Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166868 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #3650 on: September 08, 2006, 12:27:47 pm »

Just needed to see this BEAUTIFUL pic on this page again

Can someone tell me how to make this smaller so I can have it as a banner/siggy line?  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3651 on: September 08, 2006, 12:32:26 pm »
I just can't imagine how hard it would be to be there with the only person you ever really loved and hear him say that when he dies he wants to be with the OTHER guy and not you.

There just isn't a good solution.

Shit, I just read that spoiler!   :-\

Lori, I noticed you updated TCJ too! Cool!

Louise, how inflated are you right now?  Still floating higher than the moon?  Should I bring out my dart again?  :P

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3652 on: September 08, 2006, 12:33:07 pm »
I just can't imagine how hard it would be to be there with the only person you ever really loved and hear him say that when he dies he wants to be with the OTHER guy and not you.

There just isn't a good solution.

SPOILER.............SPOILER...................SPOILER..................SPOILER

And Ellery imagining bringing up Ennis's ashes, because Ennis is going to go first.

Just shoot me now and put me out of my misery, willya Louise? I don't have enough kleenex in this office.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3653 on: September 08, 2006, 12:34:26 pm »
Just needed to see this BEAUTIFUL pic on this page again

Can someone tell me how to make this smaller so I can have it as a banner/siggy line?  :)

I'll pm ya.   :)

yb

« Reply #3654 on: September 08, 2006, 12:36:18 pm »

I may be in the minority here but I really like Hugh Jackman in short hair.  Lucise, can I make a request?  Please do a photo of Heath and Hugh.  Any picture of Heath will do, but please use this photo of Hugh.  Thanks.

yb

« Reply #3655 on: September 08, 2006, 12:39:17 pm »

And Ellery imagining bringing up Ennis's ashes, because Ennis is going to go first.

Just shoot me now and put me out of my misery, willya Louise? I don't have enough kleenex in this office.

Leslie

No!! ... I didn't really pay attention to this while I was reading the chapter.  Don't scare me, Leslie.  I think it may be because Ennis is older so Ellery naturally thinks that Ennis will go first.  Louise, please tell me I'm right.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #3656 on: September 08, 2006, 12:57:14 pm »
I'll pm ya.   :)
Lucise you are such a darlin!  Thank you!  :)

I just read your pm and am trying to change my siggy line!  ::)  ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #3657 on: September 08, 2006, 01:58:52 pm »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/109320.html  "Chapter 25:  Tribute"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3658 on: September 08, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »

Leslie

Ditto Leslie, ditto.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #3659 on: September 08, 2006, 03:13:36 pm »

I'm new and I just registered.  This is my first post so hope I'm doing it right.  The whole forum layout is a little confusing to me here.
I just discovered the 'Laramie Sagas' last week and have been captivated by these wonderful stories.  I just finished Book 3: A Second Chance.  Wow, what a cliff hanger!  I just kept thinking 'please don't let them torture Ennis, please don't let them torture Ennis.'
I understand there are 2 more sequels, so I got a lot of reading to do yet to catch up to where y'all are at.
I am totally addicted, enthralled - okay, obsessed even - by Louise's writing.
One question:  How do I find the pictures I've heard about being posted here?  There are hundreds of pages of messages and I can't possible click through all of them one by one.  Is there a way to search by date or something?

A little bit about me.  I'm a disabled Veteran and live in FLorida.  I read a lot of fanfiction in several fandoms and I'm an admitted 'slash slut'.  I'm following several ongoing BBM WIP's, and my favorite fandoms other than BBM are NCIS, CSI, JAG, The Unit and The Sentinel.  I've been writing for 2 and a half years.  Current project is a 'dark fic' JAG novel, which at over 210,000 words, is finally nearing completion.  I don't have a web site, but my work is archived at The WWOMB (if anyone's curious.)
I really love discussing BBM; the movie, the fanfic stories and especially Ennis and Ellery!  I think I'm gonna enjoy hanging out here.  I don't remember how I stumbled across Louise's work, but sure glad I did.  I love this series!
Hugs,
NavyVet
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"