Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162161 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2750 on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:27 am »
Rottwieller gets picked up by a tornado and dropped a block away...

http://cbs2chicago.com/watercooler/tornado.lifts.dog.2.743773.html

Poor puppy!! Glad he is ok!

I saw this on the news!! Poor Chase!!  :'(  :'(  :'(

I'm so glad he came out from the tornado unharmed. It must have bee TERRIFYING for him.  >:(  :(

If that sort of thing ever happened to Cody, I'd like to die. I'd much rather be sucked up into a tornado than him. He would be so scared and suffering. It makes me cry just to think about it.  :'( :'(

I hope Chase is okay now. They said on the news he had some scratches on his face, but otherwise he's fine. But he's been acting aggresive, probably out of fear from what he's been through. Can you even imagine being sucked up into a tornado, swirling violently around in there and then spit out a block away? Poor Chase!!  :'( :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2751 on: June 11, 2008, 01:02:25 am »

I saw this on the news!! Poor Chase!!  :'(  :'(  :'(

I'm so glad he came out from the tornado unharmed. It must have bee TERRIFYING for him.  >:(  :(

If that sort of thing ever happened to Cody, I'd like to die. I'd much rather be sucked up into a tornado than him. He would be so scared and suffering. It makes me cry just to think about it.  :'( :'(

I hope Chase is okay now. They said on the news he had some scratches on his face, but otherwise he's fine. But he's been acting aggresive, probably out of fear from what he's been through. Can you even imagine being sucked up into a tornado, swirling violently around in there and then spit out a block away? Poor Chase!!  :'( :'(

I am glad he got back to his owner. That will be more of a comfort to him than anything else. I am sure he will be ok in a little while.

Poor dog. You know people think Rotts are real mean but they really aren't. Every one I ever knew was a big ol baby...

injest

« Reply #2752 on: June 11, 2008, 01:04:58 am »

{{{David}}}

I am the tortoishell (cause they are always girls) and YOU are the ginger tabby!!

;D ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2753 on: June 11, 2008, 01:10:05 am »
I am glad he got back to his owner. That will be more of a comfort to him than anything else. I am sure he will be ok in a little while.

Poor dog. You know people think Rotts are real mean but they really aren't. Every one I ever knew was a big ol baby...

My friend Sally in Evansville had a Rottweiler named Sheba. She was the sweetest dog. She'd come over and lay her head on my lap every time I went over there. I love dogs, and they love me too for some reason. My mother said I had a horse spirit, but I think I have a dog/wolf spirit too. They love me. Dogs never bark at me, and even the (supposedly) meanest dogs give me no problems at all. It's always been that way.

Yes, I think Chase will be fine. He needs some time to adjust, along with lots of hugs, cuddles and kisses from his owners. :)

injest

« Reply #2754 on: June 11, 2008, 01:13:34 am »
My friend Sally in Evansville had a Rottweiler named Sheba. She was the sweetest dog. She'd come over and lay her head on my lap every time I went over there. I love dogs, and they love me too for some reason. My mother said I had a horse spirit, but I think I have a dog/wolf spirit too. They love me. Dogs never bark at me, and even the (supposedly) meanest dogs give me no problems at all. It's always been that way.

Yes, I think Chase will be fine. He needs some time to adjust, along with lots of hugs, cuddles and kisses from his owners. :)

I think animals can read people very well...they understand things we cant' see.

If my dogs dont' like someone I always know to watch that person.  >:(

I think a horse spirit would have good instincts too. Horses are very healing.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2755 on: June 11, 2008, 01:31:15 am »
I think animals can read people very well...they understand things we cant' see.

If my dogs dont' like someone I always know to watch that person.  >:(

I think a horse spirit would have good instincts too. Horses are very healing.

The wicasha wakan of the tribe gave me the name Yamni Tasunka (Three Spirit Horses) just after I was born. I have no idea why, but I don't doubt his decision. Anyway, I've always felt I was more of a wolf/dog person (sunkmanitu tanka).

I've always loved dogs and wolves. :)

But I love horses too. I love all animals. :D

injest

« Reply #2756 on: June 11, 2008, 01:37:11 am »
The wicasha wakan of the tribe gave me the name Yamni Tasunka (Three Spirit Horses) just after I was born. I have no idea why, but I don't doubt his decision. Anyway, I've always felt I was more of a wolf/dog person (sunkmanitu tanka).

I've always loved dogs and wolves. :)

Maybe he saw how being around you is healing and joyful for others? Maybe he saw you as a horse spirit for how you affect those around you... I know for me that you are a comforting and safe spirit to be around.

But I also think you know yourself and how you feel. I don't know what I think of the wolf spirit but the dog spirit doesn't seem to be that far from a horse spirit to me. Loyal and protective....a strong urge to be part of a pack... (but what do I know really about any of the spirits!!  :P )

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2757 on: June 11, 2008, 02:01:18 am »
Maybe he saw how being around you is healing and joyful for others? Maybe he saw you as a horse spirit for how you affect those around you... I know for me that you are a comforting and safe spirit to be around.

But I also think you know yourself and how you feel. I don't know what I think of the wolf spirit but the dog spirit doesn't seem to be that far from a horse spirit to me. Loyal and protective....a strong urge to be part of a pack... (but what do I know really about any of the spirits!!  :P )

I admire those the most who are named for plants and trees, chun humpi ska, or "tree souls" quite literally the sugar of the tree. It must be disappointing for some Lakota  because plants do not respond to us, at least not physically.  But they DO respond if one takes the time to listen. And it breaks my heart each time one of them is cut down and destroyed unnecessarily. They are living creatures and worthy of respect. If only we would take the time to listen to them, along with all the other parts of nature. But we do not listen. They are crying to us... hanblecheyapi.... if only we would listen to them. :(

I would feel honored to be called a tree spirit. :)

Trees and plants sustain us.

injest

« Reply #2758 on: June 11, 2008, 02:08:18 am »
I admire those the most who are named for plants and trees, chun humpi ska, or "tree souls" quite literally the sugar of the tree. it must be disappointing because plants do not respond to us, at least not consciously.  But they DO respond if one takes the time to listen. And it breaks my heart each time one of them is cut down and destroyed unneccessarily. They are living creatures and worthy of respect. If only we would take the time to listen to them, along with all the other parts of nature. They are crying to us... hanblecheyapi.... if only we would listen to them. :(

I would feel honored to be called a tree spirit. :)

Trees and plants sustain us.

but they have to be cut to do what they are meant to, dont' they?

I agree though about the unnecessary. Here they are strip mining...tearing down the ancient forests and leaving moonscapes behind....it looks like the earth itself is wounded. I think of all the animals that have lost their homes...and the ecology that will never be the same. the law requires them to replant so they come back with cheap pine trees...all the old live oaks and cypress and pecans...all gone forever.

Someone said, "the land is not sacred, and they will replant it...you won't be able to tell the difference" and my answer was "Don't you think it is a tad sacreligous to think we can do as good a job replanting in a couple of decades as God did over the course of a millenia??"   >:( >:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2759 on: June 11, 2008, 02:24:02 am »
but they have to be cut to do what they are meant to, dont' they?

I agree though about the unnecessary. Here they are strip mining...tearing down the ancient forests and leaving moonscapes behind....it looks like the earth itself is wounded. I think of all the animals that have lost their homes...and the ecology that will never be the same. the law requires them to replant so they come back with cheap pine trees...all the old live oaks and cypress and pecans...all gone forever.

Someone said, "the land is not sacred, and they will replant it...you won't be able to tell the difference" and my answer was "Don't you think it is a tad sacreligous to think we can do as good a job replanting in a couple of decades as God did over the course of a millenia??"   >:( >:( >:(

But we continue to take. Even when we really don't have to.

We take because we CAN. And the universe suffers for it, and ultimately so will we. As Christ said "they know not what they do". We take and take. And we continue to take.

Plants and animals will happily give themselves up for mankind, this is a firm Sioux belief, but to take without discretion or forethought is an act that ALL, including the Human race will suffer for in the long run.