Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161945 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2370 on: January 23, 2008, 08:42:05 am »
David when I heard the news at work the first thing I thought was I wanted to be home so I could log in here.

when I got here though I couldn't go look at that forum they set up...I just went and looked at other stuff and even posted on other threads. It took me a while to get to where I could go look. I knew everyone was going to be sad and it would make me more upset. I cant' stand to see people hurting. I hurt more for you then for me....thank you for your pm last night...

and I love you, in spite of you talking trash about my gourmet coffee!!

{{David}}

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2371 on: January 23, 2008, 08:57:14 am »
I know how you feel Jess, about other people hurting.......you know, the first person I thought of, was Leslie (Maine Writer), becasue I knew she would be devastated, and I was so sad at the thought of her hurting so much........

And I was just in chat, and Nikita was there.....I dont even know who she is, but she was inconsolable, she is just crying and crying.....and i couldn't find anything to say to help her........

I hate it that my freinds are sad........I hate it that my friends are hurting........I hate it that Heath is gone..........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

mvansand76

« Reply #2372 on: January 23, 2008, 02:59:40 pm »
I hate it that Heath is gone..........

Same here, Katie... Can it still be one big, sick joke?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2373 on: January 23, 2008, 10:23:36 pm »

....and I keep thinking of something, someone said about Heath....."When Heath smiled, the sun came out"......those words keep going over and over in my head, and I picutre his beautiful wide smile......

Just my thoughts spilling out here now.....thanks for listening.......

I love that Sue!! It's brilliant! And it's so very true, isn't it? The sun always did come out when Heath smiled. And even if it was gloomy outside, his smile made people feel warm and sunny inside. He was a very remarkable man.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2374 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:26 pm »
David when I heard the news at work the first thing I thought was I wanted to be home so I could log in here.

when I got here though I couldn't go look at that forum they set up...I just went and looked at other stuff and even posted on other threads. It took me a while to get to where I could go look. I knew everyone was going to be sad and it would make me more upset. I cant' stand to see people hurting. I hurt more for you then for me....thank you for your pm last night...

and I love you, in spite of you talking trash about my gourmet coffee!!

{{David}}

Well you have to admit, that coffee is extremely disgusting Jess :laugh:

{{{JESS}}}

Thanks Jess!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2375 on: January 24, 2008, 03:00:27 am »
Minimal Coverage of Heath's Death in Indianapolis

I searched the Indianapolis Star today looking for something about Heath, and I finally found it on page SEVEN! Just one little tiny side article buried under several pages of newspaper which apparently contained more important news....things like "When Squirrels Attack" and "How To Frostproof Your Icebox". Shit like that.

The local television stations aren't talking about him either. Just an ocassional 10 second "quickie" specualting on how he (in their opinion) probably comitted suicide. I'm turning it off. I can't listen to those 10 second box of bullshit lies anymore. The little we hear about Heath is absolutely appalling.

Strange isn't it? Such major news as the death of Heath winds up on page seven in a Midwestern newspaper. It's just like I told Melissa, folks around here wrote Heath off after Brokeback Mountain was released. So anyway, apparently very few around here are suffering from his death.....

(You may need to scroll to the right to see the entire image)

It's a damn crying shame.  :'(  :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2376 on: January 25, 2008, 06:50:25 pm »
Thank You Gary! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2377 on: January 25, 2008, 06:56:45 pm »
Phillip has already posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth repeating.

This is a clip of Joe Scarborough (MSNBC) reacting to John Gibson's (Fox News) appalling jokes and highly insensitive comments about Heath's death....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ZHN-Gl8V0[/youtube]

Good on you Joe!!!  :-*

injest

« Reply #2378 on: January 25, 2008, 09:13:48 pm »
well here in East Texas they talked about it quite a bit...they even had a doctor come on and talk about taking OTC med with prescriptions...they devoted a whole segment (10 minutes to it) and then ended with that song "He was a Friend of Mine" and some pics of Heath in various roles...it was nice.

and the Dallas paper had him in there two days.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2379 on: January 26, 2008, 12:13:57 am »
Phillip has already posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth repeating.

This is a clip of Joe Scarborough (MSNBC) reacting to John Gibson's (Fox News) appalling jokes and highly insensitive comments about Heath's death....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ZHN-Gl8V0[/youtube]

Good on you Joe!!!  :-*

OH MY GOD!
I want to vomit then I want to kick the shit out of that bastard.
It doesn't matter who it is that is just wrong to ridicule someone who has died.
But the implications that were made using the lines from Brokeback are worse than disgusting.
To me that is sacreligous. To take those words that meant so much to me and twist them to ridicule that poor young man after his death, thats just beyond obscene!
I am so angry.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"