Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538246 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1310 on: January 12, 2007, 07:40:46 pm »
Another no from me too.

And me three!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1311 on: January 12, 2007, 07:42:15 pm »
Hi beauba  :)

That's a gorgeous icon of Jake!  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1312 on: January 12, 2007, 07:55:12 pm »
Phew , glad to hear that from you Louise . I can't imagine Ennis with someone else .

Welcome to Bettermost...!

Thanks for choosing the fanfic board as the place for your first post. We are glad to have you here!

Leslie
Moderator, Fanfic and
President, Ennis & Ellery Fan Club, as well as stats chick and prop mistress!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1313 on: January 12, 2007, 08:43:47 pm »
That's a gorgeous icon of Jake!  :)

Nice to meet you, beauba! -  It really is a gorgeous icon- look at those eyes! 

Yeah, have to go with the crowd about Ennis - he once told Ellery "I ain't made that way" at the Honeymoon Cottage (talking about loyalty, I think) and I think it applies to the one-night stand question - he ain't made that way.

SPOILER for Chapter 17 -

Loved the ornery banter between E&E - they really are married!  LOL!!

As for Wayne . . . well, that was smooth, Wayne, really smooth.  Of all the characters in Laramie he is the hardest for me to understand.   ???  He's one of a kind, that's for sure.

Another great chapter, Louise!

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1314 on: January 12, 2007, 09:47:18 pm »
Phew , glad to hear that from you Louise . I can't imagine Ennis with someone else .

This was a purely theoretical question. Now that Ennis is committed to Ellery he will stay loyal. I meant was he capable of a casual encounter before he met Ellery (if he got desperate)?
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1315 on: January 12, 2007, 10:18:55 pm »
same answer.

In my opinion - no.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #1316 on: January 12, 2007, 10:32:38 pm »
Spoiler

Am I the only one who felt Lauren was too harsh to Wayne?  Yes, Wayne has a big mouth, he should not have sprouted about Lauren’s bedroom secret, but it’s a problem between them and has nothing to do with the bar, he should settle it with Wayne in private instead of making a scene in the bar to kick Wayne out.  He’s a nice guy and a good bartender but I think he’s a bit too young to be rested with the responsibility of taking charge of the bar.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1317 on: January 13, 2007, 05:27:13 am »
Spoiler

Am I the only one who felt Lauren was too harsh to Wayne?  Yes, Wayne has a big mouth, he should not have sprouted about Lauren’s bedroom secret, but it’s a problem between them and has nothing to do with the bar, he should settle it with Wayne in private instead of making a scene in the bar to kick Wayne out.  He’s a nice guy and a good bartender but I think he’s a bit too young to be rested with the responsibility of taking charge of the bar.

Wayne has always had a big mouth. Lauren knew this and really shouldn't be that surprised when he spilled the beans. Ennis seems to overreact to Wayne every time and Ellery treats him with indifference. The guy is very ill and so far nobody is cutting him any slack - which I think is pretty sad.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1318 on: January 13, 2007, 05:29:12 am »
same answer.

In my opinion - no.

Yeah I think you are right. It's just as well the first guy to get him into bed was someone like Ellery.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1319 on: January 13, 2007, 06:44:28 am »
Wayne has always had a big mouth. Lauren knew this and really shouldn't be that surprised when he spilled the beans. Ennis seems to overreact to Wayne every time and Ellery treats him with indifference. The guy is very ill and so far nobody is cutting him any slack - which I think is pretty sad.

Yeah, I completely agree with you about Wayne, Jo. And I don't want him to be kicked out of the bar permanently either cause as far as I know, he's got no other place to go to or people to turn to which I also think is pretty sad too.