Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166713 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6850 on: November 15, 2006, 08:20:49 pm »
I'd also like to see Ennis and Ellery take another holiday together  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6851 on: November 15, 2006, 08:23:43 pm »
I think those legs go... all the way... to the TOP.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #6852 on: November 15, 2006, 08:29:25 pm »
Plots already selected for a story:  "Dupree's Choice" - about Dupree discovering his sexual preferences and his love life opening up

Am I wrong, or wasn't there a suggestion a while ago that there be a poll taken on what we wanted to happen in the 'Dupree's choice' story-line? I think that would be a great way to generate further reader interest in the LS. Perhaps it could be a closed poll in which the result only gets to be 'announced' when Louisev publishes the story incorporating the most favoured option.
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6853 on: November 15, 2006, 08:41:02 pm »
yes, the Poll is still open.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=5928.msg111994#new

"Get it On With Jeeves" is still the leading option followed by "Find Someone New at the Red Stallion and Experiment".
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 08:42:54 pm by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6854 on: November 15, 2006, 09:29:32 pm »
Short stories....

If you are moving in with me over the Christmas holidays, I think we need a Christmas story...and something that shows some divergence of personality. Like maybe Ennis is a real Christmas traditionalist, wants a tree, which Ellery has never done. And maybe Junior and Francie show up for cookie baking and the like....could be fun....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6855 on: November 15, 2006, 09:39:15 pm »
Short stories....

If you are moving in with me over the Christmas holidays, I think we need a Christmas story...and something that shows some divergence of personality. Like maybe Ennis is a real Christmas traditionalist, wants a tree, which Ellery has never done. And maybe Junior and Francie show up for cookie baking and the like....could be fun....

L

I can just picture Ellery under the Christmas tree with a nice big red bow tied around Little Jack. LOL (One for you Lucise!)
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #6856 on: November 15, 2006, 11:10:44 pm »
I'm still waiting for that Legal Entanglements and Couplehood conversation.  Ennis needs to be made a legal partner, with POA, and being in ellery's will, and vice versa, and they need to talk about that stuff, I think.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6857 on: November 16, 2006, 12:48:38 am »
I can just picture Ellery under the Christmas tree with a nice big red bow tied around Little Jack. LOL (One for you Lucise!)

Umm..I don't think I'll be allowed to post such a pic here at Bettermost, Jo!   ;D
Thanks for the mental image though!  8)

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6858 on: November 16, 2006, 03:47:07 am »
re:  short stories - my wish list

Anything with Dupree is good,
Anything with Jeeves is good,
Anything with Dupree and Jeeves is REALLY good... ;)
Ennis and Ellery's first anniversary
Ennis and Ellery taking a vacation, without Junior and Francine calling every 3 minutes or dropping by,

And also  - Ennis and Ellery five years down the line, still going strong, bickering, making us laugh and having great smex!

Also, Lucise, loved the Dupree  picture-booklet, especially the red -bandana modelling puppy. Not so scary, is it, when worn by a really cute dog  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6859 on: November 16, 2006, 04:03:00 am »

Ooooh nice Jo! Very nice......

;D