Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162288 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1460 on: February 13, 2007, 03:44:12 am »
YIPES!!!! Here we go again!

Wish us luck you all!  :D

Keep safe, David!  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1461 on: February 13, 2007, 04:50:14 am »
YIPES!!!! Here we go again!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've got a fire blazing in my fireplace and I'm hunkered down for the night with my animals. They are warning of potential widespread power losses across Indiana tonight due to the heavy snow and ice. Hopefully I'll be back online tomorrow, but if I'm not, you'll know why!  :(

Wish us luck you all!  :D

enjoy cosing up in formt of the fire - pity your wonderful boyf isn't there with you to get snowed in.... !

good luck!
x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1462 on: February 13, 2007, 06:21:42 pm »
Thanks you all!  :D

As you can see, I still have my power. But the storm isn't over yet. Here is the latest from the National Weather Service...

Winter Storm Warning

/O.CON.KIND.WS.W.0001.000000T0000Z- 070214T0500Z/ VERMILLION-PARKE-PUTNAM- HENDRICKS-MARION-HANCOCK-VIGO-CLAY- OWEN- MORGAN-JOHNSON-SHELBY-RUSH- MONROE-BROWN-BARTHOLOMEW-DECATUR- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... INDIANAPOLIS...TERRE HAUTE... SHELBYVILLE...BLOOMINGTON...COLUMBUS 114 PM EST TUE FEB 13 2007
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT...

LOOK FOR A MIXTURE OF SLEET SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN TO CHANGE TO ALL SNOW BY LATE AFTERNOON OR EARLY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE AS THE DAY WEARS ON

WINTER STORM CONDITIONS WILL PERSIST INTO TONIGHT AS THE STORM SYSTEM MOVES ACROSS THE REGION. ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED ALONG WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW TONIGHT.

THE HEAVIEST SNOW SHOULD END AROUND MIDNIGHT. HOWEVER... LIGHT SNOW MAY PERSIST THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING AND BLOWING SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

So, I am keeping the fire roaring in the fireplace. We've already picked up around 7 inches of snow. They are predicting well over a foot of snow before this is over with. Actually, the snow isn't the problem (except when it's blowing). The big problem is the sleet and ice.  :P

Geri! How are doing girl friend? This whole mess is heading your way! You better brace yourself.  :o

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Scott6373

« Reply #1463 on: February 13, 2007, 06:23:58 pm »
Feeling for ya buddy...we're expecting a foot by midnight tomorrow, starting tonight.  Good thing...means I can spend the day at home keeping cozy with Rick:)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1464 on: February 13, 2007, 06:26:32 pm »
Cuddle up by that fire and keep warm with some cocoa.  Nothing but rain and infection here. :(
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Scott6373

« Reply #1465 on: February 13, 2007, 06:29:21 pm »
Cuddle up by that fire and keep warm with some cocoa.  Nothing but rain and infection here. :(

And I'm shavin my legs for some snow and Affection

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1466 on: February 13, 2007, 06:34:28 pm »

An excellent plan!  Have fun!!
 ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1467 on: February 13, 2007, 08:57:37 pm »

Don't. Having hair in the legs helps you stay warmer, or so I have heard. Not sure though. I always shave my legs though.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1468 on: February 13, 2007, 08:59:59 pm »
Thanks you all!  :D

As you can see, I still have my power. But the storm isn't over yet. Here is the latest from the National Weather Service...

Winter Storm Warning

/O.CON.KIND.WS.W.0001.000000T0000Z- 070214T0500Z/ VERMILLION-PARKE-PUTNAM- HENDRICKS-MARION-HANCOCK-VIGO-CLAY- OWEN- MORGAN-JOHNSON-SHELBY-RUSH- MONROE-BROWN-BARTHOLOMEW-DECATUR- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... INDIANAPOLIS...TERRE HAUTE... SHELBYVILLE...BLOOMINGTON...COLUMBUS 114 PM EST TUE FEB 13 2007
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT...

LOOK FOR A MIXTURE OF SLEET SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN TO CHANGE TO ALL SNOW BY LATE AFTERNOON OR EARLY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE AS THE DAY WEARS ON

WINTER STORM CONDITIONS WILL PERSIST INTO TONIGHT AS THE STORM SYSTEM MOVES ACROSS THE REGION. ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED ALONG WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW TONIGHT.

THE HEAVIEST SNOW SHOULD END AROUND MIDNIGHT. HOWEVER... LIGHT SNOW MAY PERSIST THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING AND BLOWING SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

So, I am keeping the fire roaring in the fireplace. We've already picked up around 7 inches of snow. They are predicting well over a foot of snow before this is over with. Actually, the snow isn't the problem (except when it's blowing). The big problem is the sleet and ice.  :P

That's sounds pretty bad. Luckily for me, we are having spring temperatures in Madrid these days. I don't know how long they'll last, though. Madrid's weather is tricky.  Anyway, stay warm and be safe!!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1469 on: February 14, 2007, 01:26:06 am »
That's sounds pretty bad. Luckily for me, we are having spring temperatures in Madrid these days. I don't know how long they'll last, though. Madrid's weather is tricky.  Anyway, stay warm and be safe!!!

*sigh*

I wish I was in Spain right now!  :( ....  :)

Is anyone else's Internet running like REALLY slow tonight? It's taking roughly 30 seconds just to open up a page! God, I think I have some cobwebs forming on me from all the waiting.

Jess, how is your Internet acting tonight? Is it slow too?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.