Author Topic: How Happy Are You, Really?  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
How Happy Are You, Really?
« on: January 19, 2009, 01:53:06 am »
You Are Very Happy

Your life is totally together, and you enjoy every day.
And you don't need a quiz to tell you that!
You know how to find pleasure in the little things...
And even when life isn't so great, you have a good sense of perspective.

How Happy Are You, Really?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

pnwDUDE

Re: How Happy Are You, Really?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:36:20 am »
You Are Very Happy
Your life is totally together, and you enjoy every day.
I don't think anyones life is totally together and yeah, I enjoy every day.

And you don't need a quiz to tell you that!
No. I just wake up with my man snuggled up to my side and no answers to any quiz can make up for that.

You know how to find pleasure in the little things...
--I find pleasure in cleaning our house, making the bed, and doing the laundry. Because then we can have a clean house and nice, folded clothes.
--Grocery shopping is one of the more enjoyable things because it is about buying things we consume and ultimatley enjoy
--Cooking. Many think this is a 'little thing' but I don't. We can't go out and eat and find it better than what I can do in my own kitchen, and if it takes me hours to prepare, all the better.
--Being at home. Little for some, but the ultimate for us
--Planting, prunning, mowing, watering, weeding--Certain pleasures because the results are beyond pleasurable.

Many dismiss the little things, the mundane, and the routine. In reality, it is life. One makes ones bed. How it feels when one jumps into it is, well, up to the maker.

And even when life isn't so great, you have a good sense of perspective?.
When life seems 'not so great', I wonder what I did wrong.

Brad

injest

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:39:20 am »
No. I just wake up with my man snuggled up to my side and no answers to any quiz can make up for that.
--I find pleasure in cleaning our house, making the bed, and doing the laundry. Because then we can have a clean house and nice, folded clothes.
--Grocery shopping is one of the more enjoyable things because it is about buying things we consume and ultimatley enjoy
--Cooking. Many think this is a 'little thing' but I don't. We can't go out and eat and find it better than what I can do in my own kitchen, and if it takes me hours to prepare, all the better.
--Planting, prunning, mowing, watering, weeding--Certain pleasures because the results are beyond pleasurable.

Many dismiss the little things, the mundane, and the routine. In reality, it is life. One makes ones bed. How it feels when one jumps into it is, well, up to the maker.

Brad

yep.

to all except the weeding... :P

injest

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:36:41 pm »

Brad

sometimes when I am off doing what has to be done, errands, shopping, working...all I can think about is just getting home...I mean I just WANT it so bad, like a craving.

injest

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:14:21 pm »
it's true that life is a trade off...if you want one thing, you can't have another.

You have to decide what is important for you and then stand strong against those that want to tell you that you dont' really know what you are talking about.

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 03:40:23 am »
You Are Pretty Happy

You generally have a happy, fulfilling life.
But things could be a little better, and deep down, you know it.
Maybe you need more supportive friends or a more challenging career.
Something is preventing you from being totally happy. You just need to figure out what it is!

Yeah pretty much me alright...