Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2625768 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3410 on: January 01, 2008, 03:46:49 pm »

:o  :o  :o

I knew Quaker made lots of flavors if instant grits, but all we can get around here is the original.  :-\  :(  >:( I want ham and cheese grits. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3411 on: January 01, 2008, 05:03:05 pm »
Yeah now that would be a good one, but we like you best as who you are  :)
:D   President T is our Shakes, and we are his Shakespeers!!!     ;D :-* :-*
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3412 on: January 01, 2008, 05:04:51 pm »
I luuuuv grits!!   Quick Grits is (are?) aok   :D. I think that's the standard kind.

But myself I don't really go for the instant ...  :P
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3413 on: January 01, 2008, 05:43:27 pm »
2008 begins. In fact from where I sit the sun is going down on it.

An interesting thing has been going on the past few days. I watched a youtube video for the trailer for the movie "For The Bible Tells Me So", which I have yet to see, and following it there was a video responce from a minister to it.

Well the movie does nothing to enlighten this man. He is fire and brimstone and his brother lost his life to Aids at the age of 28, it was really a sad situation. I felt a need to post a responce to him, as others had, and told him I was sorry about his brother, sorry he felt the way he did and that I didn;t expect to change his mind, but I wished him peace anyway.

That has resulted in a back and forth tug of war that got to be a bit unnerving. You know the drill, I am rejecting the will of God for my own will and I am going to hell and I was not born this way. I have tried responding to him in a positive manner but not taking any crap. I told him I forgave him for passing judgement on me, and of course he don't need any of my phoney forgiveness.

The exchange seems to have run its course, but it has left me realizing that outside of this comfort zone I have here, part of an ever expanding one, there are still people out there who hate me. I can wear a poly- cotton blend when I debate them and they will never pick up on it. They choose to hate me and use the Bible as their ammunition.

His responses are here:

He has deleted what I and others said to him.

I will pray for him.  Happy New Year, let the work begin.  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3414 on: January 01, 2008, 06:27:21 pm »
Hard to find a shred of love in any of those responses. He sounds pretty bitter. I wish he'd left your posts.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3415 on: January 01, 2008, 08:41:41 pm »
Dare one ask in which denomination this asswipe poor, wounded soul is a minister?  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #3416 on: January 01, 2008, 08:44:46 pm »
Dare one ask in which denomination this asswipe poor, wounded soul is a minister?  :-\

he don't NEED no stinking papers! He done read his Bible and been TOUCHED by the Lord our GAWD!

and don't you be trying to cross no words with him, you nonbelievin Satan-misled SINNER!!

(whoa! I could be a preacher!! I got this crap DOWN!!)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3417 on: January 01, 2008, 08:48:50 pm »
he don't NEED no stinking papers! He done read his Bible and been TOUCHED by the Lord our GAWD!

Oh, I bet he's touched all right.  ;D  ;)

injest

« Reply #3418 on: January 01, 2008, 08:54:01 pm »
Oh, I bet he's touched all right.  ;D  ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

people see what they want to see in the Bible...amazing how three people can read a passage and get three different ideas on what it means...

and these people want to bring the Bible into school and government.... ::) ::)

Offline lil darlin

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3419 on: January 01, 2008, 09:19:17 pm »
Happy New Year Tru!!  I wish you all the best, always.  Hope your day was grand and that 2008 will be wonderful, full of happiness, love and success.      your friend, :)   glory