Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 958248 times)

injest

Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #3930 on: October 02, 2007, 07:26:04 am »
Cause they got lost in the time & cyberspace continuum

How was your day?

bonjour, Roland!

I had a good day until about 11 last night when D caught me eating my hidden ice cream..that boy is gonna tell Don and then there will be NONE left for me!

:laugh: :laugh:

dang it.

injest

« Reply #3931 on: October 02, 2007, 08:32:40 am »
yep, Roland is avoiding me again.... :'( :'(

either that or he is at work and just checking in now and again...

let's see....which one of those should I run with???

hmmmm.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3932 on: October 02, 2007, 05:48:18 pm »
Naw - this boy is just too dang busy ...

When I got to school this morning I had to do some photocopies ... Barely had time to turn on the computer, check my school e-mail (or was that yesterday) and tuned in to BM ... do the photocopies and rush rush rush. Had time at 9 - but I'd lost the connection to internet from my computer (It's quite unreliable) so I used the computer room's computer to do stuff that was due last Friday - worked on it for the better part of the hour. No time for BetterMost at work today.

Also had a short meeting after school (think we got a big one tomorrow night, and another one on Thursday).

And this evening (in about 75 minutes) The pool league's new season's starting up. New format (only 5 players per team, instead of 10), so I'm playing at a dif'rent bar (They wanted me - promissed me the moon - ok, just lead off player - for getting onto their team). I'm pleased with the change - hoping to do better cause my home team bar's pool table will be a little smaller than where home's been the last couple a years.

So what's new with you? Tuesday ... big night out to the bookstore?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3933 on: October 02, 2007, 06:24:32 pm »
nope. Got an 'emergency' meeting of the directors of the association I do the website for... :P

seriously, Roland...emergency??? the finals are over a month away!

but I got to gather up all my papers and go meet with them to go over the point standings...

I was wondering when your pool playing started up. It is only one night a week right? How far away is the new bar? Is it easy to get to?

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3934 on: October 02, 2007, 06:44:26 pm »
Seems like I'm so seldom here when y'all are, so just want to say hi to y'all!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

injest

« Reply #3935 on: October 02, 2007, 06:54:22 pm »
Hey, Fritz!

Did I see the Spruceman online the other day??

How are things in the capital today?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3936 on: October 02, 2007, 10:31:54 pm »
It is only one night a week right? How far away is the new bar? Is it easy to get to?

Yup one night a week. All the bars/pool houses are within a 4 block radius in the downtown area. Takes about 45 minutes to gt there by public transit.

Ended up at the wrong place (with less than 10 minutes to spare). Was directed to a nearby bar and from there to the correct one. Still played first. (had to play 3 games cause I scratched on the black ball in the second game - Still won fer the night).

I still got it (though my opponent wasn't very good).
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3937 on: October 02, 2007, 11:19:00 pm »
Yup one night a week. All the bars/pool houses are within a 4 block radius in the downtown area. Takes about 45 minutes to gt there by public transit.

Ended up at the wrong place (with less than 10 minutes to spare). Was directed to a nearby bar and from there to the correct one. Still played first. (had to play 3 games cause I scratched on the black ball in the second game - Still won fer the night).

I still got it (though my opponent wasn't very good).

Roland is a POOL SHARK??!!

now that ain't no way for a Sheriff to be!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3938 on: October 03, 2007, 04:40:41 am »
Something int'restin happened when I left the house to go play pool last night. It was 'bout 7:10 and, as I hesitated to close the front door *did I have my keys/tokens/wallet/i-pod on me?* I noticed a couple a people (a man and a woman) across the street, dressed kinda funny, like orthodox jews or sumthin, standing next to a car on the 'no parking' side of the street, and they seemed to be looking towards me, or at least towards my house *there's an election goin on right now in Ontario - maybe they were promoting a candidate?*

On closer observation, I also noticed the really intense look on their faces, and though they were definitively not looking at each other - they were looking towards my house - they both seemed to be having a lot to say ... they definitively were talking. Next I notice the're holding onto a book of some kind - not pamphlets. Noticed again the intense look on their faces and I finally get it.

They were prob'ly some islamic folks, caught in the middle a nowhere, travelling, you know, and got stuck in the middle a nowhere at prayer time (5 times a day, I think). There's a mosque just 2 blocks away, but their clothing did not look like those of the people I've frequently seen walking in that area in the early evening, Their intense look, their probable facing-towards-Mecca, lead me to believe the truth nature of the situation.

Took prob'ly less than 20 seconds, from the time I first noticed em to the time I realized what was what, and then came the thought of the gulf of dif'rences between people in my community ... Here I am going to my one fairly innocent outing for the week, with a book on the Beetles in hand, installing and starting up my i-pod's earphones, making sure I've got my tokens for the public transit, and these folks are standing next to their car, in the middle a nowhere to do their '5-times-a-day' prayer thing. Also very aware of the fact that I am most likely to come across some most arrogant passengers on the bus (some very Jamaican - read: 'the-world-owes-me' kinda individuals) while on my way to play pool with other aging gay guys and gals. It's quite sumthin living in this city!

injest

« Reply #3939 on: October 03, 2007, 07:25:58 am »
that is something, Roland. There just isn't that kind of diversity around here. Pretty cool.

bonjour!