Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2165708 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3440 on: January 03, 2009, 08:45:27 pm »
Speaking of ghostly things I was talking to this guy I know on the phone last night. I was telling him about my nightmares about my ex being back and he said that I may should get a sage wand or something like that to get rid of his spirit. I said that I thought it was just still bad memories that float around in my mind still, but he said it definitely could be more than that. Now that is scary to think about. He also said that I should be able to easily find that in Asheville cause Asheville is known for having many ghosts as well as many pagans who can get rid of things like that. It sounds like an exorcism to me  :) Maybe I could have a seance too  ;)

*Jess not coming in here again without her finger filters on!*

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3441 on: January 03, 2009, 09:03:24 pm »
*Jess not coming in here again without her finger filters on!*

What are finger filters???

injest

« Reply #3442 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:54 pm »
What are finger filters???

you know...when you hold your fingers in front of your eyes and peek thru them to make things less scary...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3444 on: January 03, 2009, 11:22:18 pm »
Yup! That's him Chuck! :)

What the hell, I'm gonna put him on up here....

He's totally gorgeous, isn't he?

I'm not sure if I understand this picture, but I find it strangely erotic...

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3445 on: January 03, 2009, 11:34:12 pm »
Speaking of ghostly things I was talking to this guy I know on the phone last night. I was telling him about my nightmares about my ex being back and he said that I may should get a sage wand or something like that to get rid of his spirit. I said that I thought it was just still bad memories that float around in my mind still, but he said it definitely could be more than that. Now that is scary to think about. He also said that I should be able to easily find that in Asheville cause Asheville is known for having many ghosts as well as many pagans who can get rid of things like that. It sounds like an exorcism to me  :) Maybe I could have a seance too  ;)

Jack, did he pass away, and now you think he's come back?

My lover Cody passed away a number of years ago. He's the guy I named my dog after. He sometimes comes back. I've seen him a few times standing next to my bed when I wake up. He once appeared in my car as I was driving down the highway one night. He never says anything. He just looks at me and smiles. I think he's protecting me.

One thing you must remember, these are people who love us. I believe we are constantly surrounded by our family and friends who have passed away. It's just most of the time we don't see them. But they are still around us whether we can see them or not. They surround us because they love us and they want to take care of us and make sure we are not in any danger.

Do you feel threatened by this person? If he loved you in life, he certainly wouldn't want to hurt you now. Just the opposite. His love for you greatly increased at the moment of his death. If you don't want him around, just ask him to leave. Be nice about it, but let him know you don't like his visits. After doing this, if you continue to see him or sense his presence you can always contact someone to help you.

Sage is often used in Lakota households. My Mother used it all the time. She used it to bless us, to bless the house and for protection and for spiritual cleansing. It smells terrible though- at least I think it does. You might want to crack a window or two before you light it. You can buy it in any store selling religious and spritual supplies. We call them smudge sticks. The stick is actually a small bundle of sage. When you light it it will start smoking like crazy.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3446 on: January 04, 2009, 01:40:23 am »
Jack, did he pass away, and now you think he's come back?

My lover Cody passed away a number of years ago. He's the guy I named my dog after. He sometimes comes back. I've seen him a few times standing next to my bed when I wake up. He once appeared in my car as I was driving down the highway one night. He never says anything. He just looks at me and smiles. I think he's protecting me.

One thing you must remember, these are people who love us. I believe we are constantly surrounded by our family and friends who have passed away. It's just most of the time we don't see them. But they are still around us whether we can see them or not. They surround us because they love us and they want to take care of us and make sure we are not in any danger.

Do you feel threatened by this person? If he loved you in life, he certainly wouldn't want to hurt you now. Just the opposite. His love for you greatly increased at the moment of his death. If you don't want him around, just ask him to leave. Be nice about it, but let him know you don't like his visits. After doing this, if you continue to see him or sense his presence you can always contact someone to help you.

Sage is often used in Lakota households. My Mother used it all the time. She used it to bless us, to bless the house and for protection and for spiritual cleansing. It smells terrible though- at least I think it does. You might want to crack a window or two before you light it. You can buy it in any store selling religious and spritual supplies. We call them smudge sticks. The stick is actually a small bundle of sage. When you light it it will start smoking like crazy.

It's a rather long story David. I am glad to know that you know what this guy was talking about with sage sticks. I would say that my ex and I had a LOT of unresolved issues. I felt rather threatened by him in life there towards the end so the nightmares are not pleasant at all. I will write you more about it. Like I say it is a long story.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3447 on: January 04, 2009, 01:51:26 am »
I'm so sorry you are having nightmares about it Jack. Nightmares are terrible! I have some recurring nightmares too. You really don't have to explain your situation unless you want to Jack. Although, I may have some suggestions for you. I'm a good listener anyway.. and I DO care about you!

In the meantime!

Gaze at those pictures of Zak I posted up above. He will give you nice dreams and keep the nightmares away!

He's a cutie, isn't he? If you get the Travel Channel you can watch Zak every Friday night at 9:00 PM Eastern. Most Haunted comes on just after Ghost Adventures, at 10:00 pm ET. And yes, they will most definitely re-air the Sleepy Hollow episode, probably very soon! It was really good. They camped out in the grave yard, and Karl climbed into an open grave in the mausoleum and Stuart shut him in there. Lots of weird things happened. They spent some time in the woods too. It was a very interesting episode.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3448 on: January 04, 2009, 02:13:18 am »
I'm so sorry you are having nightmares about it Jack. Nightmares are terrible! I have some recurring nightmares too. You really don't have to explain your situation unless you want to Jack. Although, I may have some suggestions for you. I'm a good listener anyway.. and I DO care about you!

In the meantime!

Gaze at those pictures of Zak I posted up above. He will give you nice dreams and keep the nightmares away!

He's a cutie, isn't he? If you get the Travel Channel you can watch Zak every Friday night at 9:00 PM Eastern. Most Haunted comes on just after Ghost Adventures, at 10:00 pm ET. And yes, they will most definitely re-air the Sleepy Hollow episode, probably very soon! It was really good. They camped out in the grave yard, and Karl climbed into an open grave in the mausoleum and Stuart shut him in there. Lots of weird things happened. They spent some time in the woods too. It was a very interesting episode.

Thank you David!!! I will definitely recount the story to you, probably in a PM. And by the way I do care about you too. I can tell from our conversations that you are truly a very nice and interesting person. Yes, Zak is a cutie so that will give me good dreams tonight for sure. I do get the Travel Channel so I will have to remember on Firday nights.

Are you full native American? If so I am sure you do know a lot about things of this nature. I need to read the first part of your blog from the time before I came to Bettermost and that would probably answer that question. Have you ever heard much about Asheville? Supposedly there are a lot of spirit type happenings around this area which has brought a lot of people here who are interested in things like that.

Also, have you ever heard of a group called "Creepers." They go into old abandoned buildings trying to locate spirits, ghosts, and the like. There is a book I have read about them called "Creepers" I believe they are also called Urban Explorers.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3449 on: January 04, 2009, 02:23:57 am »
Thank you David!!! I will definitely recount the story to you, probably in a PM. And by the way I do care about you too. I can tell from our conversations that you are truly a very nice and interesting person. Yes, Zak is a cutie so that will give me good dreams tonight for sure. I do get the Travel Channel so I will have to remember on Firday nights.

Are you full native American? If so I am sure you do know a lot about things of this nature. I need to read the first part of your blog from the time before I came to Bettermost and that would probably answer that question. Have you ever heard much about Asheville? Supposedly there are a lot of spirit type happenings around this area which has brought a lot of people here who are interested in things like that.

Also, have you ever heard of a group called "Creepers." They go into old abandoned buildings trying to locate spirits, ghosts, and the like. There is a book I have read about them called "Creepers" I believe they are also called Urban Explorers.

I have never heard of Creepers before, but they sound like a group I'd love to hang with!

Yes, I am familiar with Asheville. I've been there several times in the past and my parents went there MANY times. They loved it. It's an incredibly beautiful part of the country, but I didn't know about the paranormal aspect of it.

I once went to the Biltmore house (sp?) during Christmas many years ago. It was a one day trip. We flew down there with a travel group called AmbassadAir, spent the day in Asheville, and then flew back to Indy later that night.

As far as my Native heritage, no I am not a full Native American. I'm roughly 1/3. I am one quarter Lakota and I can also claim a little Choctaw (they were a SOUTHERN tribe btw.) The rest of me is English, Dutch, French and Romanian. I also claim a little African-American from my Mother's side. My Grandma called me a "duke's mixture" whatever THAT means! :laugh: