Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131930 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2650 on: August 06, 2006, 04:53:51 pm »

I'll just jump in and say that I don't think Jess and Ben aren't brothers - Joe seems real proud of Ben, and if Jess was his son, he'd mention him too.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!  :D

Good point Alexis, and welcome. I'm also looking forward to chatting with you!

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2651 on: August 06, 2006, 05:50:52 pm »
I figured since we haven't been online all that much we should give a bit of a London update.

Leslie and I did the kind of thing that might be expected of devoted BBM fan fiction writers:  we spent hours talking about fan fiction stories, future plots, wrote updates (I wrote some to the latest E & E story and Leslie wrote a chapter for "Through the Veil of Time" and read livejournal comments on our stories, which thrilled us both.  We also spent a little time workshopping on writing and sharing some editorial opinions of each others' and other authors' stories.

We popped into chat a couple of times, but frankly, with one computer between us it has been too much of a challenge to try to stay connected through the weekend.  So I hope you haven't missed us too much!!!

We are packing up and getting ready for an early departure tomorrow, Leslie will be home quite a bit later than I will, since my flight is a mere 1 hour once I get to the airport.

We had a very nice time, solidifed our friendship and our mutual interests in both E & E and BBM fan fiction, and expect to plan to get together again when our paths cross once more.

Stay tuned for us both to get back online at our regular stations in the next day or so.

Unfortunately, Lucise, even though I have my digital camera with me, both of us are immensely shy and didn't take any photos for photoshopping opportunities.  You may have to resort to substituting underwear models for us !
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2652 on: August 06, 2006, 06:19:37 pm »
Unfortunately, Lucise, even though I have my digital camera with me, both of us are immensely shy and didn't take any photos for photoshopping opportunities.  You may have to resort to substituting underwear models for us !

:'(

S'alright ..s'alright, underwear models will do for now .. *sniffff*
 ;)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2653 on: August 06, 2006, 06:50:51 pm »
Thanks for the update Louise!  Sounds like you guys had a really good time.
 ;D
Safe travels home,
Kelly
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline David

« Reply #2654 on: August 06, 2006, 07:21:37 pm »
Sounds like all y'all had a real good time.   

Have a safe journey home!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2655 on: August 06, 2006, 10:51:22 pm »
Something not yet in the E & E home!  ;)

And Ennis needn't freak out that people will get ideas when they see it, because cousins take pictures together all the time! 
Who cares that the picture is in a red, heart-shaped frame? 
;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 10:52:55 pm by Lucise »

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #2656 on: August 07, 2006, 03:58:20 am »
Welcome, Alexis!  I'm new here, too, but I'm having a lot of fun so far.   You're right, this is a nice group.  It's great that we have a place to get together with people who share our interest in Louise's story.  I've enjoyed your comments on LJ.  I am fancycoyote over there.

Laurel
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2657 on: August 07, 2006, 05:02:49 am »
Hi folks... here is Louise, logging in from Stansted airport north of London.

I am waiting to check in for my flight, and I expect to be home in about 6 hours from now, about 4 p.m. Central European time. 

Yes it was a sort of whacky little Slash weekend in the chic part of London.  The food was wonderful, the pace was restful, and we didn't think of too much other than our stories and of course, all of you.

I wanted to make sure Fabienne (belbbmfan) received a special thank you, since Leslie was kind enough to share the chocolates you sent, and we enjoyed them immensely.

I would like to tell you we saw a lot of London but we only saw the inside of a couple of moderately chic restaurants between working on chapters and messages!

I expect to write an update somewhere between here and home and will put it up when I arrive home or shortly thereafter.

See you all 'for real' soon.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2658 on: August 07, 2006, 12:14:28 pm »
*she's baaack*. I just arrived home on a delayed flight from London complicated by heavy construction in the Hunsrück leading home from the airport.  I think I set a land speed record for standing and changing departure gates as well, and my feet are just wailing.  In addition, I think I may have gotten a cold, being unused to air conditioning - sniffles, stuffed up nose and ears, and a sore throat.

So I am settling in, having some cold watermelon chunks, and trying to figure out where I left off with chapter 53! 

We won't see Leslie for quite a bit longer because she is going back over the entire Atlantic.

*hi everybody!!!!!*

Offline ballymay

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #2659 on: August 07, 2006, 12:32:34 pm »
Hi Louise ;D

Good to hear you and Leslie had a good time in London.

Hope those sniffles disappear soon.