Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161575 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2030 on: October 16, 2007, 06:20:17 pm »

I really loved Torch Song Trilogy David.  I must see the other one..It looks so sad too.  But I am
hooked, just by watching that clip..Thank you for telling me about it..I am going to the video store, today and see if I can get it.      

Glad to see you put your own handsome face up there again.....
                                                                                                  janice            

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2031 on: October 16, 2007, 06:59:02 pm »
             I really loved Torch Song Trilogy David.  I must see the other one..It looks so sad too.  But I am
hooked, just by watching that clip..Thank you for telling me about it..I am going to the video store, today and see if I can get it.      

Glad to see you put your own handsome face up there again.....
                                                                                                  janice            

Oh I hope you can find it, Janice! Get Real is one of my favorite movies! Yes, it does have some sad parts in it, but it has some comedy too. Steven's friend Linda, played by Charlotte Brittain has some of the funniest lines in the movie. She was so cute in the film. And even though Get Real was released several years before Brokeback Mountain, the two boys definately have some Jack and Ennis qualities.

If you don't see the movie in the Drama section at the video store, you might check the Romance section too, or look over in Foreign Films. Get Real is a British movie.

Good Luck Janice and please let me know how you liked it!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2032 on: October 16, 2007, 07:08:58 pm »
OMG David!!!   :'( :'( :-* :-* :-*

Just watching that clip, in silence (I told you my speakers were acting up) made em cry!  I have GOT to see that film immediately!!  Thank you for telling me about it, you lovely man  :-* :-* :-*

Susie

I'm glad you liked it Susie! You really didn't miss too much without your speakers working. The clip I posted didn't have any dialogue anyway. It had a song playing instead.  :D

I hope you get a chance to watch it soon! I highly recommend Torch Song Trilogy too, if you haven't seen it yet. Also, The Unknown Cyclist is very good too! Danny Nucci (  :-* ) stars in that movie.  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2033 on: October 17, 2007, 03:09:06 am »
I adore Torch Song Trilogy David!  Wonderful movie. So....

Why Thank You Dottie!  :D

It's now Wednesday, soooo.....

;) ;) ;)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2034 on: October 17, 2007, 11:56:00 am »
I saw Get Real a few years ago, man it is a heart breaker. I felt so sorry for that kid. I just wnated to pick him up and hold him.

The Brits make so many more gay movies than the Americans seem to, I wonder why?  :-\
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2035 on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:46 pm »
I saw Get Real a few years ago, man it is a heart breaker. I felt so sorry for that kid. I just wnated to pick him up and hold him.

I know it! Steven is a beautiful soul. He's so loving, caring and gentle. We learn to care about him deeply as we watch the movie and we can feel his pain. This shows just how powerful and well made this movie is.

The Brits make so many more gay movies than the Americans seem to, I wonder why?  :-\

I've wondered this too. Perhaps they are more enlightened than we are over here. Or perhaps they are more willing to take a risk on making a movie based on a controversial subject for many people.

British movies are always very good too. So are their television series. I also love Australian movies.   :D

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2036 on: October 18, 2007, 01:49:51 am »

Thinking about you while watching Ghost Hunters tonight!
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2037 on: October 18, 2007, 03:28:52 am »
I saw the opening credits of the original quuer as folk last night - ie the UK one - which was ground breaking drama at Channel 4 (a non pay per view channel) at the time.

I hadn't realised who wrote it. RusseL T Davies - as in the man behing the brilliant new 3 seasons of Doctor Who!

That man is very good at his job I tell you!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2038 on: October 18, 2007, 09:41:50 pm »

Thinking about you while watching Ghost Hunters tonight!

I completely forgot to watch Ghost Hunters last night Dottie! Can you believe that? 

>:( >:(

Well, I will definately watch Most Haunted Live tomorrow! And did you know Ghost Hunters is going to have a live event on Halloween? I'm going to watch that too!  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2039 on: October 18, 2007, 09:50:50 pm »
Queer as Folk was brilliant, the UK version ... I've not seen the US version.  It was pretty steamy stuff and taught me a lot of stuff I didn't know!  ;D

Susie

I saw the opening credits of the original quuer as folk last night - ie the UK one - which was ground breaking drama at Channel 4 (a non pay per view channel) at the time.

I hadn't realised who wrote it. RusseL T Davies - as in the man behing the brilliant new 3 seasons of Doctor Who!

That man is very good at his job I tell you!

Hi Susie and Kelda!  :D

I have never seen the UK Queer As Folk; only the American version. My boyfriend has seen the UK one though and he told me it's very good; much better than the American one. So, I'm sure I'd like it. Maybe they will air it here someday.

Kelda, I'm familiar with Channel 4. Many of the programs airing here in the US are from Channel 4 in the UK. Often times, the shows on the Discovery Channel and TLC (The Learning Channel) are originally from Channel 4. Even Super Nanny which airs on CBS is from Channel 4. It says so at the end of the show. I've always enjoyed the Channel 4 programs. They are very good.  :)