Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162015 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3510 on: January 10, 2009, 08:49:44 pm »
Hey David, I have to catch up on what has been going on. The only thing I know so far is that you saved your father's house from burning down. I have been scarce lately cause of all the work I have myself involved in, but I plan to be on later tonight........maybe I will even play poker with Brad and Jess  ;D Anyway, you should have a pm from me too.......remember that little orange box at the top  ;)

injest

« Reply #3511 on: January 10, 2009, 08:56:51 pm »
Hey David, I have to catch up on what has been going on. The only thing I know so far is that you saved your father's house from burning down. I have been scarce lately cause of all the work I have myself involved in, but I plan to be on later tonight........maybe I will even play poker with Brad and Jess  ;D Anyway, you should have a pm from me too.......remember that little orange box at the top  ;)

bring it! I'll take your 50 cent!

;D ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3512 on: January 10, 2009, 10:15:31 pm »

Hey Jack!!

I'm glad you are back again. I missed you. I was afraid you were mad at me about something, but I couldn't figure out why.

I will read your PM. Thanks for telling me about it. Have you watched Mamma Mia yet? ;D

I keep nagging him and nagging him to watch it. :laugh:

{{{{JACK}}}}}

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3513 on: January 10, 2009, 10:21:41 pm »

Investigations uncovered the oldest,sat up in his room with 2 bare wires and a stunned expression. He had dismantled something and decided to see the effect of bare wires in an electrical socket !!!!

When I cast my mind back over some of his escapades, it seems miraculous that he is still alive.

Oh my god Fiona! I know it isn't funny at all, but when I read that, I had an image in my head, like in one of those cartoons, where they get an electrical shock, their head rotates a full 360, eyes bulge out, smoke pours from their ears and their hair stands straight up on end.

Thank god he wasn't hurt! Hopefully he never tried anything like that again. I've often wondered how my parents survived my childhood. I'm surprised they both didn't suffer massive heart attacks from some of the crap I pulled in my youth. In fact I sometimes wonder how I even survived it. I did some really stupid things back then. :-\

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3514 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:09 pm »
Once when I was 5 or 6 years old, I decided to climb into the front seat of my Dad's Chrysler and start pushing buttons. Instead of a gear shift or gear selector in the steering column, it had buttons on the dash for each gear - a button for reverse, neutral, drive, park, etc. I'm not sure which one I pushed, probably the neutral button - because the car started rolling down the driveway with only half of me in it. I started hollering and Dad came running out of the garage, threw me out of the car and into the yard, and managed to stop the car just before it rolled into the street.

Another time I was playing in the car and I pushed in the cigarette lighter. When it popped out I looked inside it - "Oh what a pretty color!" and I stuck my finger in there and touched it. I had little circular "grill marks" on my finger for weeks.

I also remember sticking a metal knife into the toaster and getting a huge shock. It caused the lights to go out in the house. I'll never forget that feeling of having all that electricity go through my body. I'll never forget the feeling of Dad's hand upside my head either. :P

injest

« Reply #3515 on: January 10, 2009, 10:53:41 pm »
Once when I was 5 or 6 years old, I decided to climb into the front seat of my Dad's Chrysler and start pushing buttons. Instead of a gear shift or gear selector in the steering column, it had buttons on the dash for each gear - a button for reverse, neutral, drive, park, etc. I'm not sure which one I pushed, probably the neutral button - because the car started rolling down the driveway with only half of me in it. I started hollering and Dad came running out of the garage, threw me out of the car and into the yard, and managed to stop the car just before it rolled into the street.

Another time I was playing in the car and I pushed in the cigarette lighter. When it popped out I looked inside it - "Oh what a pretty color!" and I stuck my finger in there and touched it. I had little circular "grill marks" on my finger for weeks.

I also remember sticking a metal knife into the toaster and getting a huge shock. It caused the lights to go out in the house. I'll never forget that feeling of having all that electricity go through my body. I'll never forget the feeling of Dad's hand upside my head either. :P

I think it is so sweet....the picture of his panic when he came out and saw you hanging out of the car!

I bet his heart was in his throat! I am glad he rescued you!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3516 on: January 11, 2009, 01:32:26 am »
I think it is so sweet....the picture of his panic when he came out and saw you hanging out of the car!

I bet his heart was in his throat! I am glad he rescued you!

Thanks Jess! Dad clearly remembers it happening. So do I! :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3517 on: January 11, 2009, 01:36:37 am »
I'm watching The Real World on MTV. They have a gay guy on there named JD and they ALSO have a transgendered person named Kaitlyn. Both of them are from Florida. Kaitlyn is scared to tell the other roommate she used to be a man. She's afraid how they might react, so she is confiding in JD and JD told her he will have her back. I thought that was really sweet. :)

JD is quite cute. They also have a Mormon guy in the house. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to JD and Kaitlyn once he finds out about them.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3518 on: January 11, 2009, 01:37:39 am »
Hey Jack!!

I'm glad you are back again. I missed you. I was afraid you were mad at me about something, but I couldn't figure out why.

I will read your PM. Thanks for telling me about it. Have you watched Mamma Mia yet? ;D

I keep nagging him and nagging him to watch it. :laugh:

{{{{JACK}}}}}

Well thanks David for missing me. I am definitely not mad about you about anything. Hey you should know that  :) I don't think that is going to happen.

But you might be mad at me cause I have only watched the very first part of Mamma Mia even though I went out and bought it the next day after you told me about it. My problem right now is too much work and yes I know I should be thankful for that with so many other people being out of work. For some reason I have more work now than I have ever had, but that has something to do with the fact that I got my masters degree right before the economy went down the hill. That made me eligible for teaching at community colleges and teaching distance education classes which happens to be in big demand right now. Believe me things don't usually go that way for me, wonder what I could do for love  ;D

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3519 on: January 11, 2009, 01:39:46 am »
David, you have a pm in the orange box again  ;)