Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131862 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4760 on: October 01, 2006, 03:59:30 pm »
Wonderful! Just gorgeous Milli!! Ohhhhh, Lauren is soooooo cute *dreamy sigh* Not as cute as E and E, of course  ;) I remember the great pic of Wayne on the DC Slash Casting Couch. That one was perfect. Remember Louise?

It's great to be back!! Couldn't get in here for hours!!  ::)  >:(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4761 on: October 01, 2006, 04:24:34 pm »
Lucise had a great one here for Wayne that I really liked.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4762 on: October 01, 2006, 04:34:04 pm »
Chapter one was great Louisev!       That was a very realistic scene with the gossipy gang at the Red Stallion!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4763 on: October 01, 2006, 04:38:46 pm »
Speaking of copyright violations etc.. I sure hope nobody sues me for using their pic in my fanart lol..
I figured since none of it is for sale of any kind .. I'd be fairly safe ... 8)

Agreed BigH .. I think Lauren is cute!  ;)  Not that I mind Lance or Dupree !
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 04:40:52 pm by Lucise »

Offline caramelle58

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4764 on: October 01, 2006, 04:44:56 pm »
How nice - the "Red Stallion" has started already !

Know what, Louise ? I can see myself 20 years from now, logging into your LJ to check out the newest chapter of your newest E&E-saga...me and several thousands of other elderly females. This will be the "Eastenders" or "Crossroads" of fanfiction  ( don't know a thing about American TV, what are the longest running soaps in the US ?)

;D

Caramelle

Offline David

« Reply #4765 on: October 01, 2006, 04:54:51 pm »
This will be the "Eastenders" or "Crossroads" of fanfiction  ( don't know a thing about American TV, what are the longest running soaps in the US ?)

Caramelle

"The Guiding Light"?      It has been on as long as I can remember.  ???

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4766 on: October 01, 2006, 04:55:38 pm »
Speaking of copyright violations etc.. I sure hope nobody sues me for using their pic in my fanart lol..

Like I said it would be a matter of 1) someone finding the pic; 2) filing a complaint with the copyright holder; 3) the copyright holder following through; and 4) coming up with a resolution to the situation (usually financial). Since it is obvious you are not making money off your pictures, they would probably decide they could not make money off you and wouldn't bother. The copyright cases you hear about are the ones where susbtantial sums of money are involved. The copyright holders who tend to be aggressive in pursuing violations tend to be those with royalties, such as cartoonists, as that is how they make their money. As in the example I gave before, using a cartoon in a presentation. A royalty fee should be paid when permission is given.

Book authors get royalties when a book is sold. Using characters in a story is not necessarily depriving that author of income, if that makes sense. A fanfic story is not depriving that author a book sale, and in fact, the story might work to their advantage by generating interest in the original story.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4767 on: October 01, 2006, 04:56:34 pm »
How nice - the "Red Stallion" has started already !

Know what, Louise ? I can see myself 20 years from now, logging into your LJ to check out the newest chapter of your newest E&E-saga...me and several thousands of other elderly females. This will be the "Eastenders" or "Crossroads" of fanfiction  ( don't know a thing about American TV, what are the longest running soaps in the US ?)

;D

Caramelle
Love that image, Caramelle  ;D I can see myself doing that too  ;D

As The World Turns, hasn't that been running since the 50's??

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4768 on: October 01, 2006, 04:57:48 pm »
  "The Guiding Light"?      It has been on as long as I can remember.  ???

The Days of Our Lives has also been on forever..."Like sand through the hour glass..."

The Edge of Night was an oldie. For years and years it was on at 4 pm (the edge of night, get it?). Then, in its waning days, they shifted it to 9 am. Of course, by that time, barely anyone remembered what the name meant, anyway. LOL

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4769 on: October 01, 2006, 04:59:34 pm »
Actually I have a far far better idea than my writing Laramie Saga stories into my dotage!

"The Red Stallion" is moving away from the story arc of the original story by Annie Proulx and entering the new life embarked on by Ennis and Ellery, and the interactions with a larger cast... my idea is that once I have completed "The Red Stallion", to open the universe up to other writers and fans, sort of a "fan fiction on fan fiction" event in which other writers can write "Red Stallion" chapters of their own, using their own visiting original characters as well as the originals.

now what do you folks think of that idea?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”