Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2161703 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3930 on: March 07, 2009, 01:34:05 am »
Je t'aime ma cherie, je t'aime! :-*

La plume de ma tante!! :laugh:

Just remember I cheated on my French test! And THAT was more than 30 years ago! :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3931 on: March 07, 2009, 01:45:56 am »
Je t'aime ma cherie, je t'aime! :-*

La plume de ma tante!! :laugh:

Just remember I cheated on my French test! And THAT was more than 30 years ago! :P

that's ok, I don't know French so you could be ordering breakfast and I wouldn't know...

now if Sheriff Roland wandered in...HE would set us all straight...(in a manner of speaking...)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3932 on: March 07, 2009, 01:56:43 am »
Well, "la plume de ma tante" is something people say to indicate they have forgotten how to speak French. It means "my aunt's pen".

Whatever. ::)

"Je t'aime ma cherie" means "I love you my dear" but I can't guarantee if I spelled it correctly.

My Mom insisted I learn French because of our Creole heritage. It's a nice language but very difficult to learn. Mom spoke it fluently, and she also spoke Lakota. I spoke Dutch as a youth, but I've forgotten most of that too. You know what they say... if you don't use it you'll lose it. :(

injest

« Reply #3933 on: March 07, 2009, 01:59:42 am »
Well, "la plume de ma tante" is something people say to indicate they have forgotten how to speak French. It means "my aunt's pen".

Whatever. ::)

"Je t'aime ma cherie" means "I love you my dear" but I can't guarantee if I spelled it correctly.

My Mom insisted I learn French because of our Creole heritage. It's a nice language but very difficult to learn. Mom spoke it fluently, and she also spoke Lakota. I spoke Dutch as a youth, but I've forgotten most of that too. You know what they say... if you don't use it you'll lose it. :(

well I am impressed as heck! I only know English. (sorta)

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3934 on: March 07, 2009, 02:11:25 am »
I remember my Dutch Grandfather telling me that the Dutch language is the closest language to English. In fact, up in the Frisian islands (far north in the Netherlands) the version of Dutch is so close to English that a Dutch speaking person and an English speaking person can actually talk to each other in their native languages and undersand each other, or at least get the "gist" of what the other person is saying.

Anyway, there's a little trivia for you. But you write eloquently Jess. I've always been impressed by your command of the English language. I love reading your posts for that very reason alone! :D

injest

« Reply #3935 on: March 07, 2009, 02:13:41 am »
I remember my Dutch Grandfather telling me that the Dutch language is the closest language to English. In fact, up in the Frisian islands (far north in the Netherlands) the version of Dutch is so close to English that a Dutch speaking person and an English speaking person can actually talk to each other in their native languages and undersand each other, or at least get the "gist" of what the other person is saying.

Anyway, there's a little trivia for you. But you write eloquently Jess. I've always been impressed by your command of the English language. I love reading your posts for that very reason alone! :D

Pffft go on with you! you silver tongued devil you!!

:-* :-*

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3936 on: March 07, 2009, 06:39:10 am »
I thought I was having a hot flash until I looked at the thermometer. :P

Do guys get hot flashes!?!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3937 on: March 07, 2009, 10:55:51 pm »
Do guys get hot flashes!?!

Oh yes absolutely. We suffer from hot flashes. I think it comes as a part of our midlife crisis. Most guys don't want to talk about them though. Some gay guys will... like me for example!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3938 on: March 08, 2009, 01:53:02 am »
I managed to relax today and avoid any panic attacks. Cody and I watched some Harry Potter movies on ABC Family. They have been airing Harry Potter all weekend, and more will be on tomorrow. Those kids are SOOO cute! The movies are very cute too, and so are the books. I'm looking forward to seeing the new one coming out this summer. :)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3939 on: March 08, 2009, 01:58:41 am »
Oh yes absolutely. We suffer from hot flashes. I think it comes as a part of our midlife crisis. Most guys don't want to talk about them though. Some gay guys will... like me for example!

When does that happen  ??? And what happens when it happens  ???