Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161617 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3380 on: December 31, 2008, 02:13:37 am »
When my cousin and I were litttle kids we used to try and sing it, but we got confused about or at least I did of which part we were supposed to sing. So I would sing things like don't let them say your hairs too long and of course that wasn't right. I actually included all that in something I wrote for my uncle's funeral cause the preacher didn't know how close our families were and the memories we had.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3381 on: December 31, 2008, 02:13:46 am »
He put those little pins in his map to mark all the places he wanted to visit. OMG--that made me bawl. And he tried to get his grandparents and his mom to make nice. The girl at camp liked him ,but her parents made her break up. He was so nice and things hardly ever worked out for him. How sad was all that? The biker guys were always good to him tho.

yes, the blind girl. She was so sweet. Remember how he taught her what red and blue (and pink) "looked" like? She didn't understand colors... or clouds. He handed her some cotton I think to show her what clouds looked like. She loved him but like you said, her parents interferred. >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3382 on: December 31, 2008, 02:16:05 am »
Jack, if you are sober and if there is a Wal-mart near you, you should go there and buy Mama Mia right now!!

I can't believe you haven't seen it!! If you can't make it there tonight, go and buy it tomorrow, okay? Meryl Streep was awesome in it, and it has all the ABBA songs in it... just like the Broadway version.

I have to go and by a computer desk and a stereo cabinet and a nightstand tomorrow so I will buy it then. Hey do any of you know a good place I can get those kind of things. I love Abba. I have all their original old 45s......lol.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3383 on: December 31, 2008, 02:16:06 am »
When my cousin and I were litttle kids we used to try and sing it, but we got confused about or at least I did of which part we were supposed to sing. So I would sing things like don't let them say your hairs too long and of course that wasn't right. I actually included all that in something I wrote for my uncle's funeral cause the preacher didn't know how close our families were and the memories we had.

:'(  :'(  :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3384 on: December 31, 2008, 02:19:24 am »
I have to go and by a computer desk and a stereo cabinet and a nightstand tomorrow so I will buy it then. Hey do any of you know a good place I can get those kind of things. I love Abba. I have all their original old 45s......lol.

I was raised on ABBA too Jack! I still have them on vinyl but mostly on 33's.... and a few on 45s.

Please get Mamma Mia tomorrow and then we can talk about it after you've watched it. If you don't like it, I'll send you a check to reimburse you for the purchase price, okay? Either way, you win! :-*

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3385 on: December 31, 2008, 02:21:40 am »
David, I should make a copy of this CD I am listening to now and send it to you so you can see how wide my tastes in music are..........this has jumped from the 90s, 80s, 50s, and God only knows what else. No wonder my music threads are so fu***ed up.........LOL. If I started a radio station like Eric it would certainly be very unpredictable. This same one had country songs in it too......lol

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3386 on: December 31, 2008, 02:35:38 am »
Mama Mia was on my queue at Blockbuster Online, and they sent me an email yesterday to inform me that they've shipped it.  It should be here tomorrow or Friday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it now that I know you're so enthusiastic about it, David.

Gary!!! You'll LOVE IT!!!! If you don't I'll send YOU a reimbursment check too! ;)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3387 on: December 31, 2008, 02:37:54 am »
Handing out checks, huh? I want one!!!!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3388 on: December 31, 2008, 02:41:42 am »
Handing out checks, huh? I want one!!!!  ;D

Have you seen Mamma Mia yet Shasta? If not go buy it and if you don't like it I'll send you one! ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3389 on: December 31, 2008, 02:42:40 am »
Gawd! Universal Pictures should put me on their payroll with all this promotion! ;D