Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165403 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #3190 on: August 24, 2006, 03:36:05 pm »
Ennis better not dress like this when he shows the Ruskins the horse...

(now I know that is not what Calico looks like, but I just wanted a chance to re-post beefy!Ennis in briefs and a cowboy hat)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3191 on: August 24, 2006, 03:46:13 pm »
peanut and lettuce?  who taught you that?  (my grandmother always made peanut butter and banana sandwiches for us.)  i think ennis should leave the lettuce part out when he talks to ellery about peanut butter.

I love peanut butter and bananas sliced on toast!! One of the best.
Lettuce--no, but my hubby will use it on BLT+PB.
I only want PB and tomatoes with my bacon on toast, and if we don't have bacon it is still just as good.   ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3192 on: August 24, 2006, 03:54:16 pm »
peanut and lettuce?  who taught you that?  (my grandmother always made peanut butter and banana sandwiches for us.)  i think ennis should leave the lettuce part out when he talks to ellery about peanut butter.

My grandmother. She'd make us both peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches. We also shared a love for black raspberry ice cream.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #3193 on: August 24, 2006, 04:11:34 pm »
I don't mean to dampen your peanut butter fun, but I hate peanut butter! Totally hate it, and peanuts too. My brother and my sister, however, totally love it, and couldn't see them having those sandwiches when we were kids, really. My brother used to eat it with a spoon too (and still does), right from the jar.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3194 on: August 24, 2006, 04:16:28 pm »
I love peanut butter in all forms..well maybe without lettuce ..lol..

Did any one try making this yet? (it is in the Gallery)

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cup "Ellery" Pie

Speaking of which..has anyone tried out any of the recipes we have in the Recipe Gallery? Anyone?  :)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3195 on: August 24, 2006, 04:23:39 pm »
I don't mean to dampen your peanut butter fun, but I hate peanut butter! Totally hate it, and peanuts too. My brother and my sister, however, totally love it, and couldn't see them having those sandwiches when we were kids, really. My brother used to eat it with a spoon too (and still does), right from the jar.

Um... on occasion, I still eat it from the jar with a spoon too... especially during the heat of my initial Brokeback fever days... when I couldn't be forced to stray from the computer long enough to prepare a meal.

Milli, sadly, I haven't made the pie yet.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Scott6373

« Reply #3196 on: August 24, 2006, 04:27:03 pm »
Um... on occasion, I still eat it from the jar with a spoon too... especially during the heat of my initial Brokeback fever days... when I couldn't be forced to stray from the computer long enough to prepare a meal.

Milli, sadly, I haven't made the pie yet.

For me...it was macaroni and cheese...I ate the stuff and didn't have to use salt...my bawling over every bowl of the stuff sufficed.

moremojo

« Reply #3197 on: August 24, 2006, 04:42:46 pm »

The shot here of Heath in the striped shirt, with both thumbs resting near his lip, is quite possibly my single favorite Ledger picture yet outside the context of BBM.

:D
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:43:27 pm by moremojo »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3198 on: August 24, 2006, 05:08:40 pm »
Okay folks..now for more entertainment ...  ;D

Cast Spotlight Moment ..
Today, the spotlight is on our very own Lance England ..

Abit of background info ~  Mr England is played by a handsome model by the name of Ryan LeBar (a fellow Canadian.. :D), who hails from the province of Ontario, Canada!  Here are some of Ryan's assets..

Thank you Ryan for being part of the Laramie Saga.. :P

I am not nuts folks, trust me ..lol

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3199 on: August 24, 2006, 05:11:28 pm »
The shot here of Heath in the striped shirt, with both thumbs resting near his lip, is quite possibly my single favorite Ledger picture yet outside the context of BBM.

:D
Scott M.
                                                                                                                                                      GOD I LOVE THIS.....thank you

Beautiful mind