that make story more alive and Ennis’s and Ellery’s life like more physical  :'( :)