Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2155798 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3640 on: January 24, 2009, 02:21:32 am »
Hey everyone. I was just running a train in Train Simulator and I thought about David. I am taking a long Monon freight from Chicago to Indiana Broad Ripple. I was just picking up autoracks at the Ford Plant at MP 17.5. The Monon is long gone, and most of the trackage has been abandon, but in my simulator, it is 1960 something, so the railroad along with many others is alive and well. I have  the Full MONON Railroad, The Milwaukee Road Latta Division by Bedford Indiana, Chicago, Chicago suburbs and Joliet, Illinois, and NYC P&E Crawfordsville to Indianapolis Sub.

Brad

that sounds like fun! so are the cars from the 60s too??

pnwDUDE

« Reply #3641 on: January 24, 2009, 02:40:14 am »
that sounds like fun! so are the cars from the 60s too??

Yep Jess...freight, passenger cars, and of course locomotives. I love the smokey Alco's and the burbling sound they make.

Brad

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3642 on: January 24, 2009, 02:46:09 am »
Yep Jess...freight, passenger cars, and of course locomotives. I love the smokey Alco's and the burbling sound they make.

Brad

Oh man, Brad, that sounds like fun........I love trains

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3643 on: January 24, 2009, 02:47:22 am »
Is Train Simulator a game on the PC or on something like W11

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3644 on: January 24, 2009, 02:51:46 am »
Hey everyone. I was just running a train in Train Simulator and I thought about David. I am taking a long Monon freight from Chicago to Indiana Broad Ripple. I was just picking up autoracks at the Ford Plant at MP 17.5. The Monon is long gone, and most of the trackage has been abandon, but in my simulator, it is 1960 something, so the railroad along with many others is alive and well. I have  the Full MONON Railroad, The Milwaukee Road Latta Division by Bedford Indiana, Chicago, Chicago suburbs and Joliet, Illinois, and NYC P&E Crawfordsville to Indianapolis Sub.

Brad

That's really cool Brad! I've wondered about those train simulators! Are they fun? I love the flight simulators, but I haven't bought the train simulator yet. Are you using the one made by Microsoft?

The good ole Monon! I often go jogging on the Monon Trail and part of the railroad tracks from the Monon Line are there. They've fixed up part of the trail and the part you can walk/jog/bike on stretches from north Carmel to Indianapolis. I hope they fix up more of it. They probably will. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3645 on: January 24, 2009, 02:56:07 am »
Ok David, we now have Cody the dog and Code the cat

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3646 on: January 24, 2009, 02:58:07 am »
Ok David, we now have Cody the dog and Code the cat

Awww! There he is!!! :-*

He's so cute!! I love him! :D

You should keep him in your avatar Jack. He's a very beautiful cat.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3647 on: January 24, 2009, 03:00:45 am »
Awww! There he is!!! :-*

He's so cute!! I love him! :D

You should keep him in your avatar Jack. He's a very beautiful cat.

Thank you David!!! He just sent you a big kiss  ;) Cody the dog is a beautiful dog too. And hey how is your new monitor doing? I bought a whole new computer from Circuit City about two weeks ago cause mine died. The salesman said then that Circuit City would be around for many, many years.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3648 on: January 24, 2009, 03:06:54 am »
Jack, I know I already asked you this, but I can't seem to find the place where I posted it... so I'm going to ask you again! :laugh:

Will you be watching Prayers For Bobby with us tomorrow night? It comes on at 9pm our time (Eastern). Jess said she will be watching it too.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3649 on: January 24, 2009, 03:09:24 am »
Thank you David!!! He just sent you a big kiss  ;) Cody the dog is a beautiful dog too. And hey how is your new monitor doing? I bought a whole new computer from Circuit City about two weeks ago cause mine died. The salesman said then that Circuit City would be around for many, many years.

He said they would be around for years? Was that before they announced they would be closing their stores? I hate to see them go. CC was my favorite electronics store. That's where I bought my Canon G9!

My new monitor is doing just fine! I'm getting used to the new stretched look, just like Jess said I would.