Author Topic: Rosie Has Left The View  (Read 8858 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Rosie Has Left The View
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 12:32:06 am »
Didn't the argument start because Rosie wanted Elizabeth to back her up on her statement about body counts and who was the terrorist?

Rosie had every right to speak her mind and though Elizabeth doesn't have the brains the gods gave a turnip, she was within her rights not to agree/back her up, if she didn't agree.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 10:58:29 am »
And might I add, Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a shrill, ignorant, insensitive c-word.  No - that's being too kind.  You have to have some intelligence to merit the c-word or even the b-word.  So let's just say she's a twit.

Never watched "The View" so I know nothing of Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  IMO, some of the descriptions that were used can be applied to Rosie as well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 02:06:52 pm »
I watch The View but missed this one, just as I somehow manage to miss ALL of the big controversial ones (the Trump dissing, the bad Chinese imitation, the Clay Aiken/Kelly Ripa contretemps, the drunk Danny DeVito episode). I have seen the YouTube clips.

It's funny, when she's not talking about politics I kind of like Elizabeth. She's cute, she has cute clothes (those both go a long way with me  :laugh:), she's conservative but at least apparently not homophobic. I like hearing from "regular people" conservatives now and then, so I can find out their side of the story and try to figure out how they justify it to themselves. She was the only real conservative of the group (Joy and Rosie are both liberals, Barbara is carefully neutral), and thus not much of a threat. She's not the brightest bulb, but I don't think she's a complete idiot and I wouldn't call her the C word or even the B word. Oddly enough, aside from politics, I got the feeling that Rosie and Elizabeth got along OK.

Elisabeth is one of those people who have never had any struggles. She was born pretty and blonde, white, to a middle income family. I can see her buying into the conservative line that 'they are the party that believes in people' that anyone can be rich and successful if they just try real hard. And anyone that doesnt must be lazy or stupid.

Well put, Jess! I think that kind of thinking explains the political views of most, if not all, reagular-people conservatives.

I will reeeeaaaaally miss Rosie, though. She was the life of the show. I'll probably go back to exercising during the Today Show instead of The View.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 03:20:03 pm »
I wouldn't call her a c-word or b-word (as I said), either.  I would call her a twit.  I agree with you on one thing - she wears cute clothes.  Don't like anything else about her, though.  Didn't like her on Survivor, either - in fact, I stopped watching it during that season primarily because she annoyed me so much.  I guess I should thank her for that, come to think of it...

;)
No more beans!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 07:45:52 pm »
Ooh, Phillip - just watched your second clip.  WTG, Alicia Silverstone!  I now have something else to love about her besides her performance in "Clueless" (which was classic).

And The Donald - "the dumbest person in television."  LMFAO!  I never thought I'd say this, but THANK you, Donald.

OMFG i laughed my head off when he said that.  She was so cute on survivor...but she made it thru on someone elses back,,,,and she is so cute still, but she is like Barbie,,all body w/no brains...she is overplaying her role,
as the resident airhead...She is stupid and vapid, and has no natural born intellect...just another republican mouth.....

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 07:53:52 am »
Wait a minute, after watching that first clip, to me the earth-shaking thing is that Joy Behar read her list out loud on American TV. 

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 08:09:36 am »
Rosie is really pleasant as long as everyone agrees with her. Then, when she can't bully someone into seeing things her way, she quits. She's on a show where 2 of the 5 mostly agree with her, 1 (Barb) either remains neutral or does damage control, and then the 1 poor little conservative dared stand her own ground and Rosie couldn't take the heat.

If she wanted to be clear on who she was referring to as terrorists, she should have spit it out---it's not up to Elisabeth to translate for Rosie. I would have rather Rosie finished out her 3 weeks instead of trashing her dressing room, having her friend/agent draw a moustache on Elisabeth's picture, and leaving in a big pouty huff.  
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 12:14:05 pm »
If she wanted to be clear on who she was referring to as terrorists, she should have spit it out---it's not up to Elisabeth to translate for Rosie. I would have rather Rosie finished out her 3 weeks instead of trashing her dressing room, having her friend/agent draw a moustache on Elisabeth's picture, and leaving in a big pouty huff.

Last time I tried to watch those videos I couldn't get them to work, so I finally just watched them now, and I agree, Shasta.

I like Rosie, think she's hilarious and entertaining, and have defended her all along. And my political views match hers, not Elizabeth's.

But in this argument, I sided with Elizabeth. It didn't sound to me like she was betraying Rosie but, as she said, giving Rosie a chance to speak for herself. Rosie's behavior was bullying and childish.

And note to Donald Trump: Elizabeth the dumbest person on TV? You've got to be kidding. She's no Einstein, but there are FAR dumber people on TV than Elizabeth.

injest

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 12:03:20 am »
I saw a piece on the news about Rosie at a concert talking bad about "heteros" and how they can't be trusted...

that is wrong. I know straight people have picked on gay people but it is wrong to make prejudiced comments....no matter who you are or who you are talking about...

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 01:14:37 am »
Rosie has issues, that's for sure. 

I like Rosie, I like her humor, have defended her, but she can come across as both controlling and defensive. 

Like Shasta said, Rosie has problems with people who don't see things her way and can't be brow-beat into seeing things her way.  She doesn't respect other people's POV when she feels hers is the right POV.  If other people start to defend their POV and start to dissect her stance, she feels like she's being attacked, hence her recent comment about being stabbed in the back.

Was she joking?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:21:47 am by delalluvia »