Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166359 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4230 on: September 22, 2006, 05:40:17 am »
Last night in chat I was getting all excited about seeing who is reading the Laramie Saga with my new statistics counter.  The problem is, the stats counter I am using is a free one that I cannot get upgraded, because I don't have a company in Germany, and I don't have a tax number, so therefore I can only track up to 1,000 views a day.

1,000 views a day seemed like something my LJ page would never hit - right? wrong.  It went over 1,000 views last night at 11 o'clock and when it restarted at midnight, overnight over 560 views have already been logged, and I haven't had my morning coffee!  Okay, well I'm late getting up.  Of course, this is all good news, because it means that the Laramie Saga is quite popular and is being read worldwide.  In less than a 24 hour period, readers from 26 countries have logged on.  Leslie's theory about "marathon readers" is definitely true: there is no casual reading going on here.  With 233 unique visits since I went to bed last night, we are definitely "not alone"!

Readership

USA:   58%
Canada: 11%
Germany 10%
UK        6%
Hong Kong 2%
Denmark   2%
Other 10%

Combining this with the fact that half of the readers of Ennis and Ellery discussion group here at Bettermost are unregistered lurkers at any given time, it would seem the Laramie Saga is a guilty pleasure for many more people than I would have suspected.

I dont blame you getting excited Louise, this is wonderful!  But I'm a little ashamed to see that only 6% of readers come from the UK!  Bad UK! 

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4231 on: September 22, 2006, 05:59:16 am »
I,m from the UK Christie, where bouts are you from then? Always nice to meet a fellow Brit. I,ts peeing with rain here at the moment. Apparantly we are getting the remenants of hurricaine george I think..wonderful, so I,d like some "action" today please to warm things up a bit Louise? Poor Ennis..his eyesight will start going funny if he doesnt get some soon lol. And you know what will happen to him if he keeps playing with it dont you? He,ll go blind. ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:06:16 am by souxi »

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4232 on: September 22, 2006, 06:00:44 am »
Or his palms will get hairy!

Another British based reader LS addict here, from London. Do you think that we make up the 6% UJ readership?

Karen

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4233 on: September 22, 2006, 06:08:38 am »
Or his palms will get hairy!

Another British based reader LS addict here, from London. Do you think that we make up the 6% UJ readership?

Karen

Hi Karen, nice to meet you. :)I hadnt heard that one about hairy palms lol. Where bouts in London are you then? Oh and apparantly, if the winds from the remains of this hurricaine get too bad, they say it could be as bad as 1987, so dont go near Hyde Park Karen..remember what happened to the trees, they got turned into matchsticks!!! :o :o :o

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4234 on: September 22, 2006, 07:25:17 am »
I dont blame you getting excited Louise, this is wonderful!  But I'm a little ashamed to see that only 6% of readers come from the UK!  Bad UK! 
Ye-ep wonderful Louise!
But.... what about Holland?? Am I the only one?? BAD, BAD, BAD, BAAAAD!! Holland!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4235 on: September 22, 2006, 07:29:32 am »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/118152.html  "Chapter 58:  Retreat"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4236 on: September 22, 2006, 07:30:31 am »
Hi Karen, nice to meet you. :)I hadnt heard that one about hairy palms lol.
me neither!
I've never heard about going blind either!  :D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4237 on: September 22, 2006, 07:33:04 am »
Greetings to all lurkers!

;D  ;D  ;D
This is great Jo!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4238 on: September 22, 2006, 07:34:27 am »
Oh, what fun!
I was trying to imagine what Junior's house might look like.  I envision it as a small bungalow/cottage type home.  We know there are 2 bedroom since E&E are staying in the guest room. 

Thanks NavyVet! I like them both  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4239 on: September 22, 2006, 07:35:44 am »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/118152.html  "Chapter 58:  Retreat"
*off to read*
Squeeeee!  ;D