Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161932 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1610 on: May 07, 2007, 02:04:47 am »
playing hard to get huh??

ok....

that's fine...

Poor poor Anderson!  :'( :'(

I am off to bed!!

Night, sweetie!!

sweet dreams!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1611 on: May 07, 2007, 04:25:55 am »
oooh! Jess has gor me intreigued - tell all!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #1612 on: May 07, 2007, 08:39:57 am »

you want me to pm you the video!!???

:-X :-X :-X

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1613 on: May 07, 2007, 11:51:09 am »

Now Kelda honey, I already told you if it's too embarrassing I might tell you a lie.

So I'll tell you all about it if you want me to, but should you trust my answer?  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #1614 on: May 07, 2007, 12:05:37 pm »
you want me to pm you the video!!???

:-X :-X :-X

Ooooooo  Jess there's video!  :o  Can I watch too...pretty please
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1615 on: May 07, 2007, 12:51:32 pm »
 :laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #1616 on: May 19, 2007, 10:19:35 pm »
hmmm...he comes on but he doesn't post....

What can it mean...is he hiding something??

maybe he is worried about that video coming out!!

now, David you KNOW that I would NEVER let anyone else see that!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1617 on: May 19, 2007, 11:51:39 pm »

Ok David what are we, chopped liver....?          share,,,with the rest of us.......!!!!!!!!!!

janice

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1618 on: June 02, 2007, 09:02:50 pm »

Ok David what are we, chopped liver....?          share,,,with the rest of us.......!!!!!!!!!!

janice

Of course not Janice! I don't think anything like that about you all.

It's just that some things are too embarrassing for public consumption!

And how Jess EVER got hold of this information, I'll never know.  ;)

:laugh:  :laugh:

[[[Janice]]]  :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1619 on: June 02, 2007, 11:13:06 pm »
Boy, I've neglected this thread!

Okay, here's a story.....

Little Eagle was feeling neglected. Hardly anyone paid attention to him anymore. It was only a few years ago that the People of his Tribe would be playing with him, telling him stories and showing him all the wonders of nature. But things were different now. The People told him he was quickly becoming a man, and it was time he started figuring out certain things for himself. But Little Eagle didn't feel ready. He still had many questions. Questions like what makes the wind blow? Where does the great sun disk disappear to each night? And why do the People sometimes fight and hurt each other? Maybe he was growing up, but he wasn't quite ready for it. Not yet. Not today.

The great sun disk was now rising higher in the sky each day, and this meant the buffalo would reappear soon. It wouldn't be long before the People would leave the winter camp and follow the herds. Little Eagle didn't want to leave. He loved the winter camp. But he learned long ago that certain things were unavoidable and he couldn't always have what he wanted.

"Come on Ohi" said Little Eagle as he pulled back his long hair into a ponytail and signaled for his dog. Recently, it seemed like Ohi was Little Eagle's only friend. Or at least the only one who understood him anymore. Ohi once saved Little Eagle's life by fighting off a bear. Ohi quickly became Little Eagle's best friend and he decided to name the dog Ohinyan Nacacijin (Forever Faithful) or Ohi for short. "I'm not ready to leave the winter camp Ohi, and I'm not ready to grow up either" Little Eagle said as he sat down next to the creek bed. Ohi laid down beside him with his chin on Little Eagle's lap.

"The People say I will soon go on my vision quest and choose a new name. I'm not ready for that either." Little Eagle said as he tossed some small stones into the creek. "I wish I were you Ohi. You don't have anything to worry about, do you?" Little Eagle scratched Ohi behind his ear as he sat and listened to the rippling of the creek and the sound of the pines creaking in the wind.

Soon the skies started to darken and the People began to worry about Little Eagle. "I'll go find him" said Tunkasila, which means grandfather in Lakota. "He's probably at his secret place." Tunkasila walked across the grassy field and down a small path to the creekbed where he found Little Eagle and Ohi. "Was'te Cikala Wanbli" said Tunkasila as he gently rubbed the back of Little Eagle's neck. "The People are worried. It's getting dark and you never returned to camp." Little Eagle continued to gaze at the creek without saying anything. "Your thoughts are heavy today Cikala Wanbli. Do you want to talk?" Tunkasila always knew how Little Eagle felt, and he always seemed to know just what to say.

"Where does the great sun disk go each night Tunkasila?" asked Little Eagle as he reached for his grandfather's hand.

Tunkasila sat down and gazed at the creek along with Little Eagle. "Wakan Tanka, The Great Spirit pierces it with his arrow at the end of each day. Then it bleeds and dies."

"Is that where all the colors in the sky come from each evening?" asked Little Eagle.

"Han, yes" said Tunkasila as he shook his head in the affirmative. "It makes those colors as it bleeds. Then Wakan Tanka hangs a great dark cloak over the sky until a new sun disk rises the next morning."

"This makes sense." said Little Eagle. "But where do the tiny lights at night come from then?"

"Wakan Tanka makes some tiny holes in the great cloak, allowing some light from the new sun disk to shine through until it is allowed to rise the next morning. Our ancestors also look through these tiny holes so they can watch over us."

"You mean our ancestors in Wanagi Yata, the Place of Souls?" Little Eagle asked Tunkasila.

"Han" said Tunkasila. "Wanagi Yata is the place I will soon be, along with some others in the Tribe. And I will look through one of those tiny holes so I can watch over you."

Little Eagle looked up at Tunkasila with tears in his eyes. "I don't want you or anyone in the Tribe to leave."

"It's the Way, Cikala Wanbli" said Tunkasila as he put his arm around Little Eagle and hugged him tightly. "Do you see the large star up there?" asked Tunkasila as he pointed towards the northern sky.

"Han" said Little Eagle as he followed Tunkasila's pointed finger towards the brightest star in the dusky sky.

"That is the Dog Star" said Tunkasila as he brushed a lightening bug off his shoulder. "Whenever you need us, look to the Dog Star and we will hear you. No matter what. Will you remember that?" asked Tunkasila.

"Han Tunkasila. I will remember."

"Hecheto welo! Good!" said Tunkasila. "Hoppo. Come on. Let's get back to camp, Cikala Wanbli."

"Hoppo, Ohi" said Little Eagle to his dog as they stood up and made their way back to the People.

Little Eagle did grow up, and he did complete his vision quest. He took the name Wanbli Galeska, or Spotted Eagle. He never married though. You see, Little Eagle was a Wink'te; or what White people call a gay person. Wink'te were highly honored among the Sioux and they were always treated with great respect. The People all agreed that Little Eagle was indeed a holy man and very wise. He always remembered the lessons taught to him by his Tunkasila and he tried to pass those lesson to the children of the Tribe. And he always remembered to look up at the Dog Star each night so he could say goodnight to his ancestors.

" Le mita pila Tunkusila. Lotancila. Thank you grandpa. I love you."  :-*  :-*