Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 548674 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2420 on: November 27, 2007, 08:45:05 pm »
GAH!

Thanks for that picture, Marie...it always elicits the same reaction!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"H" is hips
« Reply #2421 on: November 28, 2007, 08:07:43 am »
Ellery's were skinny, and his pants tended to slide off them....
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
'I' is interest
« Reply #2422 on: November 28, 2007, 08:17:33 am »
One of Ellery's many important declarations...

“I would have zero interest in you if you could walk away from a man you cared about for half a your whole life and hop inta bed with me without a second thought. Did that occur ta you? Everything about you says you had some great tragedy hangin over you. I been a police detective for almost 15 years already and if it’s one thing I understand is people. I was ready to wait it out, have some scotches, exchange phone numbers, meet up, shoot some pool or fish till you finally dug it out, see if you might make a go of it again, but its you jumped the gun. I ain’t sorry yer grievin him.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:16:47 pm by belbbmfan »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"J" is jumpy
« Reply #2423 on: November 28, 2007, 08:33:38 am »
How Colson felt about Wilson Brand:

“I am just glad I ain’t Wilson Brand. That man makes me jumpy as a seven tailed cat in a room full a rockin chairs.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"K" is killer
« Reply #2424 on: November 28, 2007, 02:03:49 pm »
Ellery is determined to find Adam's killer:

Because without more investigation there ain’t gonna be any way ta find out what really happened, and who did it. But my gut tells me there is a who did it, an it’s the responsibility a them down there ta find a killer they didn’t know they had.”
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"L" is Lauren
« Reply #2425 on: November 28, 2007, 02:08:06 pm »
Started off pushing a broom and eventually became the head bartender at the Red Stallion. Amazingly, Lauren's name is mentioned ONCE in the entire 99,935 words of Taking Chances!

L

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"M" is Movie Star
« Reply #2426 on: November 30, 2007, 03:32:48 pm »

".....an I look like a movie star......" 

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
'N' is nervous
« Reply #2427 on: December 01, 2007, 02:01:57 pm »
what Colson was, sitting next to The Deputy in Bill's appartment.

All eyes were fixed on the lean, dark figure of Ellery Cantrell as he savored a short cigar and another cup of coffee, unfolding his legs and moving his chair back so he could think. Colson cast nervous glances at him from under the brim of his hat, which he had shoved on his head at the moment he had made his dash for the stairs, and which he stubbornly kept on as a sign to everyone that he was not willingly staying. It was very easy to imagine Ellery with a Colt revolver on a holster at his hip and a six pointed badge fixed to his vest -- he exuded authority. And it was that air of authority that kept Colson glued to his chair, because Ellery knew best what to do.

==comment==

dang Marie, that is a GREAT picture. *sigh*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"O" is ornery
« Reply #2428 on: December 01, 2007, 07:52:02 pm »
The way Wes described Ellery, at his promotion party:

“An our other announcement of course, is the naming of our new Chief Deputy, the most ornery detective I ever hired outta the University a Northeastern Arizona, who has distinguished himself in ways I didn’t even know he could, promotin him from detective A grade and Deputy Sheriff to the position vacated by Warren, effective first a June, Ellery John Cantrell.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"P" is Picture
« Reply #2429 on: December 03, 2007, 02:22:36 pm »
of Adam that his mother sent to Ellery - the first and only one Colson ever had.

Colson ignored the shot, and pulled the picture out of the envelope, looked down at it. For once, his eyes remained dry, and after a long moment, the ghost of a smile appeared on his lips. “That’s Adam, that’s fer damn sure.”