Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  (Read 10198 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 09:07:53 pm »
Most of the weekend was a literal washout.  We had rain all day Saturday and Sunday.  I didn't have any plans, so I wasn't bothered, but I'm sure a lot of people were upset.

Monday was overcast at first, but by 1:00 the sun came out.  Went to my friends' house for a bbq at about 4:00, was home by 9:00.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 05:26:36 pm »
I hope it is a happy long weekend for everyone! I'd like to take a break from the incessant yard work but it isn't possible. I'll just try not to overdo it. Today my second oldest grandson helped me with the three yards over at my rental house. We had two weed whackers going and made quite a bit of progress.

Yesterday I was part of a 7-person team who volunteered at a lady's house who was in the hospital with breathing problems. We made good progress there too. We even took down a dead tree. I didn't tell anyone this but I noticed when I arrived there that her garden was in better shape than mine!

Somewhere I have the business card of a guy who helped out a couple of years ago. Why I haven't called him and gotten some relief, I just don't know.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: Today at 03:56:33 pm »
I'm having my own private (unfortunately  :(  ) indoor Memorial Day picnic for supper today here at the house. I'm having shredded (maybe pulled?) pork barbecue, potato salad, and baked lima beans, with fresh strawberries for dessert.

Tomorrow afternoon I need to head back to my own place. Before I do, I'll go by the diner for their half-pound Angus cheeseburger.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.