Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167028 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4240 on: September 22, 2006, 08:01:11 am »
me neither!
I've never heard about going blind either!  :D

Must just be the circles I move in  ;D

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4241 on: September 22, 2006, 08:03:34 am »
That one about going blind is an old wives tale. Many a little boy would have a stinging slap delivered to his little hand if it was caught wandering "down there". AND they were told that if they still did it, AFTER they,d gone blind, it would fall off!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4242 on: September 22, 2006, 08:04:16 am »
SPOLIER

Ellery the diplomat - I like his thinking.

Of course now we're all panting for the next chapter. Louise, for the love of all that his holy, please do not make it a deep and meaningful conversation between Alma and Junior (if you know what I mean). In fact very little conversation at all would be more than acceptable  ;)

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4243 on: September 22, 2006, 08:05:15 am »
Okay, like the busy little bee I am I went out and found a different statistics counter that gives the specific IP addresses of each host, accumulates number of hits per host etc., and does not have a 1,000 page view dropoff.  I think this has far better statistic handling, since it is the number of individual readers I am interested in tracking, not how many pages they look at in a single view.  So I have put the new counter on the first book, "Taking Chances" and am gradually going backward, replacing the stats counter on "The Long Way Home."

And it excludes me so my stats don't count my own hits... so since I did that at 12:30, 25 different hosts have logged on... which means all of you Europeans and Aussies and ... lo an behold, someone from Czech Republic, and two different people from Russia, one lurker from Denmark!  and a couple of early risers from America.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4244 on: September 22, 2006, 08:06:51 am »
SPOLIER

Of course now we're all panting for the next chapter. Louise, for the love of all that his holy, please do not make it a deep and meaningful conversation between Alma and Junior (if you know what I mean). In fact very little conversation at all would be more than acceptable  ;)

Karen

you know I have had people make comments that I write this story based on too much reader feedback, don't you?  Now that everybody EXPECTS me to have a chapter with Ennis and Ellery getting it on at the hotel, if I actually do that, it means you guys are controlling me.  Or ... maybe it means I intended to write that part all along.  You be the judge.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4245 on: September 22, 2006, 08:11:41 am »
SPOLIER

Karen

Absolutly right Karen. In fact less talking and more heavy breathing and hip thrusts would be FAR better thank you lol.  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4246 on: September 22, 2006, 08:19:14 am »

Absolutly right Karen. In fact less talking and more heavy breathing and hip thrusts would be FAR better thank you lol.  ;) ;) ;)
Thirded girls  ;D Totally!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4247 on: September 22, 2006, 08:32:03 am »
you know I have had people make comments that I write this story based on too much reader feedback, don't you?  Now that everybody EXPECTS me to have a chapter with Ennis and Ellery getting it on at the hotel, if I actually do that, it means you guys are controlling me.  Or ... maybe it means I intended to write that part all along.  You be the judge.
Oh, that is soo not true! Can you remember all those readers hounding you for Bottom!Ennis (and you know exactly which one of those readers I mean, *grin*) on the DC boards? You didn't take any notice and just did exactly what you wanted to and let it happen when you felt the moment was right. The same goes for Dupree, loads of your readers would love him to be gay (including me!) but you are taking that in the direction that only you want it to be going.
What would be fun though, I think, if we could put in some requests every now and then who and what we would like in future chapters. Nothing major of course and none of it should be interfering with your muses of course. It's just a thought, like I asked you the other day if you'd be writing a Red Stallion chapter all about Dupree sometime soon.  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4248 on: September 22, 2006, 08:35:28 am »
Must just be the circles I move in  ;D
LOL! Must be!!!  ;D  ;D

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4249 on: September 22, 2006, 08:38:22 am »
Louise, with the large number of counts / hits  your story is receiving, is there a chance that story will go on past the next book?