Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2618189 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #4000 on: February 27, 2008, 01:15:13 pm »
The Biggest Loser

There is certainly drama there!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4001 on: February 27, 2008, 01:24:36 pm »
The Biggest Loser

That's a reality show. Again, I said, "Ignoring reality shows." And doesn't that show feature a hunky trainer, anyway?  ;D

Since Lynne thinks Vincent D'Onofrio is hot, she may have answered her own question.  ;D But, there again, too, I said "fat and ugly." Vincent D'Onoforio could maybe afford to lose a few pounds, but I think he's quite nice-looking.

The Sopranos might be the exception to prove the rule. I didn't specify that a show couldn't be on a paid premium channel or network.  ;D But it seems to me even The Sopranos had at least one young hottie as an important character; I think he was Tony's nephew and got knocked off, but I can't remember the actor's name. I refuse to pay for premium channels that I don't need, so I've never seen The Sopranos.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4002 on: February 27, 2008, 01:36:27 pm »
I've never seen The Sopranos.

I have seen one episode since it let TV and was amazed at the level of violence. Didn't bother me, it just amazed me.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4003 on: February 27, 2008, 02:09:44 pm »

Has anyone seen the British version?

I have only seen a clip of it, I understand it was a miniseries of a few episodes.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4004 on: February 27, 2008, 02:12:19 pm »
The Sopranos might be the exception to prove the rule. I didn't specify that a show couldn't be on a paid premium channel or network.  ;D But it seems to me even The Sopranos had at least one young hottie as an important character; I think he was Tony's nephew and got knocked off, but I can't remember the actor's name.* I refuse to pay for premium channels that I don't need, so I've never seen The Sopranos.

Michael Imperioli. His name came to me while I was away from my desk, eating lunch.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4005 on: February 27, 2008, 02:15:58 pm »
You can get The Sopranos on DVD, Jeff.  Blockbuster has it, so you wouldn't even have to buy the DVD's.  It was a very good show.  And so was Six Feet Under, another HBO series.  Six Feet Under had a couple of gay characters, BTW. 

Tell you what, these shows get talked about so much that anyone who simply pays attention to what is going on in the entertainment world doesn't actually need to see them. Neither show really interests me. I'm more into police procedurals.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4006 on: February 27, 2008, 03:24:13 pm »
If they don't interest you, that's okay.  But this stuff about not needing to watch because you can listen to what other people are saying about those shows is not true.    ::) :laugh:

Did you know that one of the characters in Six Feet Under was a gay cop?  And there was a procedural aspect to the show, too.  But it involved the funeral business and not crime solving.   :P

Have you seen Third Man Out or Shock to the System with Chad Allen?   They're like episodes of Murder She Wrote with a gay lead character.  Chad Allen plays a gay P.I. in the series. 

Never heard of the Chad Allen stuff. I assume those shows are on a premium channel, and I've established that I refuse to pay for channels I don't need.

As for the rest, none of it is news to me, so I have to disagree with you that it's "not true" that I don't have to watch these shows. I'm standing by what I said about not necessarily needing to see these shows to know what they are about. None of what you've mentioned concerning Six Feet Under is news to me, and I've never seen a single episode. I'm going to be charitable and assume I just wasn't clear. I knew all about the gay aspects of Six Feet Under, cop and all, just from watching the Today show every morning and from reading the Philadelphia Gay News every week. I don't need to know any more than that.

And the last time I saw a picture of Chad Allen, he was looking a little scrawny. I guess pretty boys don't always grow up to be handsome men.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4007 on: February 27, 2008, 04:13:52 pm »
Okay, moving right along, I got Cruising from Netflicks today. Will be watching it tonight probably. Have you all ever seen it?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4008 on: February 27, 2008, 04:20:02 pm »
It's true that you don't need to see The Sopranos or Six Feet Under, but reading a few facts about them in a newspaper is not the same thing as actually seeing those shows for yourself anymore than reading posts at Bettermost replaces seeing BBM.

No, it doesn't. But that wasn't my point.

I thought maybe you'd like a bit of viewing pleasure the next time you ate a large bowl of glass.   :P

Does that come with fries?  ;D

Okay, moving right along, I got Cruising from Netflicks today. Will be watching it tonight probably. Have you all ever seen it?

Shit! I forgot Cruising was out on DVD. Thanks for the reminder. I saw it on video a l-o-o-o-n-g time ago. There was a discussion about it last fall, I think. Check the Cultural Tent, maybe? Or maybe Current Events?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4009 on: February 27, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »
Truman, just popping in to say you are a good moderator.

Sad news, Friends, our friend moremojo has deleted his account.  If you would like to maintain contact with him, let me know VIA PM that you want me to pass your email address on to him.  I know that a lot of the people who frequent this thread consider him a friend, as do I.

Clarissa