Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161643 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2050 on: October 21, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »
Speaking of haunted places and old places, has anyone ever heard of Creepers. There is a book named that as well. These people are urban explorers and go into all these places that they are not supposed to go in. The book is good. Also, Jess, what they do is definitely illegal  ;)

I don't think I've ever heard of that one Jack. I've heard of Jeepers Creepers. It was a horror movie starring Justin Long and Jonathan Breck. But I'll keep my eyes open for it. It sounds interesting!

Thanks for the information David  :) I will definitely write that down so I won't forget. Also, I know I have watched a show called Haunted Hotels or something like that and it is very good too. I think I have become a permanent visitor to your blog now  ;)

Well, I'm very glad to have you here! You are welcome to post here anytime you want Jack!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2051 on: October 21, 2007, 05:49:34 pm »

The Winchester Mystery house is in San Jose ...not too far south of San Francisco...Its a very interesting
place..It doesnt have the fancy furnishings that are what you would normally find in a mansion..and it has a very
unorganized type of construction...there are stairs going up to a ceiling and stop, a door that just opens out on
the side of the house...odd areas that seem to have no purpose...Just places more than rooms..
        We went there several years ago..It is worth the tour I think. 

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2052 on: October 27, 2007, 02:20:55 am »
Hey David,

Have they ever done a live vigil in the US?  We have specials over here that go on each night until about midnight for a whole weekend.  They choose a venue, then position 4 web cams in various places so that you can sit on the internet and watch them ... I did it once for about 10 minutes, but alas, there were no ghosts!!  They have a host, and various psychology/psychic/intellect type guests in the studio to discuss the various events of the night, and keep hopping live to the gang at the location.  I love watching them, although the only thing I've really witnessed is the crew freaking out, screaming and running from the room!  My hubby rolls his eyes and tuts but I love it!!

If you haven't had any live vigils yet, I hope you do soon!  It can be very creepy ... they did one in Transylvania once ... scared the whatsits out of me!!

Susie

Hi Susie!!  :D

Sorry it took me so long to reply to you, but I just now saw your post!

Yes, Most Haunted has done two live vigils in the US now, the second time was just a week ago. They investigated the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, California. It was a seven hour investigation. The webcams really don't work for me because I'm on dial-up. But just like in Great Britain, they hooked up numerous webcams around the property for people to watch, and they encouraged people to report anything unusual they noticed while watching the webcams.

I don't know when MH will be coming back to the US. I really do wish they would investigate the Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Louisville, Kentucky. The property is very scary and haunted. I have been there before, and if MH ever came to Kentucky, I could go there and check things out while they were there. Kentucky is very VERY close to me.   :D

http://www.prairieghosts.com/waverly_tb.html

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2053 on: October 28, 2007, 11:11:35 pm »
The Indianapolis Colts WON!!!!

31-7

We played The Carolina Panthers today and we whooped the poo poo out of them! Indianapolis is now 7-0 for the season. But we play New England next week at the RCA dome. That game scares me and we may not win it. I hate to say this, but New England is a much better team than we are, and the only hope we have of winning next week's game is that it will be played in Indianapolis. Home field advantage they call it. :)

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2054 on: October 29, 2007, 02:10:25 am »

Yep, Yep, Yep!!! and they are gonna kick some Patriot butt next week too!   

The Pat's are NOT a better Team they're just having a very good year!  Everyone said the Pat's were better than the Colts last year but WHO WON THE SUPER BOWL !!!  GO COLTS!!!  YEAH PEYTON!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2055 on: October 29, 2007, 02:26:20 am »

You just have to get someone to steal their signals from the sideline, like they did to New york.....

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2056 on: October 29, 2007, 03:05:34 am »

You just have to get someone to steal their sighals from the sideline, like they did to New york.....

The Indianapolis Star had a field day with this once the news broke! And I'm sure we'll use it as an excuse if we lose the game against NE next week, Janice!!  ;)  :laugh:

Yep, Yep, Yep!!! and they are gonna kick some Patriot butt next week too!   

The Pat's are NOT a better Team they're just having a very good year!  Everyone said the Pat's were better than the Colts last year but WHO WON THE SUPER BOWL !!!  GO COLTS!!!  YEAH PEYTON!

Don't forget Dottie, we play the Chargers on November 11th!  :o  The Chargers are an excellent team!! Congratulations on your win today, BTW!!!  :D

Yes, Peyton is the MAN, isn't he? Cute ass too! And rest assured I'll be watching the game against NE next week! Tom Brady has a cute ass too! It will be a festival of cute ass next week, and David will be tuning in to watch it! And even if we lose next week's game, I'm gonna love watching all that cute ass on my TV screen!  ;) :D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2057 on: October 29, 2007, 08:57:49 am »
I just wanna be the filler in a Peyton Manning--Tom Brady sandwich. ...  ;)  ;D

But somehow--maybe it's the effect of the TV commercials he's done--I have this feeling I could have a better time with Peyton the Man-ning.  ???  I have the impression of more of a sense of humor there.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2058 on: October 29, 2007, 05:14:15 pm »
Yes, Peyton is the MAN, isn't he? Cute ass too! And rest assured I'll be watching the game against NE next week! Tom Brady has a cute ass too! It will be a festival of cute ass next week, and David will be tuning in to watch it! And even if we lose next week's game, I'm gonna love watching all that cute ass on my TV screen!  ;) :D

May the best (better?) ass win!

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2059 on: October 29, 2007, 06:51:53 pm »
May the best (better?) ass win!

:laugh:  Well Tom Brady may be the best (better) ass, BUT Peyton Manning has the best ass  ;)  ;D  :laugh:  JK

Love the Manning Family Milk ad

Life is not a dress rehearsal