Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538351 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1110 on: January 04, 2007, 07:57:00 pm »
Shaking All Over Lyrics by Led Zeppelin

When you move right up close to me
That's when I get shakes all over me

Quivers down my backbone
I got the shakes in my kneebone
I got the ( ? ) in my ( ? ) bone
Shakin' all over

When you move and say goodnight to me
That's when I get shakes all over me

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1111 on: January 04, 2007, 08:46:00 pm »
Jo, Jo, Jo...

What sort of a sixties rocker are you anyway? LOL...I read that and said, no no no..not Led Zeppelin. A few minutes searching the old memory files of my brain and I said, yes! The Who...Live At Leeds

Fortunately, I have that CD close at hand (my daughter, who shares my rocker sensiblility gave it to me for my birthday). So, whipping out the liner notes we find that Shakin' All Over was written by Johnny Kidd, the leader of the Pirates, "one of the first truly ballsy rock 'n roll bands in Britain." Their version reached #1 on the UK charts in August 1960.

Maybe Led Zep covered this (anyone?) but I have to say, I have listened to as much Led Zeppelin as Who in my time and it is not ringing any bells in my brain. Anyone?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1112 on: January 04, 2007, 10:22:12 pm »
Now I just have to get all the time-frames sorted out in my mind - we're jumping back a little here, so I'm going to go back and try and figure out how long ago J&N met and how long Nick has been working at the Red Stallion at this point - not really important, but I like pondering all things J&N!

Thanks - Marie

Yup.  We need to go back and revisit the time when Jeremy bailed Nick out of jail and kissed him in front of one of his fellow Police Officers.     There is no doubt a story there about how he was greeted the next time he showed up at work.   How did the guys react to him "outing" himself?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1113 on: January 04, 2007, 10:55:41 pm »
you're on the right track, David.  The incidents in question occurred in the middle of "Dupree's Choice".

However, since it is getting late for this little camper I can't look up the exact timing... also, I did not date the chapters in that story since much action occurs on the same days, however, "Dupree's Choice" begins on October 28, the day of E & E's private marriage ceremony.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1114 on: January 04, 2007, 11:14:37 pm »
Holy Moly, Louise!  I thought I was working late - I'll be heading home in a little bit and its after 10:00 p.m. here - what time is it in your part of the world?  Hope you're feeling okay! 

And speaking of heading home . .

Leslie, my husband had three piles of albums when we first met - Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix,  and The Who - so he may have an answer to your question. If he's still awake when I get home  :) I'll ask him.

G'Night All,

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1115 on: January 05, 2007, 02:44:20 am »
As a fellow sufferer I know just what you're going through. For the unitiated the following little poem says it all!

Knees

Ellery’s got a painful back
It sometimes feels he’s on the wrack
Ennis’ leg bones in his ear
could mean he will no longer hear

But geez
you never want to know
just how it feels
with painful knees

It’s like an iron plate is bolted
on your kneecaps
which has halted
any movement and resulted
in some painful jolts and mishaps

Like some rusty nails attached
to loudly creaking bones
that grate together night and day
in time with all your moans!

But do not fear
a little pill
can make it better
and dissolve
the bolts and nails
and iron plate
And that is quite a thrill!

is that the famous "bees knees"  so famous from far and wide  ?

Beautiful mind

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1116 on: January 05, 2007, 03:19:17 am »
Jo, Jo, Jo...

What sort of a sixties rocker are you anyway? LOL...I read that and said, no no no..not Led Zeppelin. A few minutes searching the old memory files of my brain and I said, yes! The Who...Live At Leeds

Fortunately, I have that CD close at hand (my daughter, who shares my rocker sensiblility gave it to me for my birthday). So, whipping out the liner notes we find that Shakin' All Over was written by Johnny Kidd, the leader of the Pirates, "one of the first truly ballsy rock 'n roll bands in Britain." Their version reached #1 on the UK charts in August 1960.

Maybe Led Zep covered this (anyone?) but I have to say, I have listened to as much Led Zeppelin as Who in my time and it is not ringing any bells in my brain. Anyone?

L

Hey Leslie,

I'm not nearly as up on all this as you - I just remembered the legbone bit and googled it and up popped lyrics by Led Zeppelin - maybe their version was a remake. I bow to your greater knowledge!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1117 on: January 05, 2007, 07:50:59 am »
SPOILER

Ellery back in work, he can be a grumpy sod can't he?  :laugh: My mind was cast back to him saying to Ennis that he spends his days at work bitching and shouting and doesn't want to be domineering when he gets home. His colleagues don't seem to be the least bit fazed by him though. Just love those Ellery and Wes moments. Wes has his measure, and then some.

Drunk and agro Ennis turns into drunk and horny Ennis. I hope for Ellery's sake Lauren gets off the phone quickly!  :laugh:

It's nice to have the boys back!

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1118 on: January 05, 2007, 08:10:27 am »
have them back? where did they go?  I guess after a multi-daily E & E dosage any pause of a few days for Licky Nicky and Do-me Dupree is going to be a withdrawal.  EGAD!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

« Reply #1119 on: January 05, 2007, 08:16:51 am »
have them back? where did they go?  I guess after a multi-daily E & E dosage any pause of a few days for Licky Nicky and Do-me Dupree is going to be a withdrawal.  EGAD!

Louise, you know the only cure for withdrawal is more penatration!    LOL