Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2618864 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3940 on: February 20, 2008, 10:39:35 am »
In the 6th grade I had a Health Textbook that featured as story about Helen Keller and a picture of Helen with her hands on the lips of her teacher Annie Sullivan. Someone who had the book before me had drawn comic strip balloon for them, Helen says; "You have very smooth skin." Annie says: "My mother was a lesbian."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3941 on: February 20, 2008, 02:46:33 pm »

this reminds me of a card I sent all my female friends a few years ago for Halloween.

Here is what it said....

Outside:  It's Halloween!  If something big and scary and monsterous chases you around all day, don't be afraid.....

Inside:  It's just your butt!

:laugh:

I got sooooo many piss off phonecalls after that card was received....... :laugh:

Reminds me of a birthday card I sent a friend a few years ago. There was a picture of a birthday cake placed on a toilet seat, and the text went something like, "Why is having too many birthdays like having too many beers?" "Because in both cases you could fall and break something in a horrible bathroom accident."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

moremojo

« Reply #3942 on: February 20, 2008, 02:58:26 pm »
In the 6th grade I had a Health Textbook that featured as story about Helen Keller and a picture of Helen with her hands on the lips of her teacher Annie Sullivan.
The image you shared here, Truman, of Helen and Annie is so beautiful...in fact, I don't believe I have seen it before.

Helen Keller is such a gentle, beautiful soul...one of my true heroes. She expressed herself with such exquisite sensitivity, all the more remarkable from arising out of such deprivation. She wrote of how death did not separate herself ever from her loved ones--all she had to do was turn her thoughts to them, and she could feel their living presence in her world. We could all still learn so much from this remarkable woman who was a great teacher in her own right.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3943 on: February 20, 2008, 03:06:47 pm »
She wrote of how death did not separate herself ever from her loved ones--all she had to do was turn her thoughts to them, and she could feel their living presence in her world.

That is very interesting owing to how she preceived the world, being deaf and blind her other senses would attempt to compensate.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3944 on: February 22, 2008, 10:49:47 am »
I've been fortunate to see several movies lately. The other night I saw the 1970s version of Murder on the Orient Express, featuring Jacqueline Bissett, who many years later protrayed Lila in Latter Days. That inspector Poirot is a real onion pealer.

But one I feel I really must recomment as a must see is the 1958 classic Vertigo, starring Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak. If you are enamoured with San Francisco as I am you will love this glimps into the era of big cars and plenty of parking places, and the story will have you guessinging right to the end. It holds up very well  after 50 years.
It is a Hitchcock masterpiece. See if you can spot him.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDqSL_RAsY[/youtube]

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3945 on: February 22, 2008, 12:47:35 pm »
I've been fortunate to see several movies lately. The other night I saw the 1970s version of Murder on the Orient Express, featuring Jacqueline Bissett, who many years later protrayed Lila in Latter Days. That inspector Poirot is a real onion pealer.

How come nobody ever told me Jacqueline Bisset is in Latter Days? I love Jacqueline Bisset!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3946 on: February 22, 2008, 12:51:31 pm »
How come nobody ever told me Jacqueline Bisset is in Latter Days? I love Jacqueline Bisset!
Sorry!
I didn't know who she was.
I recognize the name but thats it.
Was she the restraunteur?
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3947 on: February 22, 2008, 02:57:04 pm »
Yep Richard, that was her.  I loved it when she told the Mormon boy, So your religion doesn't allow drinking and it doesn't like homosexuals.  Well, I'm definitely not joining.   :laugh: 
That was a classic line!
What a great movie!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3948 on: February 22, 2008, 03:16:04 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: How come you never seen Latter Days?  :laugh: :laugh:

Mary Kay Place is in it too.  :)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3949 on: February 22, 2008, 04:38:36 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: How come you never seen Latter Days?  :laugh: :laugh:

Mary Kay Place is in it too.  :)
Who is that? The Mamma?