Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2611605 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1600 on: October 05, 2007, 08:54:15 am »
Okay, this make me angry. The link below is for the Bristol Herald Courrier in Bristol, Virginia-Tennessee where I went to college. I don't endorse the type of behavior these men are accused of, but equally I don't condone their names, address and photos being published.

If there was a problem at this park, I think local law enforcement could have made a presence there and run them off. Insted they entrapped them, humiliated them and told the world who they are, to try them in a court of public opinion.

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/news.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2007-10-01-0040.html
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #1601 on: October 05, 2007, 09:16:04 am »
I think its wrong too to print their names and addresses in the Newspaper for the world to see.  Im totally against it.  It aint right.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1602 on: October 05, 2007, 09:19:42 am »
That ain't right, to publish their street addresses like that.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1603 on: October 05, 2007, 09:22:00 am »
Did you read the part where one guy killed himself, presumably because of the potential public humiliation?  There are better ways of dealing with this.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1604 on: October 05, 2007, 09:31:37 am »
Did you read the part where one guy killed himself, presumably because of the potential public humiliation?  There are better ways of dealing with this.

I did. Its alful, they printed that almost like they were gleeful about it.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1605 on: October 05, 2007, 09:33:59 am »
I did. Its alful, they printed that almost like they were gleeful about it.
Sounded like they were. What ever happened till innocent until proven guilty?
I think it should be illegal to post addresses in the paper. These men were arrested not convicted.
It's a very sad world we live in sometimes. :-\
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1606 on: October 05, 2007, 09:49:39 am »

Yes, I did. That's terrible, and sad.  :(

Sounded like they were. What ever happened till innocent until proven guilty?
I think it should be illegal to post addresses in the paper. These men were arrested not convicted.
It's a very sad world we live in sometimes. :-\

Seems like it's the other way 'round when it comes to gay sex in a public place.

It's like a witch hunt. No way to "prove" you're innocent, even if you are. Once you're accused, the damage is done.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1607 on: October 05, 2007, 10:47:31 am »
Okay, this make me angry. The link below is for the Bristol Herald Courrier in Bristol, Virginia-Tennessee where I went to college. I don't endorse the type of behavior these men are accused of, but equally I don't condone their names, address and photos being published.

If there was a problem at this park, I think local law enforcement could have made a presence there and run them off. Insted they entrapped them, humiliated them and told the world who they are, to try them in a court of public opinion.

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/news.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2007-10-01-0040.html

:o :o :o

I'm sorry, I'm so too shocked to mince my words: This is unbelievably shocking. Why is this legal in the US?
This is unimaginable for me.

It is pilloyring. It's humiliating and inhuman.

On top of it, those people are not even convicted! Only arrested/suspects, as Richard and Jeff pointed out. This is so inconceivable, I'm at a loss of words  >:(.

:o :o :o

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1608 on: October 05, 2007, 11:33:24 am »
speechless

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

moremojo

« Reply #1609 on: October 05, 2007, 11:41:40 am »
I have a friend who was entrapped in a public park, with a plainclothes police officer making verbal advances to him, and when my friend verbally indicated interest,  other police officers hidden in the bush leapt out, jumped him and tazed him, and arrested him on charges of public lewdness. My friend didn't use any profanity, there was no exposure, and not even any body contact (not even a handshake). The officers accused my friend of resisting arrest when he began to run after they leapt at him--he said that for all he knew, in the confusion of the moment, they were gay-bashers.

My friend's photo and name (and those of other men caught up in the same sting operation) were televised on the local news that night, and after he was released on bail, was informed by his employer that he had two options--he could resign or he would be dismissed. He chose to resign without a fight. The charges against him were eventually dropped, but not after much anguish and hardship were endured by him and his loved ones. I am still very angry at the Austin Police Department for this travesty of justice.