Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538530 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1130 on: January 05, 2007, 03:53:05 pm »
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Lots of 'thudding' going on on different continents, i think!

here's my belgian *THUD*  :)

Ha ha, Belgian thud is good. Maybe I need some chocolate...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1131 on: January 05, 2007, 03:56:42 pm »
In honor of that chapter, let's haul some toys out of the archives, shall we?

and

I don't have the you-know-what in my photobucket, I think that might have been Milli...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1132 on: January 05, 2007, 05:41:11 pm »
Thanks for those lyrics, Marie.

My quick search found a version by The Yardbirds. But to me, the definitive version is by The Who, on the Live at Leeds album. Of course, on that one, you can barely understand the words! LOL

L

Yeah, when I mentioned the song - that's what my husband said - "Sure you're not thinking of The Who"?

We've never talked about musical preferences of our favorite men. In the movie, Ennis was putting quarters in the jukebox in the bar, but do we know what songs he actually selected? And the only time music has come up in reference to Ellery was the time he went cruising on the 287 in his new car with the radio turned up full blast. What was he listening to?

L

Oh, good.  I'm not the only one that obsesses over E&E minutia!  LOL!!!

Gonna wait to read Chapter 3 at home - the title alone tells me I should wait - and the comments have confirmed!   :laugh:

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1133 on: January 05, 2007, 06:20:50 pm »
very true, Marie... chapter 3 is NOT WORK SAFE!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1134 on: January 05, 2007, 06:49:23 pm »

Oh, good.  I'm not the only one that obsesses over E&E minutia!  LOL!!!

These are things I want to know:

1. What kind of shaving cream does Ellery use? Does he shave once a day or twice? If once, morning or evening? I suspect morning, because of his job, but I want to know.
2. What kind of shampoo and conditioner does he use? We know the conditioner is in a white bottle, but what brand?
3. Does Ellery use routinely use a comb or brush? At Junior's house he borrowed a brush, but combs get mentioned regularly.
4. How often does Ellery get his hair cut? Who does it? [can you tell I have a little bit of an obsession about Ellery's hair?]. What about Ennis and his hair?
5. Ennis and shaving...I suspect it is once a day, when he gets home from work. Does he shave in the shower or in front of the mirror?
6. Why on earth does Ellery wear a clip on tie?
7. And last (for now, I am sure I'll think of others)...is the real reading really under the mattress in the bedroom?

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1135 on: January 05, 2007, 07:25:33 pm »
1. Gillette "Smooth and Creamy".  He shaves in the morning before work.
2. Suave - both shampoo and conditioner.
3. He brushes his hair at home (or gets Ennis to do it) and combs it out in public so he won't look like a sissy-ass.
4. He gets his hair cut by Madge Milligan at the Salon4Men, and only gets the split ends trimmed off because he wants to see how long it will grow.  Wes got on him a couple of times and he pared it back to just below his collar a few times, but he keeps pushing it.  She gives him a special conditioning treatment and keeps trying to push some salon type products on him "because he has such wonderful hair!"
Ennis goes to a barbershop when it starts standing up on end badly after getting up in the morning.
5. Ennis shaves before Ellery gets home... guess why?  And he shaves in front of the mirror.
6. Ellery can't tie a tie to save his life.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #1136 on: January 05, 2007, 07:46:40 pm »
Anyone remember that erotic scene in the movie Tom Jones (starring Albert Finney and Susannah York) in which they both get stuck into a chicken dinner, ripping off bits of flesh in an increasingly wild feasting spree before jumping into bed together?  Ennis and Ellery's back and forth over dinner brought it to mind! Here's a shot of Finney in that scene.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 09:01:34 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1137 on: January 05, 2007, 08:13:32 pm »
1. Gillette "Smooth and Creamy".  He shaves in the morning before work.
2. Suave - both shampoo and conditioner.
3. He brushes his hair at home (or gets Ennis to do it) and combs it out in public so he won't look like a sissy-ass.
4. He gets his hair cut by Madge Milligan at the Salon4Men, and only gets the split ends trimmed off because he wants to see how long it will grow.  Wes got on him a couple of times and he pared it back to just below his collar a few times, but he keeps pushing it.  She gives him a special conditioning treatment and keeps trying to push some salon type products on him "because he has such wonderful hair!"
Ennis goes to a barbershop when it starts standing up on end badly after getting up in the morning.
5. Ennis shaves before Ellery gets home... guess why?  And he shaves in front of the mirror.
6. Ellery can't tie a tie to save his life.

Louise,

Thanks. I really really needed this information...

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1138 on: January 05, 2007, 08:14:33 pm »
Anyone remember that erotic scene in the movie Tom Jones (starring Albert Finney and Susannah York) in which they both get stuck into a chicken dinner, ripping off bits of flesh in an increasingly wild feasting spree before jumping into bed together?  Ennis and Ellery's back and forth over dinner brought it mind! Here's a shot of Finney in that scene.

I remember my parents talking about this, but I never saw this movie. When did it come out? 1964? I also remember them talking about Goldfinger like it was the dirtiest movie on earth. LOL

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1139 on: January 05, 2007, 08:32:43 pm »
I have laughed out loud at that mildly disgusting "rip the chicken apart" scene in Tom Jones... it was masterful!  And yes, I did sort of... have that in mind, though it was merely a parenthesis.