Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2618691 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3790 on: February 09, 2008, 12:02:26 pm »
My mind is not here today, it is somewhere in the future, a few years down the road, I do not see myself older than 50. I am walking down a path in Karrakatta Cemetery with a bouquet in my hand. Looking for the spot.

It will be a long trip for sure, about 30 hours, not couting layovers. I will still be in a jet lag fog and the sounds around me will make me jump. That last cup of coffee didn't help that much.

And my right eye will tear first. It always does.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #3791 on: February 09, 2008, 01:14:26 pm »
My mind is not here today, it is somewhere in the future, a few years down the road, I do not see myself older than 50. I am walking down a path in Karrakatta Cemetery with a bouquet in my hand. Looking for the spot.

It will be a long trip for sure, about 30 hours, not couting layovers. I will still be in a jet lag fog and the sounds around me will make me jump. That last cup of coffee didn't help that much.

I know of some people that would let you stay with them! save the cost of the hotel...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3792 on: February 09, 2008, 01:53:38 pm »
I would make a vacation out of it, go all about ht ecountry and meet my friends.

I read just now about his funeral and the article said he was buried in Fremantle Cemetery. So I dunno, it will all settle out.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3793 on: February 09, 2008, 06:36:20 pm »

Reading about the memorial and seeing the pictures had brought back all the disbelief. Shit, he was only 28 years old.  >:(  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3794 on: February 09, 2008, 10:42:52 pm »
Reading about the memorial and seeing the pictures had brought back all the disbelief. Shit, he was only 28 years old.  >:(  :'(

I know exactly what you mean Jeff. I still am in disbelief  :(

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3795 on: February 09, 2008, 10:50:48 pm »

We saw Pilot Mountain and somewhere betwixt there and it our home, unseen to our eyes. I wished Jack and Rich and nameless others could have been there. Never enough time, to even stop and appreciate. We were being called by food and time.

I sure do wish I had been there too Truman!!! I hate missing times like these. I hope maybe this kind of trip might happen in the future and if so I will be there one way or another. It looks and sounds like it was so much fun.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3796 on: February 09, 2008, 10:53:43 pm »
I read somewhere that "Pilot Mountain" was the inspiration for the name "Mt. Pilot," which was a town they talked about in Mayberry on the old "Andy Griffith Show."  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3797 on: February 09, 2008, 11:01:50 pm »
I read somewhere that "Pilot Mountain" was the inspiration for the name "Mt. Pilot," which was a town they talked about in Mayberry on the old "Andy Griffith Show."  :)

That would be correct Jeff from what I have always heard. Mt. Airy is close to Pilot Mountain so it would make sense. Siler City exists too and in fact is where Aunt Bea lived her final years in real life. Other places in North Carolina are also mentioned such as Winston-Salem, Charlotte, Raleigh and even Asheville.

injest

« Reply #3798 on: February 09, 2008, 11:03:31 pm »
I wouldn't know...being so YOUNG and all....

;D ;D ;D ;D

*ducking out the door and running away like a bunny!!*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3799 on: February 09, 2008, 11:09:12 pm »
I wouldn't know...being so YOUNG and all....

;D ;D ;D ;D

*ducking out the door and running away like a bunny!!*

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Whatsa matter, ain't you never heard of "TVLand"?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ain't you got a barn to muck out, er sumthin'?  ;D  ;D  ;D