Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2613674 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1770 on: October 12, 2007, 08:13:42 am »
Than you Scott, what a nice way to start the day. I love Trisha Yearwood too.

Friday is here. I am hoping you might share some more of your story with us.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1771 on: October 12, 2007, 01:46:11 pm »
On my long commute in this morning, I popped in a Trisha Yearwood CD (I love this woman).  This song came on.  I had heard it in a while, and for some reason, you came to my mind.

You got that right Scott. Trisha Yearwood is great. I haven't heard the CD that song is on. I've got Jasper County and that is good. She is also coming out with a new CD titled Heaven, Heartache and the Power of Love. Amazon says it is coming out on November 13. There is also something there that says you can download the MP3 album now for 89 cents. Surely, that must be a misprint.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1772 on: October 12, 2007, 02:06:46 pm »
Thanks Milli, that does answer my question. I am not sure which I would have a harder time with, the cold or the dark!

The cold would be my problem. Warm dark is better than cold light in my opinion. I remember that in San Francisco it would get cool and breezy, and since we are now in this cold snap I know what the difference is. Although it felt cool out there like in the evenings and a jacket wouldn't have been a bad idea the coolness did not have that bite like it does here. Also, it never went down into the high 30s  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1773 on: October 12, 2007, 02:14:10 pm »
On the Spam debate, I personally don't like it, but I don't dislike it any more than I dislike potted meat. I'm not sure what might be in potted meat, but some people love it. I have an aunt that used to serve Spam for dinner for company. She would called it a Ham dinner and she would take the Spam and cut it up in slices like a ham.

I also remember a girl I was in school with that was fixing sandwiches or something like that for her parent's company. She was using either potted meat or spam one. She ran out and just made the rest from her dog's food. Nobody ever mentioned it.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1774 on: October 12, 2007, 02:50:01 pm »
That reminds me of a story.

A few years ago I was working in a furniture factory and the days news was about this robber that had broken into a house and was shot and killed by the elderly owner. One of my co-works knew the guy, he had always been a bully to him. The bully showed up at this guys house one day when they were about 10 demanding something to eat. So my buddy goes in the kitchen, opens a can of Alpo (dog food for those not familar) and made him a sandwich.

The bully like it so much he demanded a second one.   :laugh:

Scott6373

« Reply #1775 on: October 12, 2007, 02:52:01 pm »
That reminds me of a story.

A few years ago I was working in a furniture factory and the days news was about this robber that had broken into a house and was shot and killed by the elderly owner. One of my co-works knew the guy, he had always been a bully to him. The bully showed up at this guys house one day when they were about 10 demanding something to eat. So my buddy goes in the kitchen, opens a can of Alpo (dog food for those not familar) and made him a sandwich.

The bully like it so much he demanded a second one.   :laugh:

With a little spicy mustard, it might not be half bad

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1776 on: October 12, 2007, 02:53:04 pm »
On the Spam debate, I personally don't like it, but I don't dislike it any more than I dislike potted meat. I'm not sure what might be in potted meat, but some people love it. I have an aunt that used to serve Spam for dinner for company. She would called it a Ham dinner and she would take the Spam and cut it up in slices like a ham.

I also remember a girl I was in school with that was fixing sandwiches or something like that for her parent's company. She was using either potted meat or spam one. She ran out and just made the rest from her dog's food. Nobody ever mentioned it.

Holy crap.. that is nastylllllllllll :P

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1777 on: October 12, 2007, 05:08:44 pm »
Oh!

moremojo

« Reply #1778 on: October 12, 2007, 05:19:28 pm »
Well, the paper published my letter on its website. There have been two others published about the coverage, both of them were against it.

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/opinions/letters.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2007-10-11-0008.html
I commend you for speaking out on this important matter, Truman. You are a true advocate for justice and basic human decency...we need more like you.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1779 on: October 12, 2007, 05:25:20 pm »
You can say that again, Artiste! Sometimes I think some of that stuff is not much different than potted meat.