Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2613913 times)

injest

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3800 on: February 09, 2008, 11:17:36 pm »
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Whatsa matter, ain't you never heard of "TVLand"?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ain't you got a barn to muck out, er sumthin'?  ;D  ;D  ;D

oh SURE...but it is so interesting to hear about these shows from people that were watching when they were 'cutting edge'... ;D ;D

barn? what barn?? I dont' know nuthing about no barn....

;D ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3801 on: February 10, 2008, 02:44:37 am »
oh SURE...but it is so interesting to hear about these shows from people that were watching when they were 'cutting edge'... ;D ;D

barn? what barn?? I dont' know nuthing about no barn....

;D ;)

;D  ;D  ;D  :-*  :-*  :-*

Love ya, Little Darlin'! And all my Brokie buds! You are all a blessing in my life.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3802 on: February 10, 2008, 05:14:04 pm »
Yeah Andy Griffith is from Mt. Airy, and the twon is plum eat up with it. He is their cottage industry. Pilot Mountain is a state park just south of there, you can see it for miles.

Now Mt. Airy is also know for other things, but they just don't get publicized as much, like the worlds largest open face granite quary. It is also the hometown of Yvonne Vaughan, who moved to Nashville and changed her name to Donna Fargo, and it was also the home town of Eng and Chang Bunker, the original siames twins, who settled there and married sisters and begat lots of decendants. But for some reason you never hear about them.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3803 on: February 10, 2008, 05:57:29 pm »

Oh Truman, i would love to do that.  But it cant be......i will send you something to take there for me.

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3804 on: February 10, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »
Those twins were famous!!

World known!!

Your family got to know them?

Hugs!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3805 on: February 10, 2008, 08:43:26 pm »
Naw, my family was to busy looking for a coffee pot to find the handle!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3806 on: February 10, 2008, 08:44:13 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mf7zJbqi4Q[/youtube]  8)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3807 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:06 pm »
This past week was a hard one for me and my circle of friends, most of you who come here. We all know about it, and seem to be of the same mind, so I don't see why we can't talk about it.

During the month of January, Scott let us know that he lost his mother and that he had developed a problem with his thyroid. It was a very emotional time for him and those who hold him in high regard, those who call him their friend.

This past Tuesday we learned it none of it was true. So there is you a space between what you know and try to believe.

I went thru several days of being angry, confused, lonely and just at a loss as to how to feel. I thought alot about online life vs. real life, examined the differences and commonalities and still could not find a memory of how to relate. On Saturday I called him and in two separate calls we talked for an hour and a half pretty much.

Scott tells me that the above is the only two times he has lied about his world. The other things he detailed in his biography he says took place and I make no judgement about any of that. I found myself examining how he sounded, if it were contrite enough and I don't know if it matters. He has problems, and I won't add to them.

But I miss him. I miss talking with him everyday, miss the text messages, miss the pms, and I never even met the guy in real life. I told him to consider me a friend and stay in touch with me, but I know the person I thought I knew is gone.

Part of what went thru my head last week was trying to understand how he got to that point and could I ever wind up in similar dire straights. I suppose so, but I sure hope not.

So I draw the shade, try and wax poetic, but it is too cold and the wax has hardened. Waiting for the summer sun to come and draw from it the words, like tender young shoots of new grass. No diner, no looking back, not perhaps what I thought at all. What was it I thought anyway?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3808 on: February 10, 2008, 11:21:58 pm »
            I suppose it is a case of having to back up.  Stand back, and take stock.  Decide what we think is real.  What is
necessary.  And what is important.  See if we can find a place to make a new connection.  A new friendship, or not.
Depending on our own history.  We will finish the story.  Its going to take a while.  But for once in a very long time, I
am going to try and go on.  I am just one of the kinds of people that sees human nature, and the things that people
do.  Not as a direct affront to me.  More an affront to themself.  Its very difficult.  But he is worth the fight, i believe.
I love him like my very own brother.  You dont kick your brother to the curb, because they are flawed.  You try and
help them.to get to the place they need to be.    I love him, and i love you, and hopefully we can come together again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:41:28 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3809 on: February 10, 2008, 11:27:55 pm »
It appears I got a Valentine's Day postcard from him. No return address but postmarked in Boston and signed "Scott," followed by a word I can't make out because the postal service printed stuff over top of it.

I can't think of any other Scott I know in New England.

I have been pretty depressed at times in my life in the past, but never did I ever resort to making up such whoppers of lies.

I assume he confessed, that's how we know it all wasn't true?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.