Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161743 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1210 on: January 24, 2007, 11:09:10 pm »
But in the end Ennis couldn’t find the words, had to be content to tell Jack with his body, rocking inside of him while his body whispered, Mine, Jack, you’re mine.

This is so beautifully written, David. Amy has captured the essence of what it is to be a gay man, and at the same time she has described what Ennis is essentially all about.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1211 on: January 24, 2007, 11:25:39 pm »
This is so beautifully written, David. Amy has captured the essence of what it is to be a gay man, and at the same time she has described what Ennis is essentially all about.

Yes she did capture the essence of what it is to be a gay man.

Yes it is beautifully written!  :D

Just wait though. Just wait until you read the part when Ellis talks about "the quilt"! That was one of my favorite parts of the whole story. It was really beautiful. It was very clear Amy had tremendous talent from the beginning of the story. But "the quilt"...... well that was just so beautiful.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #1212 on: January 25, 2007, 12:37:32 am »
This isn't Heath, but he sure does come close to SoG Ennis for me:

I've got more of him, if you'd like to see them . . . .

lol i wish i looked  like that   :-\
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1213 on: January 25, 2007, 12:44:24 am »
lol i wish i looked  like that   :-\

Looks aren't everything, Wulfie.  :)

I have met many good looking guys who repulsed me. Why? Because they had absolutely no personality; or because they were conceited. On the other hand I have met not so good looking guys who completely turned me on because their personalities were so cute and charming. Good looks are only half of it, Wulfie; sometimes not even half. It's what is on the inside of a person that really matters.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #1214 on: January 25, 2007, 03:17:30 am »
ok come here and tell all the flaky gays  thats in my area  that they seem to believe looks is everytihng
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1215 on: January 25, 2007, 07:42:36 am »
Here's another favourite quote from Chapter 11:

Ennis woke up wrapped around Jack, his head on Jack’s chest, their legs twisted together beneath the sheets. Ennis had never been a cuddler, he didn’t like anyone touching him while he slept. Alma teased him about it, but he sensed her undercurrent of hurt, stung by the fact that he didn’t want her too close while his body rested. But sleeping with Jack, that turned out to be different. Jack followed him around the bed like a heat-seeking missile, some part of his body always in contact with Ennis’s, foot, hand, full body press. And the funny thing was, if Ennis woke up and Jack wasn’t touching him, Ennis solved that problem immediately, curling around Jack’s back, drawing Jack onto his shoulder, searching for a free hand. Jack managed to break all of Ennis’s rules, both big and small, inserting his own game plan into every facet of Ennis’s life.

I enjoy reading hot, steamy sex scenes as much as any bloke, I guess. But I especially love this because it is such a gentle, subtle description of Jack & Ennis' sweet love-making. Their loving protocol with each other whilst in bed. And there's not many of us who don't enjoy waking up on a chilly winter morning, the sound of rain on the window pane, snug under the doona, securely wrapped in the arms of the one we love.

Speaking of whom, here's another pic on my chum, the Ennis look-alike. I sure would like to wake-up with him in my bed on a cold winter's morning! Or any morning, for that matter!  :-* 

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #1216 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:31 am »
Wow guys, such great thoughts on SOG!

I was wondering if we could do a live chat on this blog once Kerry has finished reading the story? Good idea?

:-*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 25, 2007, 08:38:29 pm »
Wow guys, such great thoughts on SOG!

I was wondering if we could do a live chat on this blog once Kerry has finished reading the story? Good idea?

:-*

Sounds like an excellent idea to me, Melissa. We may be able to get a little group together. It would be very exciting if Amy could join in. Alas, timing may prove a problem, as I live at the opposite end of the earth from all the rest of you! I'm usually asleep while you're all awake, and vice versa. And I have no experience of chat-rooms, so it will be a learning curve for me. Having said all that, however, I'm sure something can be sorted out LOL.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

midwest-girl

« Reply #1218 on: January 25, 2007, 08:48:38 pm »
I'd be happy to chime in on a chat if we can arrange something that works for everyone.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 25, 2007, 10:34:53 pm »
I'd be happy to chime in on a chat if we can arrange something that works for everyone.

That's wonderful, Amy! How very exciting! I look forward to it!  :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν