Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538682 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1380 on: January 15, 2007, 11:37:16 pm »
Woohoo .. yap, it is sooo great reading the printed books! 
I am trying to read the stories slowly but I can't ..  I am just gobbling up the chapters!  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1381 on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:27 am »
update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/201601.html  "22.  Meanwhile, Back at the Horse Ranch"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1382 on: January 16, 2007, 07:47:18 am »
ow, Louise, did you wait untill i was on my lunch break to post this chapter? That's just so nice. Thank you!  :)  ;D

SPOILER

I love these conversations between Wes and Edna. And it looks like a small circle of friends is impossible to do when you've got a lot of friends!

“He said yes?” Edna blinked rapidly. “You knew this yesterday didn’t you, Brownie?”

“Don’t be hittin a man when he’s eatin his eggs, Mrs. Brown,” Wes said, his voice gruff, but his face betraying a satisfied smirk.

:laugh:  :laugh:

It was really touching to hear Wes call Ellery their adopted son!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1383 on: January 16, 2007, 07:54:14 am »
yes, of course I did!

now i have to run a few errands, and today, unfortunately, I am going to have to take it easy because I think I threw my back out doing this 18 hour stints on the computer.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1384 on: January 16, 2007, 08:21:24 am »
SPOILER

ow, Louise, did you wait untill i was on my lunch break to post this chapter? That's just so nice. Thank you!  :)  ;D

It was really touching to hear Wes call Ellery their adopted son!

Good Morning (or Good Afternoon) All!

Awww -- so sorry about your back, Louise.  Do take care of yourself.

Great timing, Louise!  Fabienne's lunch break and my first cup of coffee!    :)  - and that adopted son line jumped right out at me, too!  :)

Louise, you have this whole invitation list thing down so perfectly! Really hard to keep under control.  Bunny's husband, Mel???  Jesus, Edna!   :laugh:  Thank God Wes realizes you have to think of the E&E when planning the list!  Interesting that this is howJeremy's news gets broken . . . obviously, everyone at the sheriff's office is aware - but I wonder if Jeremy has given any thought to showing up with Nick on his arm in front of his department friends?  Hmmm... And will Ennis surprise the daylights out of everyone?  Verrry interesting, Louise! 

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1385 on: January 16, 2007, 02:40:06 pm »
I am starting 'A Circle of Friends' today!  yay!  Actually, during my lunch break ..
Can't wait to catch up so I don't have to skip all the spoilers and discussions going on here ..

On Home for the Holidays - *spoilers*

~ Twas heartwarming to see that the Doc accepted Dupree as his son's partner and even got him a beautiful coat for Christmas ..
~ I hope we hear more about Dupree's family situation - like how things went with his mother, and if he finally got to see her ..
~ Santa, aka St. Nick really delivered on Christmas night, didn't he?  ;D  woowee..

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1386 on: January 17, 2007, 04:24:41 am »
Update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/202012.html  "23.  The Best Part"

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1388 on: January 17, 2007, 07:49:58 am »
SPOILER

...is making up!

Yep!  What a nice way to start the day, Louise!

"“Say, maybe I should get ya a new hat,” Jeremy said, stepping forward to put his hand on Nick’s belt buckle, and Nick put his hand over Jeremy’s, his other hand slipping around to cup a warm cheek with his freezing fingers. “Ow... that is cold.”

Well, you remembered the part about the hat, Jeremy.  Hope you remember the other parts of Ellery's making-up advice!   ;D

Thanks, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline beauba

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1389 on: January 17, 2007, 12:35:31 pm »
Chapter 21 ends when E & E go into the bedroom.
Chapter 23 ends with Dupree and Nick going to the bedroom .

Let me guess , the next chapter ends with Pookie and Simon going to the .............

There's gonna be a lot of making up sex in the next couple of chapters  ;D

I really think Simon should apoligise to Lauren , he was way to hard on him . Lauren didn't deserve that kind of humiliation .