Author Topic: Getting to know you, part 2  (Read 10709 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Getting to know you, part 2
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 08:13:18 pm »
22) Hidden stash of adult material: I'm not teliing and you can't make me!  ;)

I bet we can find a way to make you talk......

*runs to first half of survey*

14) Are you ticklish? Where?: Everywhere! There's a spot on my stomach just under my ribs that is especially ticklish.

A-ha!   ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 04:26:00 am »
21) Bad habit: No bad habit - I'm perfect, just the way I am! Seriously, there's not enough space here to list them all!

22) Hidden stash of adult material:  My stash ain't hidden. It's posted right here at BetterMost, at the Vintage Beefcake thread!

23) Best halloween costume: Halloween is no big deal here in Australia. It was totally unknown when I was growing-up in the 50s and 60s.

24) Favorite Magazine: Time

25) Favorite smells: Gardenia and jasmine

26) Favorite sounds: The voices of my loved ones

27) Worst feeling in the world: Holding my dear mother's hand as she passed away. The powerlessness of knowing there was nothing I could do to help her.

28) 1st thing you think of when I wake up: As I put my feet on the ground each morning, I am in the habit of saying, "I give thanks for this day of life."

29) Favorite color: Varies. Generally purple and black.

30) Future child's names & why: male or female: It's never going to happen, mate!

31) important thing in life: When I was a child, I was told to wish for health, wealth and happiness, in the event of ever stumbling across a benevolent pixie, who wanted to grant me three wishes. Now that I'm older, I know that the most valuable of these three wishes is health.

32) Favorite foods: Italian

33) Storms; cool or scary? I love storms

34) first car: Holden sedan

35) 1 person I would want to meet-dead or alive: Alexander the Great

36) My dream job: To be a successful artist (painting in oils on canvas) and make a successful living from the sale of my paintings.

37) Ever been in love: Oh, yes! Still am!

38) Glass 1/2 empty or full: The glass is always half full!

39) Favorite sport to watch: Rugby League. I keep my eyes on the players, not the ball!

40) Tell an embarrasing story about myself: Gad, which one of the zillions should I choose? I've turned making an embarrassment of myself into an artform! Buy me a drink and I might consider telling you a few of the most cringesome!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:07:19 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 08:05:02 am »
21) Bad habit: putting things off

22) Hidden stash of adult material: none

23) Best halloween costume: not into Halloween costumes

24) Favorite Magazine: Health, More, We, Vanity Fair cant pick just one

25) Favorite smells: orange blossoms

26) Favorite sounds: music

27) Worst feeling in the world: depression

28) 1st thing you think of when I wake up: Thank you for another day

29) Favorite color: purple

30) Future child's names & why: male or female: i like my daughter's name, Ashley Christine.  I was actually thinking of naming my son that if i had a boy ~ after Ashley in Gone With The Wind, but then i got to thinking its a pretty name for a girl.  Obviously at the time i didnt know how popular the name was gonna be for girls.  Never wanted to curse a child with my name, Devony

31) important thing in life: The past is history, the future is a mystery, the present is gift, thats why they call it the present.

32) Favorite foods: salad

33) Storms; cool or scary? i dont like the storms around here, but im not afraid of them

34) first car:  a 1970's something green Dodge Dart.

35) 1 person I would want to meet-dead or alive: Jakey G, so i could jump his bones lol

36) My dream job: Forestry

37) Ever been in love: yes

38) Glass 1/2 empty or full: 1/2 full always

39) Favorite sport to watch: golf

40) Tell an embarrasing story about myself: i dont know

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 10:24:26 pm »

21) Bad habit: Lately it's spending lots of time on BBM websites whilst I'm at work.

22) Hidden stash of adult material:  :-X

23) Best halloween costume: A handmade mermaid costume that my Mom made for me when I was in 3rd grade.  It was beautiful... but it was hard to walk while wearing it!

24) Favorite Magazine:  Art in America

25) Favorite smells: this will sound odd... but the smell of my cat's fur (it smells warm and spicy... very comforting)

26) Favorite sounds: laughter

27) Worst feeling in the world: it's a tie between the horrible feeling one gets when something important is lost (like a wallet, etc.) and guilt (good call ineedcrayons)

28) 1st thing you think of when I wake up: "Can't I just sleep for 10 more minutes!?"

29) Favorite color: green

30) Future child's names & why: male or female:  Imogene, Maisie or Millicent for a girl and Aubrey, Collin or Xavier for a boy.  I like really old fashioned names (maybe it's a good thing I'm not really planning on having kids).

31) important thing in life: Another tie: (1) feeling like you've succeeded in whatever your major goals are in life and (2) compassion and kindess for others.

32) Favorite foods: Mexican

33) Storms; cool or scary? -  I love storms!

34) first car:  the first car I owned the title to is the one I currently own... a white 1999 VW Beetle

35) 1 person I would want to meet-dead or alive: Virginia Woolf

36) My dream job:  I'm lucky enough to say that I have my dream job, but it turns out to be a lot more stressful than I ever imagined

37) Ever been in love: Once with my college girlfriend

38) Glass 1/2 empty or full: I try to be a 1/2 full kind of girl... but I often struggle with this.  It's easy for me to be a 1/2 empty type... depending on my mood I guess.

39) Favorite sport to watch: Bull Riding!  Seriously, since BBM I'm hooked!  My two favorite bull riders on the PBR are Brian Canter and J.B. Mauney.  They're both really young (like 18 or 19) and both remind me of Jack Twist-types for different reasons.  Both are very successful (Mauney is no. 2 in the ranks right now).  And, the best part is, almost always when the announcers discuss either one of them, they mention that they're best friends with each other.  Often you see them helping one another mounting the bulls in the shoots, etc.  It's so cute.

40) Tell an embarrasing story about myself:  I was a tour guide once at a museum in Connecticut (this was a summer job when I was in college) and I remember being on a tour with about 25 people.  And, all of a sudden, out of nowhere I got the worst bloody nose of my life.  It was really, really bad.  I remember having to run out of there and just leave the people standing there.  It was awful (gross and embarassing).
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 11:14:36 pm »

25) Favorite smells: this will sound odd... but the smell of my cat's fur (it smells warm and spicy... very comforting)

Doesn't sound odd to me at all.  Our German shepherd Layla's fur had the most wonderful smell - kind of earthy and yet clean, like fresh-cut grass, and yes, very warm.  Whenever I was feeling low, I'd bury my nose in the fur between her shoulder blades and all would be right with the world.

No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 11:47:06 pm »
Hello everyone!

I shouldn't be spending time on this. But, if it's Chuck, I have no resistance (shades of LaShawn!)

21) Bad habit: Biting my nails. I don't really think of this as a bad habit. I grew my nails out once, and I had to spend about an hour a day taking care of them!

22) Hidden stash of adult material: I don't have one. I like my adult material in the flesh!!

23) Best halloween costume: I spent weeks working on my son's Legolas costume, and it was awesome!

24) Favorite Magazine: The New Yorker.

25) Favorite smells: My husband's armpits (for several months, I have been using his Old Spice. Shh! Don't tell anybody!

26) Favorite sounds: the wind in Wyoming

27) Worst feeling in the world: Being rejected or being ignored (it's the same thing).

28) 1st thing you think of when I wake up: Something great might happen to me today!

29) Favorite color: Green

30) Future child's names & why: male or female: My children's names are

31) important thing in life: Follow your passion and sheep be damned!

32) Favorite foods: Fennel, oysters, sheep's cheese

33) Storms; cool or scary? They frighten me, but I'm trying to get over that.

34) first car: a '60s mgb

35) 1 person I would want to meet-dead or alive: Marie Antoinette

36) My dream job: I have it now! I work with a bunch of engineers and I tell them what to do

37) Ever been in love: yes,

38) Glass 1/2 empty or full: Full!!! I am in the unique position of getting everything I ever wanted in life. So now I am saying, what next?

39) Favorite sport to watch: Ice hockey

40) Tell an embarrasing story about myself: I held a press conference to annouce the Gold Medal winner of the Olympics in bicyling and no one came! I found out later that John Delorean was arrested at the same time so that was why.

Edited by David on 06/04/07 to adjust post format.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:46:18 am by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 11:59:31 pm »
Doesn't sound odd to me at all.  Our German shepherd Layla's fur had the most wonderful smell - kind of earthy and yet clean, like fresh-cut grass, and yes, very warm.  Whenever I was feeling low, I'd bury my nose in the fur between her shoulder blades and all would be right with the world.

As an allergy sufferer, the very thought makes me sneeze. But I'm curious; was she named Layla after Eric Clapton's Layla?

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 12:22:56 am »

I grew-up with a beautiful German Shepherd, Barb. She was my best friend when I was  a little boy. I loved her and she loved and protected me. We were inseparable. Until now, I had forgotten about the wonderfully comforting, safe feeling I used to get, by burying my face in her fur. We were good friends. Thank you for bringing this back to me.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 01:18:55 am »
21) Bad habit: Queen of procrastination here
22) Hidden stash of adult material:  :-X
23) Best halloween costume: Tinker Bell, complete with wings, fairy dust, magic wand and annoying bell
24) Favorite Magazine:  The New Yorker
25) Favorite smells: woodsmoke, freshly cut flowers, dusting powder (reminds me of Granny)
26) Favorite sounds: kitty sleeping noises, thunderstorms when I can stay in
27) Worst feeling in the world: disappointment
28) 1st thing you think of when I wake up: I start calculating how much longer I can really sleep...
29) Favorite color: red
30) Future child's names & why: male or female:  Mamie for a girl (after Granny); no good ideas for a boy currently.
31) important thing in life: Making a difference to others in small ways every day
32) Favorite foods: Any ethnic - Thai, Indian, Mexican, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Italian...
33) Storms; cool or scary? Very cool!
34) first car:  1987 Ford EXP
35) 1 person I would want to meet-dead or alive: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and former President Carter
36) My dream job:   ???  still looking
37) Ever been in love: Yes
38) Glass 1/2 empty or full:  I really try to stay positive - half full and with champagne at that, but it's not always so easy.
39) Favorite sport to watch: Soccer
40) Tell an embarrasing story about myself:  When I was about 7, we were opening Christmas gifts, and I opened some 78 records.  I threw a wicked tantrum because I didn't have a record player..of course, it was still under the tree waiting to be unwrapped.  I'm still embarassed about being such a brat.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 11:43:32 am »
21) Bad habit:     Biting my nails, but I can stop with the right incentive.

22) Hidden stash of adult material:      No.

23) Best halloween costume:      I made our dog Madison a ballerina costume.  She has long, skinny legs and looked adorable in her pink leotard and tutu.

24) Favorite Magazine:     Time.

25) Favorite smells:     Fresh-cut grass, Old Spice, limes.

26) Favorite sounds:      Piano music or water flowing in a fountain.

27) Worst feeling in the world:     Heartache.

28) 1st thing you think of when I wake up:     What time is it?

29) Favorite color:     Reddish orange.

30) Future Current children's names & why: male or female:      Michelle, because it's a pretty name and worked well with our last name; Elaine, after Elaine Robinson in "The Graduate," because it sounded good with Michelle.     

31) Important thing in life:      Quoting a George Harrison song here, "Morning is good at arriving at the right time; no, it's not always going to be this dark."

32) Favorite foods:      Grilled cheese with tomato; Italian food.

33) Storms; cool or scary?     Scary.

34) first car:     A 1976 dark blue Chevy Chevette, in hindsight a stupid choice.

35) 1 person I would want to meet-dead or alive:      My father.  He died before I was two.

36) My dream job:     Still deciding but probably something artistic.

37) Ever been in love:      Oh, yes.

38) Glass 1/2 empty or full:      Usually 1/2 full but I do go through negative phases.

39) Favorite sport to watch:     Women's gymnastics.

40) Tell an embarrasing story about myself:      I worked as a court reporter decades ago.  I was taking down the deposition of a husband in a divorce case and, losing my mind momentarily, I just stopped taking down what was being said, instead writing stuff like, "I hate this effing job", "This job sucks," "Why don't you shut up already?" etc., gambling that the transcript wouldn't be ordered, but, of course, it was.  I had a lot of explaining to do to the people at the agency I worked for and the attorney who had hired me, so it was a humiliating and embarrassing experience.  I don't know what I was thinking.  It was the stupidest and most out-of-control thing I've ever done.  I guess I subconsciously wanted to get fired, but that didn't happen.