Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131733 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4820 on: October 02, 2006, 09:22:42 am »
Hehehe to fuddy duddy  :laugh:

Oh, fuddy duddy is a word we all know! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4821 on: October 02, 2006, 09:23:16 am »
That's why you MUST write a MUCH longer book Louise!! I can't stand the thought of it all be over in a months time  :( :( :'( :'(

I know June it,s an awful thought isnt it?  :'( :'( :'( I,m going to have to get some more ink for my printer and get it all printed off instead of just saved on my pc. That way I can read it again and again. There is some comfort to be had though. At least Louise has given Ennis back his life by writing this book instead of leaving him to drink himself to death in that trailer, pining away for Jack. :( I wish someone somewhere would read this and make it into a movie. Then we could read about our boys and watch them every day.  Now thats a happy thought. ;D ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4822 on: October 02, 2006, 09:29:33 am »

I know June it,s an awful thought isnt it?  :'( :'( :'( I,m going to have to get some more ink for my printer and get it all printed off instead of just saved on my pc. That way I can read it again and again. There is some comfort to be had though. At least Louise has given Ennis back his life by writing this book instead of leaving him to drink himself to death in that trailer, pining away for Jack. :( I wish someone somewhere would read this and make it into a movie. Then we could read about our boys and watch them every day.  Now thats a happy thought. ;D ;D
Oh yeah Souxi, that's exactly why I love TLS so, so much - for giving Ennis his life back, a reason for living again. My God, he broke my heart at the end of the movie  :'( OH I'd LOVE that movie  ;D

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #4823 on: October 02, 2006, 09:33:19 am »
I have always been rather partial to that quintessential Englishman Charles Dance and nominate him for the role of Jeeves. What do you guys think?

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #4824 on: October 02, 2006, 09:51:58 am »
Instead of continuing the conversation via PM, why don't you open a thread over at the Open Forum so others (including me) can be part of the discussion? It's an interesting topic!

Hi Natali,

On reflection, if you like, let's continue this discussion of the the spiritual themes contained in the BBM story in this thread and encompass The Laramie Saga as an extension of the story. This way we can talk about the significance of Ennis' rebirth and journey of self discovery and the aspects discussed earlier by TH. I'd be interested in your thoughts Natali.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4825 on: October 02, 2006, 09:55:08 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/125957.html  "Chapter 3:  Token"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4826 on: October 02, 2006, 10:30:05 am »
SPOILER SPOILER

"Ennis stuck his head out the door. “All the fun happenin out here? That English fellah just said he ain’t payin for any more champagne unless the owner a the bar dances with em. I told em he could take his champagne an shove it where the sun don’t shine.”

“That’s my man,” Ellery said, smiling widely."

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

louise, great chapter! thanks

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #4827 on: October 02, 2006, 10:39:24 am »
SPOILER SPOILER

"Ennis stuck his head out the door. “All the fun happenin out here? That English fellah just said he ain’t payin for any more champagne unless the owner a the bar dances with em. I told em he could take his champagne an shove it where the sun don’t shine.”

“That’s my man,” Ellery said, smiling widely."

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

louise, great chapter! thanks

AND another great summary / chapter end.

Thanks, Louise, and thanks, Fabienne, for citing it.
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4828 on: October 02, 2006, 10:52:23 am »
I have always been rather partial to that quintessential Englishman Charles Dance and nominate him for the role of Jeeves. What do you guys think?

Brilliant idea. much better than mine. Charles Dance would be perfect, and he,s a lot better looking that Patrick McGee lol.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4829 on: October 02, 2006, 11:06:33 am »
SPOILER SPOILER

Now that Ennis has seen Ellery and Simon discussing something in private, i wonder if Ennis will talk to Simon and ask him to make something for Ellery as well. Maybe even ask him to make whatever Ellery ordered for Ennis for Ellery as well?

i really like the idea of the belt buckle. I think it's very fitting.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'