Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 548759 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1880 on: May 09, 2007, 08:00:29 am »
Hey, Fabienne - nice to see you!

I'm mostly biting my nails overJeremy - what's with his extreme reaction to Jeeves and this whole missing Lance thing - that makes me so uncomfortable. What will he tell Coslon and what will Colson tell him?  I hope he and Nicky are okay.   

I don't think Jeremy broke his "blood oath" to his sister and told Ellery about the rape specifically - but, yeah, he's obviously mentioned Sue and Ellery's pretty smart about reading people and putting two and two together. I'm not sure what Jeremy's reaction would be if he knew what Ellery told Paula  :-\   But, on the other hand, it was good that Ellery let Paula know Jeremy isn't just trying to avoid her.  And yes, "good ground rules" - a perfect way to phrase that nice gesture from Paula.

I'm not so worried about Jeeves - he's a smart cookie and I'm sure his explanation for everything will be very interesting!  I wonder whatever happened with Martini Man?  Weren't they going home together around Christmas.  Hmmmm..... more to ponder!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1881 on: May 09, 2007, 08:04:29 am »
so of course it isnt going to surprise anyone that with Paula's unfortunate penchant for falling for gay men...

ahem...

who here hasnt fallen for Ellery? what would you do if you had to go take a witness statement and had to do it with Ellery Cantrell, even in an ornery state of mind, eh?

More later, right now is nap time!

and that was 3700 posts!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1882 on: May 09, 2007, 08:52:49 am »

who here hasnt fallen for Ellery? what would you do if you had to go take a witness statement and had to do it with Ellery Cantrell, even in an ornery state of mind, eh?

::)  ;D  :P  8)

and that was 3700 posts!

Congratulations Louise! That's almost 4000!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1883 on: May 09, 2007, 01:39:09 pm »
here it is folkses,

as promised, chapter 5 of "The Chesterfield Fortune"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/217541.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1884 on: May 09, 2007, 01:57:09 pm »
Woo Wee!  Thanks, Louise - I think I'll give myself a little reading coffee break.

:-*
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1885 on: May 09, 2007, 02:16:10 pm »
Woo Wee!  Thanks, Louise - I think I'll give myself a little reading coffee break.

:-*
Marie

Looks like Jeeves needs a coffee break too.

A bogus letter from the Inland Revenu? Who would send him that? hmmm, more mystery although i believe his story about Chas Chesterfield.

and....

'“That last part is meant ta be funny is it?”  Joe Tooey commented.'

:laugh:  :laugh: You can always count on Joe to put a smile on your face.

Thanks Louise
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1886 on: May 09, 2007, 02:27:39 pm »
someone from the Inland Revenue doing a favor for a Stanhope I suppose.

right ?

;)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1887 on: May 09, 2007, 02:43:08 pm »
. . .
A bogus letter from the Inland Revenu? Who would send him that? hmmm, more mystery although i believe his story about Chas Chesterfield. 

someone from the Inland Revenue doing a favor for a Stanhope I suppose.

right ?

;)

Well, that sounds about right  - LOL!  Can't wait for Chief Deputy Ellery J. Cantrell to get back and start unraveling this mystery with that genius I.Q. - love seeing that man in action - any kind of action (or inaction for that matter)!   ;D

Great chapter, Louise!

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1888 on: May 09, 2007, 03:08:00 pm »
okay so I have an interpretive question for you hardcore readers, and by hardcore I think you know what I mean...

what do you think of the more-mystery less-bedroom plot?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1889 on: May 09, 2007, 09:03:11 pm »
okay so I have an interpretive question for you hardcore readers, and by hardcore I think you know what I mean...

what do you think of the more-mystery less-bedroom plot?

SPOILERS

I'm really enjoying this story. the dialogue and banter are first-rate as always.  It has a great central mystery - about Jeeves.  It has some great subplots involving not only the rape investigation, but the evolving relationship between Ellery and Paula, and Jeremy's strong reaction to . . . well, I'm not exactly sure who or what Jeremy is reacting to.  I love when Jeremy and Colson have their heart-to-heart chats, and I'm guessing we'll see another of those soon. I also really liked seeing Joe in his deputy role - there's a man that can hold his own against anyone.  It seems that this particular story lends itself to a more-mystery plot - there's a lot going on!

Having said that, I know I wouldn't object overmuch if Ellery needed a little backrub and lovin' from Colson after such a stressful day, or if Jeeves left the station in time to meet Jerry for the movie and ... whatever - or if Sweet Thing goes home and has his Nicky make it all better as only his Nicky can!   ;)  :laugh:

Looking forward to more!
Marie